Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do guys with cats stay single forever?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShanKat
Msg: 3
Do guys with cats stay single forever?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
lol, no offense dood. But it is for other reasons that your single. Not saying anything about you bad, cause I dun know you from adam. Cats are baggage that is effortless to deal with (coming from ME the crazy cat mom of four). Anyone who can't deal with a persons pets isnt worth inviting into your life anyways, even if it is the cats that are the problem.
 ShanKat
Msg: 5
Do guys with cats stay single forever?
Posted: 7/31/2006 11:07:39 AM
I was assuming your a dood, apologies if im wrong!
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/31/2006 11:19:05 AM
Its also because men are lazy and their house ends up smelling like cat shit.
 MIKEYOHIO
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/31/2006 12:04:27 PM
OK, I am starting to get a little nervous here..........

Anybody want a cat?

He is looking at me......
right
now.

help??????
 psychman
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/31/2006 12:28:06 PM
Well. I had a cat for seven years before I got married. A sweet cat, he nontheless HATED her. Considering the way things worked out, it seems he was a much better judge of character than I was.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 12:28:07 PM
I know one; dude had this freak of a cat, 6 toes on each foot and about 23 lbs (he named her Lotta, for Lotta toes) he had the cat for about 6 years, and has been married for 11 now; of course he is not the most handsome guy I've ever seen, and she is not the belle of the ball, but they are happy together and she loves that freak of a cat.

Fry
 Acadian10
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 1:18:15 PM
My buddy has a cat and he's a player, gets a lot more women than I do...
 Rebellious
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/31/2006 2:39:50 PM
^^
Use one p u s s y to lure another?

Anyway, guys with cats are gay :)
 Mojo727
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/1/2006 10:33:28 AM
I have always had cats and I am married for 30 years, of course she had to like cats too lol
 malibu65
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/1/2006 11:22:30 AM
personally, I love my cat, I got him to replace my husband,,I figure he was lazy, cats are lazy, he liked to lay around and sleep all day, cats like to do that to, he liked to be fed at odd hours, so does the cat,...what a great replacement...and I don't have do any laundry for him...
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/1/2006 1:15:27 PM
It's not just cats....
 junipermoon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2006 6:55:51 PM
my brother had a cat for years before he got married. poor hickory died last week...it was hard on both my brother and his wife.
 eye4light
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/3/2006 11:38:25 PM
Does your principal work is reverse? I'm a man with NO cat and I'm still single.

Hmmm...maybe it doesn't work that way.

Uh-oh, here they come again! Good thing I'm not carrying a cat in my arms. As Monty Python would say, "run away!"

Rabbitman49
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:30:58 AM
Concluded question: Does this mean that guys with cats are doomed only to marry "crazy cat ladies" (or those on their way to become such)?
 Cat Man4
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:30:19 AM
haha

interesting thread....

well, i have 4 cats, (3 now, one went missing last month just after i moved, but that is awhole other story - great way to meet neighbours though....lol), not gay

but,

date enough and after awhile you find yourself coming home and hugging the cats in thanks for the fact they provide a lot more entertainment at a fraction of the emotionally draining cost and relatively no BS....

and why cats over say dogs? well let me just say i get a real kick every winter when i wake up and watch all those happy dog owners out there in the snow storms walking with inverted shopping bags on their hands just waiting to pick up fresh turds in sub-zero blustery weather while i casually sip on a coffee from the comforts of my kitchen.... *grin*

yes, i thank my ex evey day for bringing the little crazies into my life....

g.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:58:05 PM

I have this theory. Men with cats stay single forever.

Alot do, but some (self included) did / do lots of dating and ended up happily married (still am.)
 RDtoo
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 12:58:16 AM
This thread is freaking me out. I have always owned cats and I have never been married, and I am definitly not gay. Incidentally, I have never set out to go and obtain a cat. They always seem to find me. Can't say the same thing for women.
 Challenge
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/13/2008 8:14:52 AM
No......eventually they meet another guy and fall in love.
 Ron9
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/13/2008 8:20:58 AM
OMG ........ I’m sooooo screwed (I can only wish) cuz ......

Last June one of my daughters talked me into taking in a shelter kitten. This so called “kitten” - was due for lights out in two days.

She lied and told me the “shelter kitten” crap - because he is really THE CAT FROM HELL.

I named him Rocky. I should have named him The Terminator’s Evil Side.

A few things he terminated in his first two weeks.
- expensive special computer related cord
- my connection to the outside word - killed my telephone service for 12 days by terminating the router wires
- three big plants
- both mine and my old dog’s peace of mind
 blondago56
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 8:30:04 AM
i don't know about guys with cats, but i have 2 cats (technically, they are my Son's cat's & left them with me.. Hey! he's a 'guy'!?!) Anyway, a gentleman i had dated left his NFL Cleveland Browns cap on my couch and the cats ended up getting their hair all over it! Yep i heard about that for sure & was in the 'dog' house...
 cotter
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 8:40:15 AM
Uh huh ... every single man I know who acquired a cat while single ... STILL SINGLE and not even close to getting married.

Most of their homes do smell obnoxiously of cat sh!t.

Also, the stench of old canned cat food lingers in the kitchen (or feeding areas).

Upholstered furniture is usually also covered in cat hair.
 BeingJana
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/13/2008 10:27:02 AM
MikeyOhio ...funny...funny...funny...hahahahah
 clasact
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 1:18:18 PM
*Challenge wrote*--No......eventually they meet another guy and fall in love.

I was just thinking THAT^^^ Challenge, when I spied this thread.
I met a man that had his cat in the car when we met for coffee. Uh-huh. I could hear him talking to it as he exited the vehicle telling the cat, "Daddy's going for a cup of coffee with this nice lady. You be good now." I asked him had he had the cat for many years? He said, "No, I bought her about six months ago for companionship." "OH", I say, "That's nice". All the while I'm saying to myself, "Dear God.....I promise not to do anything bad again........please help me!" He told me previously he'd never been married and on this day he said his male housemate had just moved out. Hmmm, food for thought? I'm a big dog person myself, I have two of them. I think I will stick with dog men.
 want to travel
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 6:37:57 PM
Oh god.... I am dooomed, he is looking at me, (but he is from a previous relationship) so theres still hope lol
 matchlessm
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/13/2008 9:53:44 PM
Cutenurse,

In my humble opinion, women without cats--if they are as judgmental as your supposedly funny statement shows you to be--should stay single forever.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do guys with cats stay single forever?