Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Who Is going to be the next US President?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?Page 1 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I think and hope we're ready for a woman...
The men have screwed up long enough in my eyes

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Who Is going to be the next US President?
Posted: 7/22/2006 11:32:02 AM
Sure... We men are not as shallow as some may think LOL
 my shy uncle
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 12:30:14 PM
Papa BUSH thinks "JEB" should be a good candidate,lol.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 12:35:45 PM
Barak Obama's Mom is white and his Father is black so why do we insist on calling him anything but a man??? That is one reason why we still have a divided America...
Too many name tags "SIGH"

Have a nice day
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 1:16:39 PM
Simply a senator from Ill...
No harm done I did not mean to or intend to cause you grief over your choice of words...
SORRY...
 canyunflyer
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2006 10:55:15 AM
Well, just thei other day, I heard Chris Mathews (firing line) who is generally very vocal, critical, loud and left leaning.... state loudly and clearly ... Guillani will be the next president. I just may have to agree with him.

Hillary, tho obviously popular with hard core leftests, will not make it in the end...(thank god!) Rice.... who knows? McCain... too wishy washy. Gore.... OMG! Dean....LOL!!! Barok Obama.... very articulate, very slick, very ethnically correct.... Nah... , The Mass. gov. , can't remember his name right now.... a very real candidate. (the former olympics head, hope I got it right about mass.?)

Guiliani, with all his past history, just comes out as the strongest candidate now. And, after 8 years of lover Bill, don't you libs even think of bringing up Rudy's past indescretions!! sheesh. Youv'e allready make it loud and clear that....'that kind of stuff doesn't matter'. Lets be consistent. yuk yuk!
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2006 11:27:11 AM
Don't let any poll sway your way of thinking one way or the other bro or we all loose...

Have a nice day
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/23/2006 11:28:17 AM
I think either Giulliani or McCain would make fine Presidents. I may disagree with them politically, but I think a moderate Republican would be the best thing for the US. The Republican party has been taken over by such a radical group that has imposed party discipline that only a Republican could hope to bring some measure of civility to the system. It's such a shame. The lack of party discipline has always been the truly great thing about the American system. A Congressman or Senator could break from his party's position without real consequence; unfortunately Newt Gingrich changed that. The Democratic party hasn't responded in kind yet, but it's only a matter of time.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:57:52 PM
I am 49 and have voted in every presidental election that has taken place since I was old enough to vote. Sometimes the person I voted for won, sometimes they didn't. I will never vote in another. I simply do not trust a system that would allow someone like George W. Bush to be elected not only once but twice.

I also think that we need to understand what the president is. A president is hired to run the country and that makes the president an employee of those that elected them. When this employee fails to do what they were hired for(in other words if the majority of the people in this nation do not agree with how the president is doing their job), it is time to fire said employee and hire another.

We desperately need such a system.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:06:19 AM
These forums are proving to be an unexpected source of incredible insight into the workings of the Reactionary, hysterical, emotion-based liberal mind. And, to be fair.... the counterpart of the more hard core conservatives too. I wish to give everyone a big thanks, and congratulations.

I like to take a few steps back and get a biggerperspective at the way people have a tendency to think and carry on. Its quite fascinating. Its nothing new under the sun. The common folk have always gotten a sense of empowerment by making charicatures out of the successful, the famous, the powerful, the influential and the leaders. Its fun and satisfying in a childish way to do this. It makes us seem less powerless and mediocre. This 'art' has been taken to even new heights with george bush. Its so far off the charts... its beyond description.

There is a very successful entrapeneur in the small town I live in. He probably owns a good portion of the bldngs and homes.... builds all the new business anymore... is single-handedly cleaning up the old junkyards and messes that have been eyesores for 50 years. Yet... if you enter into a discussion with one of the citizens and the talk should turn to him, it is not uncommon for the person to have nothing good to say about this man! And, this citizen has never met him.... never had a personal experience with him...Nothing!! Theres just something about attacking and taking cheap shots at the successful that is inherent in the mediocre, I guess. Most of what I see and hear concerning the Bushs is pretty much the same thing. Nonesense! very childish, gratuitous, self-serving, self agrandizing, self inflating, sophmoric .... and in most cases, unintelligent very cheap shots.

One of the things that makes bush a great man (yes he's flawed and makes mistakes too) is that he can laugh all this off and continue to LEAD. And... I have no doubt, he sleeps well at night. Whoever the next pres is..... republican or democrat.... nothing will change. But arn't we having a lot of fun though! hee hee
 bob0colo
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:23:04 PM
And Whitewater, they (her husband and friends..) stole that money from the Feds to the Savings and loans, we all know it....and Susan McDougal DID TIME for Bill Clinton!

Ken Star spent $60 million dollars of our money.....we got a BJ....

If you know Something.... you have a duty to call Ken Star.....

Mc Dougal when to jail because whe would not agree to a Lie...for a deal....

Funny.....Lie......

SO we dont all know it...sorry....
Was Ken Star to easy on Bubba???

Clinton killed some kids, Foster and was a king pin Drug runner.....

We all know that???
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/30/2006 3:48:57 PM
^^^I love this guy. He represents such a bald, unvarnished version of the typical Bush supporter. I know lots of people support Republicans who are smart and thoughtful, but I really want guys like this to speak up. The trick to winning an argument is defining the terms - this guy makes it too easy.
 bob0colo
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 9:04:28 PM
Al Franken...he's a shoe in.....

He has made a deal to have Bill "Bubba" for his running mate.....

He will resign......

Pres Bill Clinton
 bob0colo
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2006 9:12:16 AM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Vice President must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, at least thirty-five years of age and a resident of the U.S. for 14 years. The Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution requires vice presidents to meet the same requirements as presidents, and the 22nd amendment limits presidents to being elected to only two terms.

It is, however, debated whether a former two-term president could be elected Vice President since the 22nd amendment doesn’t limit a president to serving two terms; it only prevents him from being elected to more than two consecutive terms. According to one interpretation a two term president could be elected to the vice-presidency and then serve another term in the presidency if the elected president died or was removed from office. The 22nd amendment only forbids election to, not service in, the presidency more than twice. In such a circumstance the two-term president turned vice president would still be elected to the presidency twice.

msquared
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2006 10:08:49 PM

It is, however, debated whether a former two-term president could be elected Vice President since the 22nd amendment doesn’t limit a president to serving two terms; it only prevents him from being elected to more than two consecutive terms.

So in 2008, does this mean the Republicans can admit that George Bush wasn't actually elected in 2000, and is running for president again?

The sad part is, I'm only partly joking.
 msquared
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:01:10 AM

Really, to be actually be serious, if something like that actually happened, there would be wide scale marches that would turn ugly, and nothing but the ghost of MLK Jr or Gandhi would stop the violence. Something that egregiously cynical and manipulative and pushed by the arrogant selfrighteous neocon whores and their stupid stooges would really be the straw that would break a million camels' backs.

I hope you're right, but after the non-reaction to the controversial things in the last two elections, I am beginning to wonder.
 bob0colo
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:20:02 AM
So in 2008, does this mean the Republicans can admit that George Bush wasn't actually elected in 2000, and is running for president again?

SO what do you think the VP debate would be like????

Clinton and Geo....

How big a box would he have on his back at that one.........

Costume?????

maybe one of those horse suits ...Karl Rove in the back

HA>>>>>

bob0colo
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:39:30 AM

You coooool.....I did not even think that...

You know where i am at...

we could call it where's george???? wheres waldo??

what did you say about no show????????? ha ha ...

NSA... didnt like it...are they at your door...
put caulk in your pocket so you know how long your in the Gulag...
hard part they leave the light on 24 7...count..... it will keep you mentally sharp...base 2....
I think they got MG have not seen a post in a few....
open border, you know

I tried to post a national guard article and was called redundent...so there are 3 articles in on poet that are really meatie

horse a$$ great...the brain trust..... sh!t out

bob0colo
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 9:54:40 PM
Slick the liar willie did a lil welfare reform...but in general...just a massive re-wording of the same ol tune. Tax increase to not pay for the war...but for the cuts YOU and I got...re-think this one..

How about a balanced budget and not robbing social security...Currently $350 billion on top of the deficit spending......

you better bend over it is not going to matter whos in..we are going to pay for a broken military and tax cuts for the top 5%...

ie. estate tax is going to cost $750 billion..more negitive...thats the social welfare you team likes....Paris Hilton..Waltons
 msquared
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2006 10:14:15 AM

What would America look like today if Senator McCain had won the Republican nomination in 2000 and the White House in 01 ?

A lot better, I'd guess. Based on what I know of McCain, he seems like he would make a good and honourable president.
 bob0colo
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 5:38:46 PM
i guess it takes an idiot to spot an idiot. yes if the shoe fits wear it..just what in the hell do you know about our country. hilary will get dropped to her knees just like she did on her wedding night.

Mrs Clinton kicked Neo Hero Rummies a$$ ...I think she has more stuff than you realize. Maybe you should learn a little about her. Google might give you some back ground.
 bob0colo
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2006 3:32:00 PM
I'd love to see the Russ Feingold/Richard J. Durbin ticket in the next race.

Big problem.......

they both have principles, integrity and courage. Not a chance.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 176
Posted: 8/5/2006 3:40:17 PM
As an outsider I'm seeing a measure of outrage I've never seen before. So I'm not so sure a Fiengold ticket is out of the question. Hillary Clinton has been courting the right so much that she may have positioned herself out of the race.
Whoever wins the next election will do it by campaigning against Bush, as we are seeing even Republican candidates doing in close races during the midterms. There are Republicans like McCain that can run against the current administration, but if they nominate another Bush it'll be a landslide.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:06:43 PM
Frankly ever since 1960 the most telegenic candidate has won every election. Nixon was bad on TV, but both Humphrey and McGovern were worse. Dukakis lost when he was standing beside Bush Sr. and had to look up to his neck. Republicans should run Bruce Willis; Democrats should run Tom Hanks.
 bob0colo
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:34:59 PM
The country simply isn't ready for strong presidential candidates. We're too caught up with who's wife looks better and who's better dressed! Oh the disgust!

Not whos wife has better legs....or.... Husband has better hair...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Half a billion dollars will be spent.............

What does the President make a year, add the Vice to it

"Oh the disgust!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>from a very bad TV show

rev dude that was a good show....

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Who Is going to be the next US President?