Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > what do guys really want???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bdebe
Msg: 3
view profile
History
what do guys really want???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have to ask myself all the time what women really want. I've dated all kinds. Some want sex. Some just want to play games. And then like my ex, wanted a serious realationship. She moved far away. Thats why I'm here and I'm not one for long distance. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned, I'm one that wants something long term. I would think it all depends on the demeanor of the person. Sometimes you can tell what they want within a few hours of talking or being with them. You'll just have to learn to read their body language and see whats between the lines of what their saying. But becareful with reading between the lines. Like myself, what I say is almost always what I mean. I try not to have any underlaying meaning to the things I say. Just my opinion.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 4
view profile
History
what do guys really want???
Posted: 7/8/2006 11:11:15 AM
What do I want?
I want the perfect woman.
Someone intelligent, caring, beautiful, witty, creative, adventurous, shares my hobbies, is the right amount of crazy... the list goes on and on.

Oh, and hey... I found her. ;)
Elzeothis is everything I could ever hope to find and more.
Thank you PoF for letting us meet.
 RSwindol
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/8/2006 11:37:27 AM
Why did you ask what it is that guys really want and then turn around and answer you own question by stating that some guys want sex, others want to be friends, and others want relationships? You answered your own question. No two men want exactly the same thing, but must of them fall pretty close to at least one of the three categories that you mentioned.

Now allow me to ask you a question. Why do women feel the urge to ask questions that have obvious answers? Is it to make the man feel smart or is it because women really are that stupid?
 Double Cabin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2006 9:14:29 PM
To be revered as a God.

Or perhaps just accounability and reason to go with a hot bod and an engaging personality.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2006 9:37:48 PM
^^^That is the post of the day man!
 Wickens
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/6/2006 4:50:16 AM
It's different for every guy, just like it's different for every woman.
I want to meet friends right now and if something comes of it, then that's gravy.
Worst case scenario I have a new friend.
 ydenyme
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 8:44:53 PM
Depends on the guy.Me for instance...my sex life began at 15,I've had a lot of experience(luckily making it out disease free).I've been getting into 21 and over bars since 18,and it's all overrated to me now.I'm 33 yrs old now and I'm one of the ones looking for the solid relationship now.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > what do guys really want???