Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > East Indian and single dad - double whammy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RaevynLiadan
Msg: 2
view profile
History
East Indian and single dad - double whammy?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I checked out your profile and I have to say you need more on there.... don't write like a computer guy, write like someone having a conversation, tell more about yourself and what you WISH would happen on a first date. I look around here and too many (guys and gals) have the barest minimum on their profiles... makes me not want to go any further. As for you being Indian, I personally don't have any problem with it... but I know many people who won't go for the unknown... I mean such as culture... in a hispanic or black culture, there are so many traditions that "we" (mainstream americans) are familar with that we are able to feel comfortable easier and faster, so "we" tend to go where we know what is going to happen. As for kids... if a woman doesn't want to date you because you have kids... well, would you really want to date her anyway? I hope this is some help, feel free to write me if you would like...
Raevyn
 RaevynLiadan
Msg: 5
view profile
History
East Indian and single dad - double whammy?
Posted: 7/25/2006 5:33:22 PM
samhonolulu... your an ass. Single father w/ daughter... are YOU a good father? Where is YOUR ex? Dead? Left you? He didn't ask you to come here and critisize him or make judgements... just for some advise. Obviously your luck with women is bad too, since you are cruising the personals... Maybe you should step back and take a good look at yourself before you start in on the people around you...Seems to me you aren't much of a catch.

"To any woman - you appear a cut-throat who'll get them one day."

No, he seems like a guy... just a regular Joe, who like most men ( as many women will know) doesn't know how to come across, not a big deal... at least he was wise enough to ask.

"What are you doing reading Women's magazines for anyways? hints and direction?"

More men should read our mags, just as more women should read men's mags... might just give a few people some more insight.

"Westernized women are not going to go for the likes of you in my opinion..."

Westernized women often need to get a clue....and stop going for the "bad" boy... and really how much should your opinion matter?

Raevyn
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/11/2006 6:37:27 PM
SmartNiceNFunny

In my opinion, you are being narrow minded in who you are sending emails to.
Maybe you are going after the wrong type of women!
If she is much younger than you, well, yeah she probably won't reply.
If you are very picky, then yeah you won't get any responses either.
Are you fun to be with? Describe in your emails or profile, what situations
you would be fun, or make the most out of.
Are you strictly contacting women with a certain look? Then, you won't get any
replies!
In my opinion, you should email women who are mature enough to deal with
a man who has children as well as a career. Another thing that I think about here is; okay some people mention that they have a great paying job, right?, but this does not mean you wouldn't be cheap! Try a single mom!
Try to seek out those who like yoga or some of your other interests, but make
sure they are not under 30!
 DUstine
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:35:23 PM
There really is someone for everyone
keep posting in the forums and you will catch someone's eye
the pof get togethers are a great way to make new friends and meet
possible new mates also...
and to be truthful I think it is a double whammy as you put it
but someone out there is looking for just that "whammy" you have..
all the best!
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/13/2007 12:45:46 PM
You're screwed hon......hahaha. JUST KIDDING.

A guy I dated last year for 7 months was East Indian and a Single Father raising his 12 year old son alone.

This day and age, ethnic origin is becoming less and less of an issue.

Single father just means you'll have to find someone who likes kids and always, always put your child FIRST !!!

Good luck
 krisninatlanta
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:41:33 PM
i know this is an old thread but i came across it and i hope by now you have found true love... if not dont worry she will come. In my experience indian men are very affectionate, caring, and sensitive and to me a man raising his GIRLS ALONE is a exceptional man indeed. I dont have kids but that is very attractive especially as husband material is concerned. A good woman will see you as you are and your girls will be a plus...
 head.cloud123
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:14:46 PM

The same thing goes for purely racial (appearance) issues. I might have a preference for Middle Eastern/Hispanic/Indian looking men, but there are individuals of every race who just make your mouth water, and you’d be happy to go out and marry any of them.

If you're 5'4" and wear 2-3 inch heels a 5'8" guy will still be 1-2 inches taller than you.

You're just average height but are seeking a tall man.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:02:45 PM
Yes a head taller without heels. Which is about 5 inches.

If you add in 3 inch heels this is about 8 inches.

So the average woman would need a 6'0" man . Since only 25% of men are this height or above close to 50% of women will be competing for this percantage of man.

If you are 5'4" then 5'9" is acceptable for a man since both of you are average.

Women are the worst judges of height. most can't estimate height at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > East Indian and single dad - double whammy?