Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women too picky      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ellpop
Msg: 15
Women too pickyPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Hello, Doc,

You are the one I'd like to meet! At least you know how to post a reparte. Well written! You are right, the bitterness shows through loud and clear in a lot of men's profiles and messages. And get rid of your beards! They make you look older, they stink, they itch, they make you look lazy and uncivilized. You never get a second chance at making a first impression!

If you like, write me at ellnpp at foxinternet, add com.

ELENA
(feisty German writer/investor in Edmonds)
 CharleneAnn
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:32:08 PM
OK.... ever think It might be just the fact you are NOT what she is seeking..... DUH!

Hate to say this you may NOT be EVERY womans Idea of heaven...... Just because you contact her does NOT obligate her to like you, contact you or even read your dammmmm email!

Geeeesh.. get over it. Just keep casting your line........ NOW go play with your worm..... *shakes her head sadly*
 CherryChip
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/2/2007 5:14:57 AM
i guess i agree with that,but honestly i'm that way also,being not for just physcial reasons,i have to have a chemistry connection with the guy,and if his looks are there then that's a plus.i never mean to hurt or offend anyone.i'm not better then anyone nor are they.i just want to meet a single honest guy,for building a relationshp,dating is good at first.meeting and talking to see if the chemistry is,if not that's cool met another good person.ok you all have a great day.good luck finding our mate.
 CharleneAnn
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/2/2007 9:15:38 AM
ALBERTAN ON THE ROCKS...... it is your profile too....

hey, just looking for a woman that will make me happy, be honest to me and has similar interests!

TRY : I am looking for a woman to be happy WITH! That will share honesty, trust and like values, as well as similar interests.

I enjoy movies and tv but it doesn't dominate my life! I have a nice hobby in photography, and I like computers.. (well my career revolves around them!)

Nice hobbies and liking computers... doesnt mean your career revolves around them......

Try: I enjoy movies and some TV in my spare time, but I enjoy photography and computers even more. So much more that I have built a career out of them.

I love dogs (have 2) and the outdoors is where I'd rather be if I had a choice!

I'm a good man, strong and simple.. Honest and caring. And I am loyal to whomever I date... I believe in having a great deal of respect towards a woman.

DOES THIS MEAN YOUR NOT LOYAL TO ANYONE ELSE? I would rework that line.

hehe, if I say anymore, i'll give too much away! then there wouldn't be any point in writing to me now, right?

Honestly you haven't really given ANYTHING away here.. just bare minimums and basics.... Good luck with your search... I will keep you in my thoughts. You need to be positive.... oh check your spelling!!!
HUGS!
 hapeenurse
Msg: 29
Women too picky
Posted: 4/2/2007 9:30:24 AM
bahahaha wow where to even start?

so much hypocrisy in one thread...
women are too picky , with a guy who has a whopping four year age bracket for the women he is seeking?!?

men are picky , women are picky , everyone is picky, and why the heck shouldn't we be?
theres a difference between being selective versus being shallow and petty...

oh and generalizing based on gender (or anything else for that matter) tends to get people annoyed...

Maybe you're just meeting the worng people , have faith !
contacting people/dating etc isn't always easy , but when it goes right, it sure is fun!
 curlygrl
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/2/2007 1:40:06 PM
Oh Boo f**king Hoo -
Are you serious - I met the guy of my dreams because
I contacted him - not the other way around- I would still
be waiting-
The message thing - this will go on forever -
yeah some guys want to meet someone for more than a one night
stand and so do girls - who are you contacting - Some women
have thier agendas and you are not on it - thats all -
 honeybl
Msg: 33
Women too picky
Posted: 4/2/2007 1:45:49 PM
Ok, I'm fairly new here, but I've been on a few other dating sites for a few years, and the complaint is always the same: "the women are too picky!" Guys, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. We are the minority here, and you (the men) are the majority. That means, for every 10 guys, there's maybe 1 woman. That means you men need to be on your best game, showing us your best behavior, your best attitudes, and your best "hook". Because if we're not impressed, we're moving on to someone else.

I took the time to spell out in my profile exactly what I'm looking for. If I am contacted by a man who has little or nothing to say on his profile, or if it's obvious that he hasn't read my profile, he may get a minimal "thanks but no thanks" from me. If he is rude, obnoxious, or annoying, he won't get a reply at all. And if he says he's "exactly what you're looking for" but isn't (because he didn't read my profile, otherwise he'd know he wasn't!), he may or may not get a reply, and it may involve something of the effect that "if you are too lazy to read my profile to see what it is that I want, you're probably too lazy in other areas of your life as well."

Now, that being said.... Ladies, it only takes 5 seconds to send an email saying you're not interested. They took the time to message you, and unless they are just obnoxious or rude, have some courtesy and at least tell them you're not interested. Being polite doesn't hurt.
 curlygrl
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/2/2007 3:15:06 PM
who are these women who are getting these insane amount of emails-
Im decently attractive - I dont get this - this is a classic excuse -
she is not answering because she is not interested - thats it in a nutshell-
 CharleneAnn
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/3/2007 12:49:30 AM
HURRAY FOR EEEK!!!!!!
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 39
Women too picky
Posted: 4/3/2007 1:35:47 AM
EEEK!!! The voice of reason.

Like the man said. He gets his share of emails. Ya might just wanna take the cotton out of your ears and stick it in your mouth!

And FYI. I receive a few emails on a regular basis and I will respond if the person says more than "Hi there". My age settings were 39 to 50 and I changed them yesterday to 20 - 99. Today I received an email from a man who was well over 50, not terribly attractive (maybe he's just not photogenic) but he was from Wales and was very sweet & genuine in what he wrote. So I wrote him and told him I was part welsh, yadda, yadda & yadda. The operative words here are sweet & genuine. Now take that cotton out of your ears.....

And when you're b!tching about ALL the women being shallow and not reading profiles? I resemble that remark, but it is not me.
 MDNinja
Msg: 42
Women too picky
Posted: 4/3/2007 8:43:03 AM
I don't have time to go over this thread so I'll just say this. Guys that get all ****y about women, are all idiots and losers.

Peace out.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/3/2007 3:02:45 PM
tmotts is 100% correct "You have to understand that it is different for women than it is for men. From what I understand women get much more mail and seem to have more to chose from. Just because you are not what they are looking for doesnt mean you wont be for someone else. Dont feel rejected. Sometimes we narrow it down to a couple at a time. It could get overwhelming responding to too many.And after awhile you begin to know the ones you would date almost immediately. There is someone for everyone, dont blame us for not always responding, there is always an explanation, dont take it personally. I try to respond, but must admit I dont always."

WOMEN get tons of e-mails on every Internet dating personal web site. Especially women who are very attractive. They get flooded with e-mails. Your profile and e-mails has to be really great if you want to stand out from the rest. I know it sucks but that's the way it is. It's the dating game. Don't worry about if the women don't respond to you it's no big deal. Their loss right?????? You know your a great guy and you know you have a lot to offer women so don't sweat it. I realize it can get frustrating being single for so many years. If anyone knows I do since I have been single for nine years now. It's no big deal. :-) If you want to have less competition from other men go to the Ukraine seriously. The Ukraine has tons of attractive single women who are very intelligent from what I hear but only do that as a VERY last resort. Usually if men aren't successful at dating it's not the women at fault it is something wrong with them. Their confidence or self esteem is low or they don't have much direction in life. Meaning that don't work at improving themselves everyday and they lack ambition.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/6/2007 4:58:37 PM
Why? Why? Why?, Would anyone dig up an old thread like this, We see them here everyday new and old and still feed them.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:45:54 PM
Now theres a good Idea, good ol pof corn roast, know a perfect spot, let you know in august.
 Gravity_Vortex
Msg: 57
Women too picky
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:46:57 PM

Some guys really just want to meet someone and not have a one night stand...put your wall down and take chance!!!! So you have been hurt before, so have we!

I hear you on that one......OH DO I EVER...! Let them play there stupid games, one day they will wake up and find out....ITS TO LATE. And then they can go fishing at the bottom of the bait bucket and see whats stuck on the bottom.

Oh well....to bad...so sad....tough luck.

LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 11/29/2015 4:38:37 PM
Just another whiny rant from a guy who is not succeeding...ho hummmmm

.. I agree putting pics of the ex is not a good idea and certainly not children either. You have to realise that some women are not serious here, are fakes and flakes. This rant wont do you any favours with women. You have been here 8 years? I would be going to profile review as has been suggested.

browneyesboo
Msg: 59
Women too picky
Posted: 11/30/2015 11:02:17 AM
Something a little sad about someone (anyone) saying they aren't being
chosen because others are "too" picky.

I mean most people are picky when they pick out clothes or pets or
friends or even fruit for pity's sake. Why shouldn't they be picky about
picking out SO...someone they might want to get naked with?

Usually we're not chosen because there's something about us others
just don't like. It's pretty much that simple.

Don't ask people to not be "too" picky. Make yourself into someone
people want to know. Let your personality shine through if your looks
leave something to be desired. Use what you've got and work on what
needs to be improved.

I mean, who wants to end up with someone because that person wasn't
too picky? I'd rather be with someone who was picky as hell and decided
I was worthwhile...flaws and all.

But that's just me.
I'm not necessarily one of the bright bulbs on this site.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:19:08 PM
5'7" is short. Girls who are 5'4" and wear heels are going to be your height and taller. Most women, even petite ones prefer a taller guy. Average height for men in my country is 5'10" no matter how you may want to tweak the statistics. If you are shorter then you can build yourself up and at least be broader, to compensate. Plenty of shorter man are married and with families but it would not be my choice as I would not want shorter sons.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 61
Women too picky
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:32:24 PM
You're picky -- so why not they?
 CheezePissa
Msg: 62
Women too picky
Posted: 11/30/2015 8:40:23 PM
I love picky women. I personally can't stand women that would eat any type of pizza, just because it's pizza. It grosses me out. If you are Chicago style, BE Chicago style. If you like it with all the stuff, like it with all the stuff. I personally like the simplicity of tomatoes, basil, good cheese and sauce. Maybe an anchovy or two. Simple.
I am picky about my women too. So should she be. I would be disgusted if she wanted to go to CiCis pizza. I would have to double think if she chose Dominoes. And definitely no Papa Johns.

So I love picky.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 63
Women too picky
Posted: 12/1/2015 4:12:45 AM
^What you describe is Margherita pizza, though from my experience, one anchovy or two are one anchovy or two too much for said recipe. (The best I ate was in Belgium, 2007.)
 CheezePissa
Msg: 64
Women too picky
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:41:26 AM

What you describe is Margherita pizza

Absolutely. But I am a sucker for anchovies and I will never lower my standards. Add a Stella Artois and we're talking. Those damn Belgians!!
 south_city
Msg: 65
Women too picky
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:47:03 AM

I mean most people are picky when they pick out clothes or pets or
friends or even fruit for pity's sake. Why shouldn't they be picky about
picking out SO...someone they might want to get naked with?

IMO people should be more picky about LTRs and marriages. But I tend to be more flexible in the beginning. I went out on dates with women that didn't exactly match all of my preferences or woman that had mediocre photos. If there wasn't mutual interest / connection / attraction after 1-3 dates, then move on. Also I tend to avoid women that had a long list of requirements when I match these requirements. In my experience, they are often demanding and hard to please in general.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:21:16 AM

Don't ask people to not be "too" picky. Make yourself into someone
people want to know. Let your personality shine through if your looks
leave something to be desired. Use what you've got and work on what
needs to be improved.

It's easy to say this as a woman on a dating site, or a guy that just effortlessly has women attracted to him... But you gotta think about how this has to feel for the people at the other end, when who they are and who they're happy being, isn't good enough for anyone.

We ARE too picky, though. Just look at these forums and the ridiculous list of "red flags" that have had their own threads over the years, you can't live with family, no excuse, you have to have a car... period, have to be above some arbitrary height, have to be born in the right month (we actually had an astrology thread for a while), no roommates, if you got laid off yesterday, you're undatable, longest relationship has to have been a minimum amount of time, you have to have had a girlfriend before, no handicaps, and we haven't even touched looks or who the guy is as a person yet.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 67
Women too picky
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:33:46 AM
Gee, that's a pretty low bar you've set there Trucker. Employed; had a girlfriend at least once; live in your own place; drive a vehicle. If I didn't meet that minimum, I wouldn't be looking to date. No woman I'd be interested in would accept any less.

So I guess I'm picky.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women too picky