Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > a question for you guys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 2
view profile
History
a question for you guysPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
your never truly alive till youve had your heart smashed and run over in the street..sometimes they back up and run it over again.. but you cant be afraid to ever cross tha street again.. just be more careful...
 Pyke
Msg: 3
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:36:19 AM
Depends entirely on whether or not you never love - and know what love is.

For example, take children in isolated African tribes who grow up without any modern amenities and never know of the world outside of the one they live. They could likely be happy within their own little society and feel they lived a good life; accumulating three huts and four wives. They might be happy, even if they never had the opportunity to change the world, see the world, make something greater of their lives. They would never know what they were missing.

With love, if the person knows of love, and never experiences it first-hand, it is like the child suddenly realizing there's a whole other world he knows will exist and never getting to experience it. In my opinion, the heartache from that far exceeds any pain of a broken heart, because at the end of the day, you always have the memories of the moments you shared.

It is always better to love and lose, then never love at all...
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 4
view profile
History
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:49:26 AM
I think it's better to have loved and lost.

If I hadn't gone through all the loves and losses of my life... I'd be a completely different person today.
They shaped who I am... moulded me... helped me become stronger as I had to learn how to deal with cheaters, an abuser, and a rapist...

And I love myself the way I am.
And luckily for me... my sweet Mai loves who I am too.
 Pyke
Msg: 5
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:22:53 AM

Sorry, but it is a silly, and unanswerable, question.

Only if your understanding of the world and the meaning of life is equivelant to that of a chicken, otherwise the answer is obvious.
 Pyke
Msg: 6
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 12:26:17 PM
Presumably though the people asking it would be those who have never loved, or those hurting from heartbreak having never truly experienced knowing what love is but not feeling it.

There is nothing more painful than those hearts broken by loneliness and not love.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 8
view profile
History
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:45:13 PM
Its suffering that we use to define us.

Withought suffering, we wouldnt know what we had the capacity to be able to withstand.

In order to make a sword, it must first pass through the fire.

Somtimes its only after we hurt that we realize that we could.

So, im going with its better to have loved, and lost than to have never have loved at all.

Course, they do say that Ignorance is bliss, some people here must be orgasmic.
 dogar2007
Msg: 9
view profile
History
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:55:49 PM
If you don't even try, your chances are zero. That is the saddest, biggest "loser" of them all. That's how I see it.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 10
view profile
History
a question for you guys
Posted: 8/9/2006 9:10:10 PM
Brandilicious,

Me is the only person that I know how to be.

Somtimes, im an ass*ole. But, that again, is just me.

On a side note, I have noticed that the theme of my responces are usually somewhat subject to changing depending on the music that I have going at the time. Alexisonfire apperntly breeds somwhat inteligent responces from me. That, or, I just fluke out somtimes.

"It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees"
 Murf167
Msg: 12
a question for you guys
Posted: 9/19/2007 7:53:56 AM

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!

Fie on you for stealing my Tennyson quote just as I had googled to insure proper attribution.

Still, I agree with Lord Tennyson. The healed heart is both stronger and wiser.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > a question for you guys