Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Trouble Comes In Threes???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Trouble Comes In Threes???Page 1 of 1    
Great thread kitkat. I totally relate at the moment. Three you say. In my life, trouble comes in the 3 dozen mark rather that by threes. I have noticed that I go along in relative peace, and then every few years, think go wrong all at the same time.

We both seem to use humor at times like these. I realize that you started this thread to share humor not complain.

When I am at my limit as a single women, with many things going wrong at the same time, I like to remember my late husband who ran a high tech aircraft engine testing department. (His favourite thing was blowing up engines, and he personally lite every dynamite fuse himself). Well---------he would freak out like a little girl, if too many thing went wrong at home at the same time. No, I didn't save him. He was quite capable of saving himself.

I have had two depts. of the federal government up my b--t and my accountants -ut- for several weeks now. You would think I was a drug dealer laundering money or something. (Felt so good when my acountant and I proved down to the last dime that our figures where correct.

Air Conditioner has only just been fixed. So many power outs didn't help the keep things cool. We won't go into what the power outs did to my computers systems. Roof to my gazebo's was torn off by the winds. Water softner has been fixed, and still doesn't work. Both my water meteors have been change, but register that water on when it isn't, and tech. can't figure out why. Water bill went up by $100. last bill, and I used much less water during that period because I was to sick to get out of bed. Dentist screwed up dental surgery, and wrecked two healthy teeth. Now I have to get them fixed and pay the bill. Some darling stole a mud flap on my SUV. Haven't got time to deal with the mountain of cardboard piled in my garage, that falls on me every time I go in the garage. Sure there is more for the list, but can't be bothered thinking about it.

Ah! Single life..........don't even have a man to chill with.

Thanks kitkat, I feel better now. Whine, whine, time for wine (and shrimp).
 moraima
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Trouble Comes In Threes???
Posted: 8/6/2006 1:12:54 AM
Not trying to have a p------- contest with you kit, just laughing with you.

Overwhelmed for sure. It does feel sooooo good, when you finally beat all the problems into submission. We remember just how cool we are, and fall asleep with a smile on our faces.

Think I had better put my tired butt to bed. Till tomorrow my friends.
 dogar2007
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:36:38 PM
I think it all depends on when you stop counting. If you wait for your 4th trouble to stop counting, I bet you will quickly find your troubles "come in fours".
 tournesol
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/10/2006 12:01:36 PM
Nah....it's threes. It's a silly superstition I suppose but it gets us all bujaggered.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Trouble Comes In Threes???