Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eccentric
Msg: 9
VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I agree with late...that is if I understand him correctly.

I don't like to classify music into styles or even genres, because nearly every musician is a composition of several, and to me its all music. It drives me to succeed, it brings me to my knees in sadness, it gently rocks me into a blissfull slumber.

To understand music is to understand the secrets of life.
 Fid Copya
Msg: 28
VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???
Posted: 3/5/2005 8:32:22 AM
groove - not being able to keep time.

"groove" - proof that Heisenberg's uncertainty principle is invalid in art.

Seriously man, wtf is that supposed to mean? Rhetorical - don't answer please.

It's stuff like this that makes me glad that I only love music and have no special education or talent in that area.
 Wylde
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:31:43 PM
Micheal Jackson rocks he's white...but not a viking....YET! I mean the guy thinks he's frikkin Peter Pan. He'll be a viking next...I know it!

Wait...where am i?
 Thatguy67
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 4:59:43 PM

Horned salutes to all true metal warriors !!! HAIL

Zoso2011
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 8:02:25 PM
I must be lost because the band that pioneered the term 'Viking Metal' is a band by the name of BATHORY. Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Judas Priest are NOT 'Viking Metal'. Personally, I am not a fan of R&B or funk or anything like that, so I guess I have no groove, sorry, but to each their own. If I'm on the couch cuddling with a woman, then fine, i'll listen to some R&B so I won't be so white. I also listen to stuff like Wilson Pickett, Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson etc...so I must be getting blacker. But I also listen to country music too. May as well call me a redneck now. However, I will not ever be fully black because I do not listen to RAP. Of course, that isn't really music, is it? So, do I have groove or am I a lost cause?
 MusicianMan86
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 1:37:52 PM
Okay, as a fellow musician myself I honestly don't understand how you can list Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Blink 182 as Viking Metal. Viking metal to me would be bands such as Amon Amarth, Finntroll(maybe), and others that I'm too lazy to list. I feel like you are stereotyping "white people." It sounds to me like you just don't like Viking Metal and therefore are biased. Sometimes white people are waaaaaaay too predjudice. Tell your Mommy to make you another bottle and grow the f*ck up dude.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 9:16:26 AM
Modern rock n roll comes from Blues men...

ACDC's "whole lot of Rosie" or "She's got the jack", isnt foriegn to some old blues guy...

Some freaking battle hymm, hows that gonna score you some puszy...

hard drinking and freaking loose women. sex drugs and rock n roll.

If you want to invade your neighbors country, dont call it rock n roll...call it Battle-jam

I dont need some critic to tell me that crap aint rock n roll...that shyte has nothing to do with rock n roll...not cuz of technic, cuz of content...its like those christian azhole playing god metal...hey azhole, makeup you own form of music.........

Opusvoid
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:54:04 PM
Some so-called 'white music' can have plenty of groove...listen to groove metal for crying out loud...I don't even think I've seen a band that was exclusively white in that genre lol. Stoner rock is the same thing :)
 GuitarPlayinDude87
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:13:22 AM
Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are definatly not viking metal, I seen a lot of people mentioned Amon Amarth, also not viking metal.

Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are part of NWOBHM which stands for The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal.

Amon Amarth are a viking themed melodic death metal band.

viking metal = Finntroll, Enslaved, older Bathory.

I love metal, I like some Enslaved and Bathory but Finntroll is a bit too much for me.
 magica1965
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2009 1:54:20 PM
iron maiden has or ever will suck..they are the best metal band on the planet..i saw maiden 3 times on the somewhere back in time tour in 2008-09 and they were mind blowing..ac/dc singer brian johnson cant hold a note to singer bruce****nson..just like ronnie james dio ..no one can overtake this vocal master..right now theres no bands on the planet that can hold up to a maiden show ..go see the mighty maiden and you will know that eddie rules with an iron fist...up the irons...
 jezdrummer
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 6:57:09 PM
that's not viking metal ..

if you think viking metal has no feel or emotion ..

haggard
korpiklaani

or maybe some power metal
nightwish
sonata arctica
hammerfall

this is a very opinion based post ... .. i can understand that there isn't the same "groove" factor in rock as there is in blues, jazz, and funk .. and i love those styles .. but nothing gets me going like a good rockin tune with double bass and soaring vocals ... everyone gets "moved" by different music i guess ... many people hear the latest rap song and get up and dance ... i have to hold back vomit ... other people (like me) put on a song (like judas priest or something of those lines) the singer hits an inhumanly high note and we go crazy .. while everyone else is holding their ears and going into convulsions
 RSwindol
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/6/2010 7:31:38 AM
I agree with you Guitarman. While I do like some punk, I happen to think that some music is far too extreme. But that goes for all genres IMHO. Some rock can be too "white" while some rap can be too "Gangstah" and some soul can be too "Gospel" and some classic rock can be too "Country".

Ah...country...speaking of white music.
 RSwindol
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:32:16 PM
Inkawgneegrow, yes, we realize that there is no such thing as White music and Black music. But just as it is ok for you use the term "gneegrow" in your name, I don't think it's too radical for a white person to refer to music that is primarily enjoyed by white people as "white" music.
 born into light
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/9/2010 12:18:08 PM
that's kind...... sucky you know that viking metal is original from europe don't exactly have to be white.. ^^ anyway latinos enjoy metal too XD all hail in xtremo and amon amarth XD
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???