Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 9
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hairPage 1 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Wow ~ I find myself on the opposite end of this. I had short hair most of my life until a year ago. I will never go back. It's just so much easier with it long. If I'm in a hurry ~ it's a knot or a pony. Otherwise, I let it dry naturally. Naturally curly and now almost to my waist ~ it would take an act of congress to get me to cut it. I wish I would have known this in high school......I probably have 5 years of my life spent messing with my short hair. BUT ~ I don't have it long for a man ... it's long for ME.
 NotTheAverageChick
Msg: 14
Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair
Posted: 7/24/2006 7:12:25 PM
I think very long, unstyled hair on an older woman is a little off-putting. But, I feel the same about men with long hair. There's nothing worse than seeing a head of long, luxurious hair only to have the person turn around and

1. Be a DUDE !!
2. Be a strikingly horrible looking woman

I understand a man's sentiment though....seems like every woman over 45 gets that "Shaved in the back, fluffy in the front" hairstyle like it's mandatory or something! I'm for individuality and all that but there are plenty of easy-to-manage hairstyles for every length of hair. I really think women use the hair-thing as an excuse not to manage themselves. It takes 4 minutes a day for me to put on a full-face of makeup (and I wear EVERYTHING). It takes 6 hours every 6 weeks to get my hair done. But, it's worth it to me!

P.S. And before the flamers get their torches going, NO, I don't have kids, but I'm an infant foster mother, I work fulltime, for years I went to college full-time, am a member of Amnesty International, my house is clean and I still found time to watch the Sopranos!

Femi-Nazi with a full face of makeup forEVER!!
Natalie!
 Runs With Squirrels
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2006 8:27:10 PM
Ok, my hair barely reaches my bra strap in back, so it's long, but it's not THAT long. But it's really thick, which means it takes several hours to completely air-dry, or 45 minutes to blow-dry. Now I had short hair and it wasn't for me. But standing in a hot, humid bathroom on a summer morning, trying to blow your hair dry (because you can't go to work with it wet), trying to keep from sweating to death from the blowdryer's hot air . . . well, it's not for the faint of heart. And long hair isn't something I would have if *I* didn't like it - doesn't have anything to do with what *he* likes. (And thank God for bobby pins and hair clips on those summer mornings!! LOL)
 Dehm
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2006 9:18:20 PM
As I read this thread I had to giggle. All these women saying how hard it is to take care of long hair...my hair is to my knees and I've got a repertoire of about 6 different styles I can whip my hair into, besides "down". Takes a few minutes to wash it, let it air dry, or put it up. Sometimes I'll put it in lots of braids, leave them in overnight and take them out the next day w/o brushing, I love it like that. I tend to get a lot of people commenting on my hair, regardless of sex or age. And I've had some pretty funny experiences with it too "scuze me sir, you're sitting on my hair"

As far as men, the ones I've had in my life have liked it. I love having someone else brush it, but men are clueless about brushing, its taken me 15 minutes to get the brush detached from my head when some dork has kept brushing when its gotten stuck!

When I was 28 and pregnant everyone told me to cut it off cause I'd end up suffocating my baby (dragging on her face) (stupid people). It actually grew like crazy while I was pregnant - course it fell out like crazy after she was born too(knitted a blanket out of it lol).

I'm Native, but that isn't why my hair is long, I'm kind of the "anomaly stereotype" of a native woman - everyone else in my family has short hair above the shoulders. My hair is this long "because"...

Cheers

Debbie
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/25/2006 5:07:37 PM
my bf said if i ever cut my hair hed take me out to get me wig.....

my hair is almost down to my hips and its corkscew curly...like curly fries lol...ppl are so envious i love it..all it takes is a few shakes with my fingers and bam holy ringlets!!!!

i had short hair through most of my teens it wasnt until i got into a car accident...lost a huge hunk of hair and had to grow it out.It got down to my chin and then shoulders i loved how it looked...and kept it going. Now 10 yrs later...my hair is down to my waist when its wet..buuutttt only dissadvantage is its very heavy...
 GhostDancer
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/25/2006 6:49:25 PM
My hair is pretty well to my waist; it's taken me a long time to grow it out and I wouldn't cut it now for love or money. I was actually surprised at how many men like long hair, I didn't really think it made much difference.
 Tuetipp
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:46:02 PM
I cant speak for most women, Bikerboy, but I believe long hair is intrinsic to certain personalities. there are women that just cant deal with the time it takes to keep long hair shiney and beautiful. much faster and easier to have a short easy hairdo. I grew up with long hair, down to my knees at one time, and even I found it easier to take care of once I cut it up to my butt, lol. And yes, I would agree, I think most men are attracted to long silky hair...
 sparticuss
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/26/2006 1:21:45 AM
You pointed out the real reasons yourself.

Smart, good character and physical chemistry, are far more important to a relationship.

Even for a quick roll around the sack the most important thing is a horny babe who enjoys a good roll around the sack.

Physical characteristics do count but only as a sideline and than as an overall package. Face, figure, makeup, lingerine, etc. Long hair is a sideline, on a sideline, on a sideline.

I do know that if long hair was some magic key to handsome princes then all the girls would have it.
Same as if flashy cars were some key to the best babes then all the guys would drive em.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2006 6:32:56 AM
When I take my hair out of the braid, it nearly reaches the back of my knees. I have to concur with what many have already said. Long hair is a lot of work. It takes me about 30 minutes just to brush it out every morning and re-braid it. If I take it out of the braid, it gets everywhere and I find myself getting tangled in it. As for washing it, that's an all weekend project. That being said, people have asked me if I plan to cut my hair anytime soon, and I have to say "no, I love my hair".
 greeneyedblonde and CSI
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/28/2006 7:15:16 AM
I have long hair..past my shoulders by about 3 inches..and the longer it is the more work it needs...but I love it..and am going to wear it long for as long as I can..

GEB
 1_smart_cookie
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/29/2006 10:04:11 AM
I've had every hair length and hair style. I've gone from waist length up to a boy's crew cut and all the way back down to my now current thigh length hair. It's all in what you are used to, and how much you "feel" you have to do to be ready to go out.

Short hair or long, I can get my teeth brushed, makeup on, hair fixed and be out the door in 5 minutes. However, years ago, that wasn't the case. (It used to take me hours to "get my face on" and my hair just so.) I finally decided that life was too short to spend all that time primping in a mirror and missing all the fun there was to be had outside. It sure made my boyfriends happier, too.
 TomDooley69
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 3:42:55 PM
I much prefer long hair, the longer the better actually but I wouldn't want to make someone I date have long hair against her will. No need to cause I'm sure there's enough for all of us out there... Peace!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/2/2006 7:33:47 PM
Well... I have LONG HAIR... my face looks much younger than I am.. I act younger than I am and the only thing that really gives me away is the GRAY in my hair but I refuse to color it.

I think that myth about women needing to cut their hair after a certain age is BS!!! My hair is long.. it will stay long. Maybe when I get older (I'm almost 48) I'll just try a new style, like pig tails or something like that!!!
 cotter
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 9:23:05 PM
I had hair almost down to my waist ... then I cut several inches off just to get it evened out and get all the crappy split ends out. I have naturally wavy hair and the humid air of Hawaii was wonderful. But it dried a lot shorter than when it was wet.

Now that I live in Arizona with such dry heat ... I only see my waves when I first wash it. I can still crunch it up and let it dry, but once I run a brush through it a few times ... it straightens out.

I've often been asked if I have a perm. I just laugh and say ... oh it's permanent all right.

I love my long hair. It grows fast and as a result, I have had long hair and gotten it totally cut off and just started over again. I have two 12 inch pony tails of my hair stashed somewhere. I also have long ponytails of my 3 daughters' hair as well.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:03:30 PM
Goddess... you are SO correct... the girly thing.. no way.. I can braid my hair, pull it back in a bun, put it in a pony tail or just in a clip. When I wash my hair, I don't have to "style" it with the blow dryer and IF I happen to go out in public with it wet.. then people are much more understanding about it not drying.... I'll keep my long hair...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:50:15 PM
I always am considerate of my partners desires of me. I will try to please him as long as it's not changing myself in ways that would make me not be who I really am. Also, I have NEVER been with a man who wanted my hair short.. ever... That however would not matter because me having long hair is ME. I've always had long hair and that is something people relate to me.

When I'm with someone, and we're going out.. I will ask him if he would like me to pull my hair back.. put it up.. or just leave it normal. I will also ask if there is anything in particular he would like me to wear... any (I give him a choice of 2) perfume he'd like me to wear.. etc. I am very in tune with pleasing my partner TO A POINT!!! But that is something I enjoy doing is making him happy... but not if it involves making myself unhappy, because TRUST ME.. If I'm unhappy.. he'll be unhappy!!!
 texasbaby
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2006 9:21:18 PM
I'm a woman much older than many of the previous posters and I have very long hair. It is very thick, wavy and the color is natural,,, I have no intention of cutting it! It's not about pleasing a man in my life,,, there isn't one. I wear it like this because I choose to,,, it's all about me me me. ;)
I wear my hair up in a knot, held in place with a chopstick, or a single braid, but usually it's pulled back away from my face with a big clip and hanging loose.
It now reaches past my butt,,, do most men find it feminine and sexy? My guess is yes.. a woman notices being noticed.
But, if it's not your thing,,, cool,,, hairdressers have to make a living and they'd starve waiting on me to show up.
Just my 2 cents worth,,,,,

texasbaby
 carebear4
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 9:30:33 AM
Hi bikerboyz60
I for one wear my hair short just because it looks much better short then long ,I am very dainty so therefore long hair makes my face thinner looking.Actually when I read your profile I thought you sounded like a nice guy but chose not to email you because of the statement you had made about the long hair and figured you would most likley not be interested because my hair is short.And I agree with you most men prefer long hair to short hair,which is really to bad for us ladies that just don,t look good in long hair.But as far as sexy goes I believe I am just as sexy as the next long hair or not.I am fun to be around and have lots of character.Take Care from carebear4 and I say keep looking till you find exactly what it is your looking for because we all deserve to be happy and longterm is a long time if your not happy.and good luck.
 Poet102781
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:04:29 AM
I dont know about anybody elese...but Natalie Portman is beautiful with a buzz cut..
 womanlyspice
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/24/2006 4:36:18 AM
I have long blond wavy hair and love it I dont think I could get it cut short for anyone, there are so many ways you can wear long hair, it looks nice and feminine to I think...
 cynplicity
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/24/2006 7:32:13 AM
I have long hair, I find that men love it and always say that I shouldnt cut it. I am not sure why when women hit 40 its almost an automatic trip to chop it off ! Long hair is versatile, makes me feel feminine and...... i like it. Now, if it were ugly old gray witch hair, that is a different story!
 email
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/24/2006 10:12:54 AM
WOW your hair is wild!!! sexie!!
crime to cut it lol
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/25/2006 7:40:07 PM
Main reason......... long hair doesn't suit alot of older women. It's something that's been drummed into our heads from birth.

Women over forty with long hair ? wrong.....just so wrong. Not sure why.

I love my long hair. I've had it long most of my life and I don't plan to ever cut it off short.

I recently lost 6 inches due to an incident.........hahahaha....and I hate it !!!!!

cotter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 12:34:03 AM
Wow ... nothing makes me feel more sexy than feeling my hair in the wind brush over my shoulders and down my back. Men just seem to get lost in it ... they play with it and previous partners have requested that I leave "free" when I'm with them. Otherwise, I would keep it tied back ... out of my face.

But I love to please them with it. Already gave too much information ... you don't get to find out how it pleases them!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/26/2006 1:15:23 AM
I love long hair on a woman. So beautiful and nice. But thats not the main draw (Physically speaking) , it is their smile and their eyes.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair