Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Internet dating/small towns.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wild Heart
Msg: 4
Internet dating/small towns.Page 1 of 1    
The online experience has pretty much been the same as if I lived in the city. What bothers me most is that I can't do many things spontaneously.

That said, there have not been that many men who were bothered by where I live.

One problem about living farther away from major cities is that one can't meet people who do not have a car that often. Unless one person is willing to do all the driving, which is really taxing for someone who drives 2 hours a day to get to work. Even picking up that person at the airport is an hour away etc. One might be missing out on a great person!
 Wild Heart
Msg: 11
Internet dating/small towns.
Posted: 7/17/2006 12:55:47 PM
For me, an hour is what I drive every day for work, so it would not bother me to drive that. I've driven 4 hours + for someone before. If you really want to be with someone, you will make the effort.
 2findU
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2006 1:35:52 PM
I have the same problem and I live in a bigger town than you do. More than half the women I've written to within this town don't even read the e-mail I've sent let alone reply. Of course you have to read it first if you are going to reply.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2006 4:40:23 PM
I've met women from nearby...
One was a 5 minute walk. :p
Usually only a few minutes drive (10-20).

I've met some who were a bit of a drive.
Like an hour or two.

And, now I've found the woman I want to spend my life with.
Who lives all the way down in Colorado.
Who I made a 6 hour flight to see (last minute) even though I'm terrified of flying. :p

Distance is irrelevant. ;)
 Billbug
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/19/2006 4:51:08 PM
Yeah, well I met a girl on the net once a few years ago. She looked quite nice in her profile pic and we hit it off. She lived interstate and 12 hrs drive from me. After talking on the phone & net for several months I decided to drive to her place at her invitation. When I arrived, not only wasn't she anyhere near the age shown on her profile but she weighed about twice as much as I did. After that experience I am a bit wary about long distances. Why can't people be honest in their profiles? I also live in a very small town (pop. 1500) and if I have to drive that sort of distance at least they could be truthful about themselves.
 cowgirl2005
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:28:46 PM
Comming from the same small town as you ... wonderful "Coulonge" I must admit that I find it alot harder to find someone who is worth dating ... I often, myself, look further more into the city guys ... but for all I know...mister right might be right around the corner of this small town !!

Take care !
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Internet dating/small towns.