Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Plaingal
Msg: 22
view profile
History
How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?Page 1 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I'm not going to repeat so i'll just say that what mamaof1 has said is me also ..

We havent seen r heard from him for over 3 years now and she's better for it ...
 R_U_strong_enough
Msg: 28
view profile
History
How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?
Posted: 7/23/2006 11:07:18 AM
I am a single parent of a 7 yr old little boy who has CP (cerebral palsy) his dad was great...for the first six months or so....then he was gone...too much for him to deal with...so yeah...I do it alone....I had family help for a while...but everyone wants to 'cure' him....it's too much for everyone...even just to watch him for an evening, day, vacation? right.....the older he gets....the less acceptable his disability is...the less 'cute' it is to the rest of the world..so we're out there...family help and friends are the best thing to have...but your friends have to know that your kids come first...until the last couple years, I had no idea how many friends i thought i had....aren't really friends...but in the end...there is nothing better you can give your kids than yourself!
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/12/2006 5:43:33 PM
Help?? What's that?
 KCGUY
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2006 10:59:09 AM
Same here no help in the way of child support, but my x can not hold a job never could. So if I sued her for child support I would just cause myself trouble and court dates etc.Not worth it for 200 a month or whatever
 Norwegian
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/21/2006 11:09:23 AM
Very single here, too. But I do recieve child support. Our government pays a minimum of $200 a month if the dad is unable to pay or for other reason does not pay. That includes the ones that has no name of a father listed.
 lovinsomething
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/22/2006 10:03:01 PM
Right here! I actually prefer it that way... I can afford both of us to live in total comfort, I get to see all her firsts and not miss one, I can raise her and teach her good things that he can't because of his lifestyle (he would only corrupt her), and I have alot of good family and friends that step in and help if we really need it. But on the other hand I don't make him miss things, he knows how to do that on his own so two thumbs up to him for not getting in my way!!!!!
 sexyherpes4u
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/6/2006 11:55:31 AM
yeap..i know wat u mean..me and my ex were engaged and then when i was 4 months pregnant he upped and left, and now im struggling just getting child-support. so ive raised my daugter all alone since before she was born and now she 9 months old.....and there is never a day that goes by that i regret keeping her..i just think that its his loss that he's missing out on a child which has brought me so much joy..
 sexyherpes4u
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/6/2006 12:00:03 PM
goof for you, i left an abusive relationship as well...and it so good to hear that im not alone in this world, bc no one i talk to understands what a women goes through mentally and physically when ur beaten by the man that u love...and hes a dead beat father as well..hasn't seen his daughter..only once since she's been born and doesn't pay child-support and still loves to make my life a living hell....
 sexyherpes4u
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/6/2006 4:54:15 PM
im sorry that u went through that...and i always wonder the same thing..is just being single inevitable???
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/6/2006 5:32:11 PM
I have been raising kids , all alone for the past 10 years, that is how
old my oldest will be! No help from their dad, or anyone else!
 sexyherpes4u
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:07:26 PM
at least the fathers try to be dads even though they don't deserve medals or anything but at least they have that %10 of help..i would give anything for my ex to give a damn for my little gurl...he hasn't done anything for her..hasn't given one cent towards her and has seen her once since shes been born and that was for only an hour and he thinks that hes the best dad...i wish i could have that %10, i wish that she could have two loving parents..what im afraid of is when she's older and shes gonna ask why she doesn't have a daddy?? what im i to say..
 luvlilady5
Msg: 67
How many single parents have their kid or kids with no help?
Posted: 9/8/2006 11:28:30 AM
I'm almost in the same situation, I havent heard from my daughters father since I was 4 weeks pregnant and actually i'd rather not hear from him. He hasnt sent me a dime or anything for the baby at all, and matter of fact, I just heard the other day that he just had another baby with the girl he was cheating on me with like 2 weeks ago. I'm happy not hearing from him and wish I never had to again, But we go to court in November for paternity and child support. I'm blessed though because I live very close to my family and they have done nothing but support me since I found out I was pregnant and I think thats why i'm doing so well now. Keep on doing it yourself and forget about those deadbeat dads who arent worth a penny.
 Boltflight
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/8/2006 12:30:57 PM
I get no help in any way from his mom.I been doing it on my own for 7 years now.
 Tweetsu
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/11/2006 6:56:12 PM
My kids are now 19 and 21 - never had help of any type from their dad - but we made it thru everything - and the kids graduated from high school, they've learned to work hard for themselves, stayed out of trouble, my daughter put herself thru college, my son is in the army and we live in a nice home - with lots of great friends and family.

Sometimes they ask about the guy, but it was his choice not to be involved or support us. So we made it and hopefully they will put me in a nice nursing home when the time comes

loyalheart5
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2006 6:38:44 AM
I have been a single mom of 5 kids for over four years now, without any help. and yes it's hard.
 partynugget33
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:28:57 PM
i have three 8,6,4. mom has been in and out of there life for the last 3 years. i get some money but the thing they are missing the most is there mom. she shows up once or twice a month and in there eyes she can do know wrong. she only lives 15 miles away and ive told her she could see them when ever. out of site out of mind i guess
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2006 8:04:44 PM
I have raised three daughters alone for over twelve years went through bra's boyfriends and everything in between wouldn't change it for the world best experience I have ever had love them unconditionally oldest just got marriedat twenty and will have her B.S. in two quarters. my 16 year old is a top notch athlete and A student and my 9 yr old just loves being 9 lolI applaud all single parents for the extreme sacrifices that are so rewarding we don't even know were sacrificing hahaha good luck to all
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/28/2006 5:16:36 PM
how about we just strip the genders and just bash the ***holes?? ((<---***holes are genderless as we all have holes in our ass))

*grins
(eats a shortbread) happy 2007
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:05:29 AM

The only question I have is ," Why do some people thing that Custodial dads must have a women in their lives for them to raise their children?"

i would assume because many do this .. my ex is one of them(non-custodial though), after i left him he had a woman in the house within 6 days .. they fight all the time yet he wont let her go because he needs help when he has our boys every other weekend... roughly 96 hrs a month and he needs a woman to help out

i think for custodial men it is exactly the same for custodial women.. we go thru good and bad days in learning how to be a parent to our children the best way we can, we may have a support system and yet we may not.. either way its the same battle
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 10:13:39 PM
I live with my 12 year old Daughter. Her Mother is supposed to see her twice a month, on weekends. Unless I ring her and take our daughter to her place it just dosen't happen. The result? Our girl deleted every photo depicting her mother from her graduation pics. We get no help, and her mother will not answer emails, and turns off her phone if we ring her. Basicaly the only chance our daughter gets to communicate is when her Mother is on Messenger, and now she has been showing herself as being offline.
It is little wonder that Ashley is hesitant about her feelings for her Mother.
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:22:06 PM
I ama single mom to 3 kids. I've been on my own for nearly 6 years now with no child support or contact from my ex husband. I don't bother trying to bash my ex, he is what he is, and I know I am doing what is best for my kids. As far as single parenthood goes it could be worse. I have been able to stay home 75% of the time with them, and homeschool, taking them to work with me in the afternoons. We have our difficulties but even married couples can experience those. I think there comes a time when you decide to stop wasting energy worrying about or griping about the absent parent and instead focus your energy on what really matters, your kid(s) and making your life the best life possible whether you have help or not.
 YankeesGirl13
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:23:49 PM
I am a single mom and get no help. My daughter has never seen her father, nor had she ever heard from him. It is better off now! I have my family and friends that love and support her and I. If her father ever did come into her life now, it would ruin her! I am the only parent she knows and until I find someone that loves me for me and her for her, then I will be the only parent. I have no problem supporting her and loving her on my own! SOmetimes, it is better that way too! No headaches or stress dealing with someone. Yes, it gets lonely too! But take the good with the not so good and it all works out! Single parents are strong, responsible, and loving!
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 3:58:18 PM
I am a full time parent of a 13 year old girl. Her mother has not contacted her since she left and although she is required by the Child Support Agency, to pay a minimal ammount towards the support of our daghter, has not offered any assistance. Whether or not I would accept assistance financialy is not the point. It's the fact that she has not offered.

My daughter has visited her mother twice since she left, one visit being a sleepover. When her mother told her that she missed having her around, my daughter's response was, "Right mum, that's why you ignore me when I'm here and never phone me to see how I am".

Now when I suggest that she visit her mum, she flatly refuses. Her mother denigrates me, to her face, criticizes her hair, clothes, friends and refuses every attempt to contact on messenger. The child is angry with her mother because she left us. She left a non violent, drug and alchohol free home because, as she put it, she was bored.
 tmbmx
Msg: 167
Posted: 2/11/2007 10:17:25 PM
I have court ordered child support. Of course she has never paid any in 3 years. it is only hurting her kids but she does not care. She see them when it fits into her schedule. and my youngest alway has a bad atitude when he gets home. You are not alone just do the best you can with what you have and pray it is enough.
 Nienna Telrunya
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:02:48 PM
Im a single mum and have had absolutely no help from my sons dad. He doesnt want to know. But thats fine by me as i get to raise him the way i want to without his dad getting nasty.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?