Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Plentyofmoms.com      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 luckytopher
Msg: 1
Plentyofmoms.comPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
it's so sad that the resulting search of "Has kids: No." is so tiny on here... I wonder why this site in particular attracts the single moms more than it does the single non-moms...
 luckytopher
Msg: 2
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:13:32 PM
and i can understand that...

but it would be stupid to assume that only women with children access the internet... i'm just curious why the majority on this site are like that... what is the attraction here (or the deterrant for those without children?)
 luckytopher
Msg: 3
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:22:56 PM
let me rephrase

1) we know that both single moms and single non-moms access the net
2) it is apparent via searches that the vast majority of the women on this site are single moms

i'm trying to figure out the correlation between this site in particular

why am i here? i wouldn't mind making a few friends (of which i'm not particular about whether or not they have children) but i also won't turn down a valid, worthy dating opportunity (though i don't date women with children)
 14MEOK
Msg: 4
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/8/2006 1:33:04 PM
It would be nice if "living at home" or "left the nest" were available options !
 luckytopher
Msg: 5
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/8/2006 2:50:36 PM
drama has never been a concern of mine when dating someone with a kid... there are other, valid reasons/points... i won't get into them as i generally get bashed (basically for having my own personal standards/requirements/opinions) though they are well thought out... what it boils down to is that dating single moms isn't for me... i've tried it.. several times.. and the same results happen.. not just with her but also with me mentally/emotionally... by actually saying i won't date a woman with children, i'm saving other women the pain of dealing with a relationship that ends up nowhere because of my views...
 luckytopher
Msg: 7
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/9/2006 11:10:12 AM
single non-moms have no different use... many are tired of the bar scene, the clubs, the typical pick-ups, etc and try online dating... and if you visit any other site you'll see there are quite a few... my point (again) was that the quantity on THIS site is larger than normal
 wbishop
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/9/2006 11:23:05 AM
there is a large amount of single moms on this site which is one of the reasons i use it, as a single dad i am more attracted to single moms since we have more in common. I think tex has the answer though.
 indian_princess_7
Msg: 9
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/9/2006 1:46:06 PM
Ahhhh! I have a simple answer for you darlin'. The deterrant for those without children is the simple fact that single women without kids can easily go out on the drop of a hat and meet people, where as for single moms cannot. Single moms still have to deal with the childrens social activities, such as soccer, and tball, and school, and if they are sick, most likely the moms aren't going out on a date. If the single moms have their priorities straight, their kids will come first. I personally prefer to date single fathers because they do understand how sometimes you have to cancel a date because something else is going on with the kiddos. And they also know how difficult it is to balance everything out. I remember right after my divorce, I didn't even try to date men for 5 years because I just didn't have the time or the energy, (nor the interest for that matter). So that is your answer, single women are out their LIVING their lives (going to social events, going out with their friends, going to the bars, etc,)instead of sitting in front of a computer for hours on end.
 wbishop
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/9/2006 6:52:29 PM
all of you single moms out there, give this single dad a chance!!
 luckytopher
Msg: 11
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:20:10 PM
angie *is* quite beautiful.... and i have to respect anyone who has successfully raised two children, especially at such a young age :)
 luckytopher
Msg: 12
Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/19/2006 8:52:09 PM

luckytopher not all single moms have drama ..i really don't have any drama in my life for the most part i keep things running smooth its part of being mature an independent...

if you had read ANYTHING i wrote you'd notice i never mentioned drama, and that is not the reason i dont date single moms...
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Plentyofmoms.com