Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Men Love Bitches      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wild Heart
Msg: 21
Why Men Love BitchesPage 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I know lots of men who married so-called b*tches in their 20's. Now they are divorced - the women left them.

As for the book, never read it. Tend to stear clear of those types of books.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 1:53:53 PM
because they keep their ankles and other certain parts warm;

oh, I thought you said britches.....sorry....
 wurl
Msg: 44
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:27:50 PM
This is a hilarious thread.

Of course BITCES are usually above average attractive women. lol and fat women are Jolie!? hehehe Maybe biology really is destiny!

Look up the fair exchange theory which is a study that suggests that we all look for a fair exchange in beauty. A beautiful women has a lot of social power in this brave new world where we all know where we stand without any naivete. Decidedly unromantic, but the loss of such naive charm is the price we pay for the liberal culture we live in.

Just be carefull you don't just pretend to be particularly attractive and price yourself outside of the market.

For the men, .... beware the trophy wife type lady that is attracted to you only as a provider and/or mistakens her affection for you (which you bought) as attraction.

If he/she is not sexually attracted to you (chemistry) no self help book on how to have the attitude and confidance of beauty will change your appearance.
 sparticuss
Msg: 49
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/26/2006 1:13:50 AM
B.I.T.C.H. Babe In Total Control Of Herself... Great book....about being in control of your life and yourself
====================================

Very interesting.

Lets do a few comparisons

In control
- Me and a gf are going to a show tonight hun. Wanna come along?

Uncontroled
- I don't care if you were going to the big game tonight. I've booked seats for us at the fancy resturnat and jills bringing her new bf. You HAVE to be there or I can never face my friends again

In control
- Is there fuel in the tank and does this thing come with a repair manual

Uncontrolled
- Why doncha sell it an get a decent car
- Hurry up. We'll be late

In control
- If I have a boyfriend who doesn't really know the sensitive spots I just hop on top so I can manouver my sensitive spots over him.

Uncontrolled
- Men are hopeless lovers only ever thinking of themselves.
 dave1234
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/29/2006 7:41:31 AM
This looks like a really good thread but I have to finish cutting the front lawn so I'm leaving a post so that the thread will be on my thread list and I'm hot and tired but the Mrs. is home as it is Saturday so I have little choice so ............
 TheSunshineGirl
Msg: 70
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:53:47 AM
I checked this book out from the library a while ago.

It's probably the worst advice about dating I've ever read. This book basically says to play games and be manipulative and to assume all men are pretty much the same. And it violates the "Golden Rule", where people should treat others the way they want to be treated.

This book supports the high school mentality about dating. And I left high school a long time ago.
 dave1234
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/29/2006 3:26:57 PM
(Msg 100) For instance, when a man tells you he is interested in a long-term relationship he may just want sex with no strings attached........See, so some men play games and some women fall into the trap so easily. The book talks about those kinds of things and how women can stop the cycle.

I haven't read the book but it sounds like the woman is to assume the man is playing until she finds out differently and that takes time so the man, once again, is on the defensive. That is the problem with that type of book.

Hmm well it does say that jumping to bed straight away is not a good idea in general.

If straight away means the first date, I agree. If straight away means within the first six months, that's another thing. I feel there is period where lust/passion is running high. That time is to be used constructively. That is the time when major adjustments are more easily accepted due to the attraction to one another.

It's easy to see faults with another. Maybe love is blind for a reason?

(Msg 95) This book supports the high school mentality about dating. And I left high school a long time ago.

That brought back memories of my dating the 30s crowd. The 30-35 year old woman, married between 7 and 10 years, two kids, separated/divorced and expecting a line up of guys like in high school. Good grief!

Do people really need a book advising/encouraging them to be wary of the opposite sex? It seems that mentality comes naturally, at least on here.
 greeneyedblonde and CSI
Msg: 78
They are the equalevant of the bad boy.
Posted: 7/29/2006 4:27:19 PM
My name is Greeneyedblonde and I am a B I T C H ....

GEB
 HB2
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/29/2006 4:52:29 PM
because like bad girls we don't use one feather...
we use the whole chicken
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 6:26:28 PM
... and she wonders why I think she's tough!

Personally, I haven't read the book, but if it helps with self confidence and/or self respect, then I'm for it.

Is it a 'bad boy' equivalent? I don't know. Bad boys tend to need more of an ego fix, where this sounds more like gaining self control.

B I T C H es draw me,

... and if I'm lucky she'll pose for me when she's done!
 fish365
Msg: 83
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/31/2006 10:18:24 AM
Personaly speaking, it's not the trophy were after, thats a bonus. We are going hunting because thats what we want to do, test ourselves aginst the animal. Its not so easy to stalk and call a moose close enough to get a good clean kill. I bear hunt, and my weapon of choice is a bow! Not a crossbow! just a compound bow with 75 lbs. pull. Its what we men were doing in the dark ages and its carried over to todays form of hunting. Every man hunts, even if its not with a gun. They hunt for a better job or better housing for thier family. Chuck
 Fry Lock
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 8/2/2006 1:10:40 PM
that book was very useful to me; I used it to prop up my coffee table, when the leg broke...
 justme1202
Msg: 88
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 9/3/2006 4:43:45 PM
just cause some of us are opinionated dont mean were ****es.

but i say hooray to all ****es out there.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 91
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 9/4/2006 10:44:48 AM
I haven't read it....because chances are the person who wrote it followed me around for a while for research.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 9/4/2006 2:12:13 PM
Why? Can't get a good bird dog without one perhaps?
 sweetkala
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 3/14/2007 4:49:39 PM
I read the book and have to say that the popcorn meal is worth it! I am a great cook and as soon as I start cooking thats it, I never get to go out again as I am always doing the cooking. I used that suggestion and it worked and even burnt that popcorn!! Yet on a deeper level, its important to be yourself because then when you find true love it will be because they love who YOU ARE and not who they think you are.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 101
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 3/16/2007 10:47:38 AM
I haven't read the book, but it's probably like "The Rules" in the sense that the target audience is so far to the doormat extreme that only toughlove will bring them to the center (as opposed to making them instant "b1tches". Some people need certain boundaries to work with so that they don't throw out what they've read.

If you are already a balanced person who is self confident, you realize you don't need help messing up your life from someone else, and you are tough about things you don't want from a man as dealbreakers, the book might be a mild form of entertainment for you, but not necessarily needed. I'll have to check it out.
 ravageplay
Msg: 102
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 3/16/2007 10:48:47 PM
in my experience it's because a lot of men where abused by their mothers.
 OCkindguy
Msg: 109
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:30:08 AM
If you don't try too hard and don't give up your true self to be in a relationship
then ****es just roll off you like water....they also respect you more.
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 111
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:09:23 AM
ah ha....... a good book !
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 113
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/13/2007 11:17:09 AM
msg 154.. I bet some do.
 happyprincess
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/16/2007 6:08:41 PM
I have read it and have re-read it a couple of times. I know from the responses there have been some conclusions drawn, but to me basically the book is saying that men prefer self sufficient, independent, intelligent women they don't want to date their mother, a cling-on or a stalker. Its not saying be a "****" just saying looking after yourself first and demand the respect you deserve a great book for any woman to read!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:17:13 PM
Why Men Love ****es by Sherry Argov. I checked it out of the library, my daughter read more of it than I did. So can't really comment much, but it's not what you'd think it was by the title. She liked it.
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 119
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/17/2007 2:44:56 PM
msg160, I agree its a great book. I guess some people would still rather have someone be in control of them.
Not me.... and I will tell you, its wonderful to be a b.i.t.c.h.
 JDMETRO
Msg: 120
Why Men Love Bitches
Posted: 7/17/2007 3:06:41 PM
So - from reading the comments - some think the book helps a woman to not be controlled by a man and I find that quite a few men these days seem to think that women are always trying to control them.

Sounds like an impasse - hope it is not catching...

Joe
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Men Love Bitches