Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Could I fall in love again at 56? Do I want to?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Could I fall in love again at 56? Do I want to?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Certainly loosing a loved one hurts, but when the time is right for a new love, go for it.
 Sheedosie
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Could I fall in love again at 56? Do I want to?
Posted: 9/1/2006 2:23:16 PM
Good advice there Bubba............ Sometimes I am not sure what is right from wrong and I have certainly made poor choices in my lifetime when it came to love. Must say that if we were lucky enough to have been "in love" at least once in our lifetimes, then that is something to be grateful for because some people never find love. I would like to find love again but I don't know how or where so in the meantime, I like your advice about try working on becoming Miss Right and not focus on finding Mr Right. Good luck!
 sd92029
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/1/2006 3:37:42 PM
Can you? Sure. Should you? Who knows? What I do know is love isn’t something you “get over” but rather something who’s loss you morn, and learn to live with. I have trouble with your question also because for me Love is a state of being, not of mind, its part of our nature; we can no more stop falling in love, than we could stop eating, or breathing, or sleeping. I know the pain of love lost can make it seem a curse not a blessing, but the ability to love is a blessing and at any age can be found and made anew. Hang in there. you will love again, and with your next love will come peace and happiness. I'm no psychic, but have a good feeling about that prediction.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/8/2006 4:37:00 PM
Oh sapph, I love that......" although my soul gets tired of the search, my heart keeps egging it on."..thats beautiful . And yes, I want to fall in love again, I want to be filled up, I don't like this emptiness inside. I know what you mean when you say your heart is open, so is mine.

...maeflowers
 chrisibo
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2006 5:44:30 PM
of course you could fall in love again nothing like romance best thing in the world..to get married for a 4th time ???/ well you would have to like wedding cake roll: ..... LOL CHRISIBO XX xx
 tig53
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 1:42:11 AM
Suthn-boy said it perfectly. I've had 3 great loves. My youth,23 yrs. and father of my kids. 2nd one was my heart,off/on 8yrs. Should of married him. 3rd was my passion (crime of passion is more like it) be careful what you pray for. But don't regret any of it. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have some of each in one relationship one more time? You know, that lights up your eyes kind of love. My son told me I'm lucky, some people never have a great love. Believe me I realize my blessings. Now I feel greedy.
 tig53
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:19:40 PM
Thankyou and yes you're right about my son. One of the best men I know. But now you've got me wondering about how he would know. And theres a very long story behind that. TN., huh? Love it!! I lived in Millington for 3 yrs. Do they call you Dorothy too? And even my crime of passion was real love, on my part anyway. On both our parts I think. Or maybe I was just a soft place for him to land. From a mans point of view, do you think it's better to love or to be loved? Sounds like a new thread, huh?
 moraima
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:24:46 PM
I find at we age, it takes longer periods of time between great loves to find the right person.

I have had 2 great loves. Number 3 must be some where.
 moraima
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 1:56:20 PM
When he left me in the morning (after we hug each other for a very long time), I can remember being in a fog like state, still able to smell him, still able to feel his touch. The rest of the day was unreal, like I wasn't really part of that day, because I was still with him, even though he wasn't there.

Just brushing against his arm sent an electric current though us both.

Yes, I want that again.
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 2:45:01 PM
Could you fall in love again at 56, of course you could. I am your age and my mother just turned 80 this past week and she met and fell in love with a gentleman this last year. She tells me that she feels like a teenager again. She is young in mind and heart and age doesn`t diminish the feeling. I am so glad that she can find this kind of happiness and that she embraces it instead thinking she is too old for love. Don`t give up. When you are ready for love it will find you.
 moraima
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 8:14:05 PM
I was just reading the posts and thinking how long it has been since I was in like.

It is hard to be in love, if you don't see someone you can be in like with. I have a hard time liking regret, and that is what I see most of in the dates I have been on.
 moraima
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 6:16:50 AM
When we are younger, most of us don't realize what real love is. Maybe it is more of a question of it being harder as we get older to find real love, because we recognize that real love is rare.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/3/2006 9:53:46 PM
...Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying... planning & dreaming each night of his charms.....

...maeflowers
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 9:56:31 PM
Isn't that an old song, Mae? I can't remember who sang it though. Hmm, I'm dating myself now.

Tink, Calgary
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/3/2006 10:18:43 PM
..Do I want to fall in love at 56....you bet your booty I do.....Just like the original singer of wishing and hoping by Dusty Springfield. Which was later song by Ani DeFranco in My Best Friend's Wedding.....yup its all about falling in love .

...maeflowers
 tig53
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2006 1:48:38 AM
I think this is so neat, but can't remember for the life of me where I heard it. Someone asked this old couple that had been together like forever, "whats your secret, how have you stayed together for so many yrs.?" response,"we never fell out of love, at the same time." Ooooohh, makes me melt. We still have hope. Hi Suthn!! I'm caught up on sleep.
 tig53
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2006 12:08:16 PM
I'm in love now(smile) bravo Zooom
 tig53
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2006 12:09:55 PM
No, it just hit me, he's asleep
 moraima
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 3:12:30 PM
"up for lovemaking, sex, fxxxxxg, call it what you like 3 +times a day"

I thought the topic was could you fall in love again at 56? Silly me
 wishful58
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2006 10:20:23 PM
.. I think the "fallin' in love" is the easy part ......... the "stayin' in love" a little harder at times .... whether its our baggage, our tendency to hold back sensitive parts of our hearts and souls, the time constraints of living in this day and age ....it can all add up to failed relationships. I hope I'm up for the "work" involved in maintaining a great relationship after the "fallin' in love" part ..... which I also really enjoy!! .... lol ....
 ankkka
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:14:01 PM
I want and I wish to have my last loving fascination of my life!
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:12:28 PM
Lordy I Hope so!!! all this time on POF for nothing!!!OMG I believe in Love..I dont feel Ive ever BEEN loved(by a man)sad..but I have loved..I hope I can expereince that love,like in "On golden pond" or "The notebook" if not...(which is my truth since I dont have 50 more years lol ) the reality of being loved by a man the way my family,my children and friends love me,now that would be worth the wait!!!!
 Ms.Write
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 2:58:40 PM
I don't want to "fall" in love but I DO want to love, and deeply. I am through with infatuation. I'd really like to start off with a friendship, see the caring develop. But it's never too late to love. I think that's why we're all here (not only on this site, but on planet Earth!)
 pbjazzee
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/7/2008 4:32:47 PM
I believe that so many people get set in their ways or carry around a lot of baggage as they age but there is certainly the possibility of finding someone who fits your lifestyle, if it's meant to be, and love can follow.

If a person is lonely and unfulfilled, they will seek or get into sometimes compromising relationships which may not be the best for them. If a person is self sufficient, happy, has a busy and active lifestyle and someone comes along who fits in, it would be great for them to fall in love.

I have been spending the past few years working on loving myself and being emotionally happy after a few years of allowing myself to be hurt. I got past being bitter, resentful, etc. and now that I am happy and free of a lot of baggage I would welcome a loving relationship. However, I have observed a lot of people in our age range who try to rush something for convenience and that won't work either. Love after 56 may be different than it was 20 or 30 years ago, but it can still be rewarding.
 ankkka
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/22/2008 4:33:02 PM
Not really...I think.
To be with somebody in relationship...but...why we have to love each other?
It has to be super match...what is impossible.

It can be chemistry...intellectual fascination...friendship...but not love....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Could I fall in love again at 56? Do I want to?