Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Who would you like to meet?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HORSELADY3
Msg: 1
Who would you like to meet?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If you could go back in time...or just someone from now. Who would you like to meet and why? Im kinda talkin musicians, actors/actresses, authors...you know....
 nvanguy
Msg: 2
Who would you like to meet?
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:38:28 AM
I'd love to meet John lennon. Just to gain some wisdom...
 OrzelBialy
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:39:06 AM
Three people come to mind... one is Jesus of course...
two would be that german smartypants who penned e=mc something or other...lol
and three... Lois Riel.... before he went batty... funny I have a friend who is related to him...cool eh?

Orzel
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:40:27 AM
I wish my parents had let me go see "The Beatles" ... I lived in Columbus, Ohio and they came to Cincinnati. It was the beginning of their career ... the "I Wanta Hold Your Hand" phase. My girlfriends were going and their parents were going with them ... the answer was still, "NO!"

I'd love to go to the "Craig Ferguson" show ... he's so funny. Still want to go see Neil Diamond sometime too ... wow that guy can sing.

I already know "The Lettermen" ... get together with them whenever they are in the area ... they're really nice guys.
 juffie
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:43:50 AM
Marilyn Monroe...to know if she really was that depressed.

Ghandi...should be obvious

Albert Einstien...because debating on the reality of the universe would be a trip!
 nvanguy
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:44:26 AM
^^^^ oh man what'd i'd give to see the bealtes live. heck i'd give up being 22 and settle for being 40 just so i could live and grow up in the era. the Height asbury life lol (am in san fran right now)
 justkurious2
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:37:02 AM
I'd go back to meet Bob Marley. I would love to watch the concert he did in Africa. He started a movement in that poor country,and gave alot of those people hope! That's the hope he gave them!
 tallsexycowgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/27/2006 2:22:27 AM
Virginia Satir... One amazing woman! I would have loved to have been able to have met her... I believe everyone could learn from her!!! She is who i strive to be!
 sassenach
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 5:13:48 AM
I would like to go back and talk with some of the people on the Titanic, for lots of different reasons......sigh.

Would also like to talk to my deceased Grandfather...I have many questions for him!!

I have already met a few of the people that I have wanted to, in the present...including my favourite author Diana Gabaldon, and my childhood sweetheart, Jack Wild (Artful Dodger in Oliver) I still want to meet Tanya Tucker and Stephen King...oh yeah.....
 Irishgirl74*2
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:26:17 AM
I have a list:

Alicia Keys
Ricky Martin (I don't care if he is gay or whatever, I think that he's gorgeous) bcboy, behave yourself

Sarah McLaughlin
Annie Lennox
Jack Johnson....

Yes they are all musicians and would love to perform with any/all of them...
 funlovingscorpio
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:18:06 AM
Angelina Jolie
Drew Barrymoore

Robin Williams...he makes me laugh

EDIT...kk ...SS....you stole my Robin Williams...lol...j/k

I totally forgot about Sylvia Brown....she would be # 1 for me....
 Sweet-Sunshine
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:20:46 AM
Patch Adams
Mother Teresa
Ghandi
Chief Dan George
Sylvia Browne

Robin Williams...........for the laughs and the depth!
 whodeletedme
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:28:32 AM
Jesus and Judas (in a room together)
Socrates
Lenin
Hitler
Albert Einstein
Agatha Christie
Pierre Burton
Trudeau
my maternal great uncles ( owned diamond mines in the Belgian Congo)
Beethoven

all quite the minds to delve into....love to hear their opinions and reasons FIRST HAND... no he said/she said.
 misseyes
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:35:31 AM
Chaucer
J.F. Kennedy
my great grandfather from Finland
 thumper*
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:41:20 AM
President Mandella
Princess Diana
Ghandi
mother Tereasa
Elvis
Oprah

Hey,SS, I knew Chief Dan George, he lived on the reserve next to us growing up in Deep Cove...I went to school with his grandsons....
 drpepper13
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:59:43 AM
Frank......I could use some of his skills in teaching these days.......
 rain_city
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/27/2006 9:15:46 AM
Off the top of my head;
Leonardo da Vinci
Bob Dylan
Robbin Williams
Galileo
Trudeau
Gerry Garcia
the next 'love of my life' ;-)

To whodeleted me: I met Pierre Burton. Smoked a joint with him.
To cotter: I saw the Beatles in concert durning the 'I wanna hold you hand' phase.
 ohdriver
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/27/2006 9:46:46 AM
Leonard Cohen
Johnny Cash
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Aldous Huxley
Margaret Mead
Billie Holliday
Jimmy Carter
Suu Kyi
Nina Simone
 MiddleTeacher4u
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/27/2006 10:07:51 AM
Robin Williams
Elvis
my future great grand children
 Draxx
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/27/2006 10:29:02 AM

If you could go back in time...or just someone from now. Who would you like to meet and why?

Adam.....tell him to lay off the fruit.
 MikelnoAngelo
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/27/2006 11:23:06 AM

If you could go back in time...or just someone from now. Who would you like to meet and why?

I have a question. Do we get a universal translator? Most of these people don't speak english, and the ones from the past don't speak any modern languages.

But, if I could have a chat with anyone (and actually understand them), the people on that list would have to be.........

Leonardo DaVinci
Socrates
Dr. Skinner
Emily Carr
Steve Jobs
Ramses II

And the list goes on.........
 halokitty
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/27/2006 5:01:22 PM
I always love how ppl say "so and so" to get some wisdom, or "so and so to get some insight"

wouldn't it be hilarious if you went back and these people turned out to want to talk of nothing of their gift? Like, if you went back to meet Mozart and all he wanted to talk about was the size of the wig on the woman in the front row (wig.. hah)

Or Beethoven and all he wanted to talk about was how intrusive it is when a bunch of horse-drawn carriages go thundering by as he's trying to practise his piano.

Me, I'd go back to see Hatshepsut and watch how she schemed to murder her brother Thothmes to get the thrown.
Then I'd probably go see just how Cleopatra got into the darn carpet and past the guards without them noticing the huge mishapen lump in the middle.

Screw the "wisdom".. you can get the same kind of wisdom that John Lennon would give if you sit next to a homeless crazy guy. LMAO. He'd probably be saying the same thing.
 Brahmaboy75
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/27/2006 5:45:36 PM
Ghandi
Deepack Chopra
Wayne Dyer
David Hawkins (if you don't know him read his book "Power vs Force" one of the few books ever indorsed by Mother Theresa)
and of course
Sweet Sunshine
 SensualDessert
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/27/2006 5:56:41 PM
I would have to say Jesse James (Not the Jesse James today but the bank-train robber)...I found out my roots come from there, with one of my ancestors riding with them for a bit.
And Belle Star or Annie Oakley....And of course I would like to have met the real Wyatt Earp. Maybe even Billy the Kid.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:31:39 PM

^^^^ oh man what'd i'd give to see the bealtes live. heck i'd give up being 22 and settle for being 40 just so i could live and grow up in the era. the Height asbury life lol (am in san fran right now)

LOL..40 is too young to have experienced any of that....I am too young for the Beatles (they split in 1969) and I lived in the Haight at the very very tail end of the hippie era (73)
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Who would you like to meet?