Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Dating/Meeting someone from another race      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rickyrick
Msg: 1
Dating/Meeting someone from another racePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Why is it so hard to find someone on this site that dates out of their race?
 arri
Msg: 2
Dating/Meeting someone from another race
Posted: 7/15/2006 8:41:51 AM
Open minded and intelligent women are usually colour blind ... and why would you even want to date someone that isn't?
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/15/2006 9:42:42 AM
I am in a race with time.

If I leave that race I will be timeless.

I think you are right, I should leave the race.

Annudder
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:23:56 AM
Its all in the numbers sweetie. When it comes to internet dating you have to go thru the profiles, find the ones that peak your interests and drop them a line. Only a small percentage will answer you back and fewer still from those will you find some you can engage in a learning corrispondance. Then you find the ones you want to meet in real life and arrange a date. You'll go on many of these dates before you come face to face with the one you click with.

Race has nothing to do with it. You write a letter to a woman here, she is going to look at your profile before she responds. If she doesn't like black men, you get deleted. If she doesn't like tall men. you get deleted. If she likes another type personality...same thing, deleted. She goes thru the same steps you do when looking at a profile. If she likes it she answers, if she doesn't she moves on.

When you are going thru profiles you are looking for specific things before you write. When she recieves that letter, she is looking for specific things before she answers. Its all in the numbers. Eventually the right approach reaches the right response and two people end up getting together.

If you are narrowing your own vision to race, then you have to be prepared for the women you write to, to be doing the same thing. In internet dating you have to develope patience.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:45:50 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with race. Plenty of women from every race date black men. I guess they think you are not their type or simply don't find you attractive. Who knows....after all everyone has preferences. Don't make it a race issue for no reason.

~*Flavia*~
 14st NYC
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/15/2006 8:26:36 PM
My $0.02.

1. Try wome within your own age.
2. Network of friends (Friends introducing you to fellow friends).
3. The race thing is kind of very dicy...being an African I get a lot of emails from European women(UK area and those from the Dutch living in USA)
4. If you want you can play the image game...I dable in night club promotions at the MPD and Chelsea over the weekends...the guys whom get the numbers and email are the confident ones and the well dress.
5. Like the lady from Dallas said it is a numbers game.
6. Don't take it personal.
7. Use POF as a learning ground to brush up on areas you may not be good at.
8. You have just put yourself in the lime light be prepared to read some of the most despicalbe posting you will ever read....

Hang in there all white women don't hate black men and all Asians are not rude and insensitive to other peoples feeling. Keep
 designingwoman
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:33:14 PM
HMMM. Aliens!! I wonder about those green ones with the big eyes!

I'd say no to a Ferengi, but YES to a BAJORAN! Now those Bajoran guys are hot eye candy!
 HankiPanki
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:53:34 PM
no race no enthencity
just human being

Warm Regards
AmeerHamza
 14st NYC
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/16/2006 3:52:36 AM
My $0.02.

1. Try someone within your own age.(That is if you have not already)
2. I suggest you do some networking( friends, community events and other churhes).
3. The race thing is kind of very dicy...being an African I get a lot of emails from European women(UK area and those from the Dutch living in USA)
4. If you want you can play the image game...I dable in night club promotions at the MPD and Chelsea over the weekends...the guys who get the numbers and emails are the confident ones and the well dress.(those guy who just lie.. the big fat liers)
5. Like the lady from Dallas said it is a numbers game don't give up.
6. Don't take it personal, just move on.
7. Use POF as a learning ground to brush up on areas you may not be good at.
8. Visit the Scandinevia or London
9. Make it a point to approache at least 5 women a day.(5*6=30, 30*4=120, 12*120=1,200)
heck with this number you never know!

cocopuff1974
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/16/2006 10:13:05 AM
OP, maybe you will have luck if you looked inside your own race and stop looking outside of it.....
 piami
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/16/2006 4:42:47 PM
Check this one out:
I am 1/2 Samoan & 1/2 Winnebago Sioux. But many, many people have mistaken me for Black, Hawaiian, Mexican etc.

I was adopted by my parents (who are a white as white can be) when I was 6 months old,
so my mannerisms are purely caucasian. I get along with EVERYBODY.

I have never had a problem dating anyone. And I think I've got all the races checked off and covered. Oh yeah, I remember this one gal ( a karaoke dj) who didn't like non-white people and she wouldn't even return my "hello." But nobody liked her anyway. Gee-wonder why.

So, what I've found, is that, for me, it has boiled down to whether or not a woman and I are able to connect on a social and intellectual level. Once that is established, a date is just around the corner. If any of the women that I have dated did have a funky thing about dating a dark-skinned man, who that might think is black, I've been pretty successful in smashing those walls down.
 designingwoman
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2006 8:07:06 PM
Any Klingons on tonight?????
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:16:20 AM
I don't see where race is a big issue anymore. I have a job working with the public, and I see all combinations of different races.

Just because you contact a woman and she isn't interested in you, it doesn't mean it is because of your race.

I also think that the way people grew up has a lot to do with it. Logic may say it doesn't really matter, but if you grew up being taught each race should stay with their own, that little voice in the back of your head will always be there.

The only time I see race as being a problem, is when you hate or won't date your own race. I work with a woman(white) and she will only date black men. She says she hates all white people, especially men. I feel that no matter what race you are, you should be happy and proud of that race.
 14st NYC
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/17/2006 3:50:30 PM
Come on cocopuff1974(32y old)

Do you know if the brother did try a sister?
There is nothing wrong with him dating women of a different race.
You should be encouraging the brother. Personally, I think you and the brother should hook up. I like your smile..you have the face of an Egyptian Queen or a Nubian godess. I am from Africa I know this because women with your face structure come at a premium it is the equivalent of I don't know Josphine Baker or Cindy Crawford(yes thats right).

Now back to the brother...I will like for you to either starte another thread were brothers who want to meet the sisters can each speak our mind on why we don't seem to get along. Hopefully, we can have a decent discus without any name calling. By the time I come back from the gym ...and you have not started another thread I will starte one and let you know about.
 cocopuff1974
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2006 10:19:34 PM
@14st NYC,
Hey thanks for the compliment! And I don't think there is anything wrong with dating outside your race. I have before. I have a problem with someone PURPOSELY looking for someone outside their own race. I don't like for people to exclude their own. That's just me. But I'm all for people making themselves happy and if dating outside his race makes him happy, then who am I to judge.
 14st NYC
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/18/2006 7:08:15 PM
I do hope so my sister because if the OP is going out of his race because of some past issue...boy he will be shocked to find out we are all humans and we have flaws.
Like the gentle man from Canada said it is all about similiarities if it is not there nothing will work out.

And he should remember rejection is part of the game. And not take it personal:
 Stupendousman
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/20/2006 11:42:21 PM
Why is it so hard to find someone on this site that dates out of their race?

Rickyrick, while I think a majority of us guys are having a tough time on this site, I think your question is valid. What this site is missing is a preference as to race. MANY PEOPLE DO HAVE PREFERENCE ON RACES. This is not an issue of racism but personal preference. It may turn out that a high majority of women on here just prefer white men. But we can't really know that without the input from them. If true, you need to be up for the challenge and be a top notch marketer.

Sure, women will say it's character that counts and they are probably mostly truthful. But you don't get much chance to show character if you can't even get a reply right? It's mostly a meat market here, based first on first impressions, mainly how your photo looks.

Now, most of you say that race does not matter. But let's put aside humananity issues and assume we are all on the same level - a human is a human and we all need to respect each other, blah blah. And this is not about your workplace, this is about dating from a website. Let's make this more relevant to POF - where its all about first impressions, where a million guys message one girl, where the majority of girls are white, and where your main photo determines if a girl will even answer your email. I mean personal preference towards a hair color or one type of look or culture or race does not equate into racism. So let's take an honest look from a courting perspective - I'm sure statistics will show that a slimmer build attracts more fishermen and fisherwomen, looking like Brad Pitt, showing more flesh, are other influences. So how about ethnic appearances and assumptions of attached cultures - would you perhaps pass over some races more readily than others, or look more at certain races? Some of you will prefer black women, spanish men, white, perhaps due to skin color, features, culture, etc.. Let's hear from a variety!

Now I already know a lot of white guys dig Chinese chicks for some reason (some exclusively). But unfortunately, I dont think the other way around is such a fad, YET. So let's have some valuable input from the ladies on this issue - then I can get to work on a PR campaign for us chinese men. :D Since this is your thread Ricky, we can make it a combined black/chinese man campaign - we can incorporate movies like "Romeo Must Die"!

Personally, I'm attracted to white women first (I was raised by a white family - ever seen "The Jerk"). LOL. But I am interested in black, chinese and others as well. I don't tend towards Greek or ladies from the Mediterranean area (though Turkish Delight is cute). ;)
 14st NYC
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/21/2006 5:14:42 PM
What this site is missing is a preference as to race. MANY PEOPLE DO HAVE PREFERENCE ON RACES.

I agree 100%.
 Stupendousman
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/21/2006 9:47:49 PM
Thanks Emerald, I'll come check it out!

Jimmy, I think the day that race is not an issue, will also be the day that a person can simply and openly state PREFERENCE of INTEREST for Chinese or Caucasian or Chinese or African etc. (did I mention Chinese?) without being judged and shamed for it, and having it clouded with bigotry. It's two different things. Racial preference can be swayed by better marketing and persistence, charm, intelligence, etc.. There's also gaining better reality of the other culture. While I would respect an East Indian's rights as much as I would an African's, it doesn't mean I can't prefer to go to Africa and make some African friends next summer.

In my group of friends, I can occasionally call someone "white bread", another "darkness" and another "chink" (for light comedic effect of course). Or I can joke about the white guy having that weird obsession with chinese chicks. And we live in peace and harmony without biases about each other. All I'm saying is that we need to come up out of the seriousness of the whole thing and live and assume the ideal. (We can still recognize and EDUCATE the bigots that are trapped in time.) So what if some chicks don't give chinese guys a second look? Like some fellow posters stated above, it's a matter of culture, background, upbringing. Can't change it really by looking down on them. It's not something to resent - it's actually a challenge to break through the fixed ideas and actually win someone's heart!
 Stupendousman
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/21/2006 10:08:59 PM
Well thank you, you sweet fishy! Thanks for your input too on the "dark hair/eyes/skin". Hm...useful data for my PR campaign... Cute kitties by the way. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Dating/Meeting someone from another race