Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > When trust is gone, love is weakened or dead. Where there is fear, t      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jackie1954
Msg: 3
When trust is gone, love is weakened or dead. Where there is fear, there is no love. is it true?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
For me... when the trust is gone, it's OVER!
 lilgreenqueen
Msg: 5
When trust is gone, love is weakened or dead. Where there is fear, there is no love. is it true?
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:42:50 AM
i think if you cant trust someone you cant love them. you cant want them to the point of obbession but there will never be the contenment and comfort that comes of love.
 Carrie Bradshaw™
Msg: 13
view profile
History
When trust is gone, love is weakened or dead. Where there is fear, there is no love. is it true?
Posted: 10/3/2006 11:34:57 AM
Some say that trust is earned and others say that we should just trust until we do not have a reason to trust them. For me, I have trusted right away and also have had to have others earn my trust.

When someone breaks our trust it is just a hard thing to deal with. It is actually heartbreaking. It does not really matter if it was a small thing or a large thing, it just matters that they did something that broke our trust in them.

If someone breaks your trust, you have two options 1. You can walk away 2. You can work to forgive them. If you work to forgive them you have to expect that it will take time to forgive them and forget what they did. They also have to work and prove their trust to you. If they do not want to work for it, then they are not really sorry for what they have done.

If they are sorry and you think you can trust them again, I would give them another chance. Just realize that what they have done probably has hurt them too and even though they hurt you, they still have feelings and a heart. You can cry, yell and go on about what they have in the beginning but that does work if you really want to try and trust them again. There comes a day when you have to wake up and say, yes so and so did this to me but s/he is worth forgiving so I have to just get past this. You cannot let it haunt you.

I think that if someone breaks your trust, you can in time and with their help and support, feel how you did about them before and maybe even more.

~Carrie B.
 Commonsens
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/3/2006 5:08:17 PM
mmmmhhh!

The way I see it there is a basic trust that is granted right away, and then there is a deeper trust that is earned.

Basic trust: acquaintances, a work collegue or school partner for example, you believe in them to a certains extend, think that they are truthful on the surface etc etc You share your daily events, some "low level" up to 'medium level" information and if they break it, there is not much consequencense (typo..) and if trust is missued, you can forgive them after discutions, avoid them or setting them to another less secure level of trust (medium to low)

Deeper trust: reserved to close friends, lovers and family. all of whom you are, is shared with them as they have grown into your trust. The breaking of that trust is absolute and cannot be repaired, ever, as it is a violation, a trahison of your deeper self. In the best case scenario, some healing is done, but the trust level is lowered from "high" to "medium" ..even "low" levels.

So some is granted, some is earned..it depend on the level.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > When trust is gone, love is weakened or dead. Where there is fear, there is no love. is it true?