Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > bisexual females & monogamous relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Queen_Mab
Msg: 9
bisexual females & monogamous relationshipsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I am quite openly bisexual but am solidly monogamous when in a committed relationship, doesn't matter if I am with a man or a woman. I find it rather silly/frustrating that simply because I have had sex with and truly loved people of both genders that many people wonder if I am able to stay faithful in a relationship, it's a given that I do. If you are in a hetero relationship and see someone of the opposite sex that you find attractive does that automatically mean you are going to stray?? Hopefully not. It is the same with bisexuals, or it is for me anyway. My attraction to men and women is not just on a physical level, it's also on an emotional level and if I am having sex with someone that is the only person I am having sex with, I am emotionally attached to them and need to look no further to have any of my needs fulfilled.
 clitoralsprings
Msg: 15
bisexual females & monogamous relationships
Posted: 10/12/2006 7:58:10 AM
well i got to add i have been happily married to a man for 10 years and i am very bisexual and he loves it he understands that when i need a release i take him with me pick who i want then allow him a taste to u can very well carry on a long and fruitful monogamous relationship as well as have ur fun it is like having ur CAKE and eating it 2 lol ciao
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/12/2006 9:43:20 AM

truely bisexual

I think you have the wrong idea about bisexuals. Bisexual is someone who is attracted to both sexes, and may fall anywhere between pure heterosexuality and homosexuality. Equal attraction is never a requirement. Bisexuality doesn't automatically mean that someone is looking for a relationship with both a man and a woman, but it's safe to assume that a relationship is possible with either of the sexes.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:56:13 AM
My take on this is that if a woman is truly bi-sexual, that would mean she prefers intimacy with both genders. Unfortunately, we are innundated with monogamy and many people go through life without truly fulfilling their own needs, wants, desires because society is of the impression (as a whole) that people should be monogamous. According to the posts here, it is apparent that some bi-sexual women are fine within the confines of a heterosexual-monogamous relationship ~ at least for the duration of that relationship. I do wonder, however, if those heterosexual-monogamous relationships end because someone isn't truly satisfied. JMO
 diamondjoe101
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:20:11 PM
My personal opinion is that someone who claims to be "bisexual", is merely hiding the fact that they are incappable of making a decision, and should be avoided when it comes to relationships. She either likes girls or guys. I was involved in a situation back in highschool with two girls, one of which was bisexual. Not that I was an innocent victim in the matter, but her inability to make a decisive decision was a big part of the reason the three of of us each lost two very good freinds.
 longlocks
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/8/2008 8:32:31 AM
True bi-sexuals: their needs are far more complicated and harder to accomodate.
Most men want and need to feel the satisfaction and gratification of being able to please a women. They can be are afraid of a womens sexuality. Society has also put statistics and views out there for followers who need an answer. It takes a stronge, confident person to belive in thier sexuality and accept it reguardless of what others deam as normal. Bi-sexuals are often called confused, or hiding behind the truth, unfortunatly the ones that are truly confused or hideing, are ones that can not accept this reality. They seam to be uneducated, opinionated and simple minded people who shelter thier lives with easy to accomodate definitions of sexuality.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2011 11:37:32 PM
Oh for goodness SAKE! What is it with people assuming that bisexuality automatically = promiscuity/unfaithfulness?
Bisexuality just increases the number of people you COULD, POSSIBLY, be attracted to.
It just amounts to being able to be attracted to more than one "type" of person. Some guys I know could just as easily be attracted to the innocent Christian girl who goes to church every Sunday, as they could to the punk-type biker chick with a million tattoos and piercings who drinks, smokes and swears. Doesn't mean they'll automatically cheat/be promiscuous if they go out with one or the other - or any other "type" of girl.
 Walts
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/11/2011 3:21:10 PM

What exactly can a woman do sexually that a man can't to another woman?

The right penis is better than a strap-on dildo.

Number one, a female knows what a female's body is all about. Just as a man knows what a man's body is all about. No learning curve required with another person before entering the play area.

I know quite a few woman that do not require a "penis" or any such facsimile to achieve satisfication. Most men never come to understand this in their lifetimes.

And I honestly can't believe I just commented. Must be in one of those "moods".
 bollywood83
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2011 9:59:16 PM
I don't think she's saying that. I dated a bi guy and I understand what she meant.

The guy didn't see it as cheating/being a slut but instead saw it as "since he was bisexual,he could sleep with a male and a female at the same time".

I think that's what the slut comments mean.
 sarniacouple
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/30/2011 7:31:02 AM
perhapshaving a relationship with both at once may satisfy her needs....
 matchlight
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 5:21:31 PM
I've thought about this recently since one woman I've dated volunteered that she'd had sex with a woman a couple times, both one on one and in a threesome.

If she'd been someone I only wanted for an intense fling, I wouldn't have cared. In fact the possibility of getting her into something again would have turned me on. But I'd started to think of her as a keeper.

When she popped this information on me on the phone one night, I just listened and didn't say much about it. But right away I began to wish she hadn't told me, or at least not so soon.

She described enough about these encounters that I could fill in the blanks. They got stoned, they were tongue kissing, the clothes started coming off, she couldn't stay away from the girl's breasts, the girl's fingers and mouth were everywhere, each orgasm led to another, and so on. I was pretty sure she hadn't gone and casually told her mother about all this.

Once those images got into my head, the whole thing took on an "ick factor." She'd done it because she felt the urge, and it seemed so nasty and taboo. It didn't seem all that different than if she'd told me about the lewd things she used to do in secret with her brother--or her dog, for that matter.

It's not a matter of whether I had the right to react this way--the fact is, I did. And no matter what other sides of her I saw, I never could quite keep those images our of my mind when we were together. Maybe if I'd ever been involved in something similar, I could have understood and accepted it easier; but I hadn't, and I couldn't.

So for a hot fling, no problem--that probably would make the sex even more intense. But for something serious, no. Call me old-fashioned, but that's just the way I feel. And if I'd ever done anything homosexual, even once--let alone gotten off from it--I wouldn't be at all surprised if a woman held it against me.
 bottleguy
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/17/2011 7:02:56 AM
I know several bisexual women, most of whom prefer females, who married because they wanted children. Then again, most of the bisexuals I know were strippers . . .
 sexybi89
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/1/2012 11:02:51 PM
what you said about constantly craving intimacy with a woman is so right in some cases. its depends on the person. i love my husband but there are sometimes when i just have to seek out a night or 2 with just a woman but sometimes its me her and my husband.

in fact me and my husband are seperating because i cant stay away from being with other women.
 jmark4
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:07:07 AM
I know two openly bisexual women who are married to men and are completely happy and monogamous.

Think of it this way.. If you fell in love with the woman of your dreams and married her that wouldn't make you stop thinking other women are good looking and sexy.

It probably just depends on the person.

Whatever. I work in SF and grew up there and many friends are bi or homosexual. They switch partners like candy. Why do you think gays aren't whining about same sex marriage anymore. Because they've had as many divorces as marriages. Look at all the A list gays and bi's that are now divorced; some multiple times.

I do not know one bisexual woman; and I"ve known about 15 that got married; that are still together with their spouses. A couple even talked their husbands into 3 somes but they ended up dating the girls on the side! lol

I will not date a bi; even my bi friends tell me not to date a bi women. Bi women are as into women as they are into men. That doesnt' change. I'm not into that lifestyle at all and I dont want it in my romantic life.

I go by what is and not what might be but you have to find your own way. I'm sure there are some bi women that dont cheat; I dont know where but maybe they are out there.
 radi0static
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/2/2012 2:33:25 AM
Thank you! This is the truth.
 Gazzer92
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:18:27 AM
Personally i'd prefer not to date a bisexual woman long term. I prefer one on one hetero exclusive relationships, I know bisexuals are capable of being monogamous but it would always be in the back of your mind. And if she did want to get freaky with another woman theres always the chance of having a threesome, although a girl that wants threesomes is not a girl I would marry or commit too. Just my two cents. :D
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:35:40 AM
To each his/her own. I know couples where the lady is bi and enjoys the occasional ff romp and the gent is str8 and applauds his ladies extra curricular activities.

I know ladies who are strictly into ladies but not out and have no desire to be out because of their jobs. Been out with such ladies where I am the their wing man while they are out hunting. If they find someone - I know they are not into men - so no problem it they come with me and leave with a lady.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > bisexual females & monogamous relationships