Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Exclusive talk      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 User101256
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Exclusive talkPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This is the good one though, how could guys not like this talk?

The "Exclusive talk" means you want them, and only them!

It really depends on how into you the Guy is, and how the relationship has progressed. Not really something you want to bring up too soon, but it sounds like this has been long enough for you. :)

The other talks, well... "Let's just be friends talk" or the "Just not into you talk" or the "I'm dating your sibling talk", those are the ones that can be scary!
 smith2267
Msg: 10
Exclusive talk
Posted: 1/22/2007 1:29:32 PM
It doesn't much matter who brings it up, either he wants it or he doesn't
 techgirl27
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Exclusive talk
Posted: 1/22/2007 1:32:10 PM
what worked for me is saying "I dont want to share you with anyone", he said it was mutual.
That way you dont have to say "ok lets have a seat, we need to talk".
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Exclusive talk
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:23:18 PM
It has to happen.

Its best to get it out of the way as soon as EITHER of you are thinking about becoming serious.

At least thats the way that I feel about it.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 13
Exclusive talk
Posted: 1/22/2007 4:30:02 PM

That way you dont have to say "ok lets have a seat, we need to talk".

Is ANYONE comfortable with this? I feel like I'm about to get lectured.
 Jonathan85
Msg: 15
Exclusive talk
Posted: 4/23/2007 10:31:28 AM
This is a tough question.

For me, I like to date this way:

First Date Period (FDP): This is the "interview"/getting to know a person time. To me, this starts from the first time you say "Hello, my name is..." I might be meeting multple people at once, but it doesn't mean I am interested in a relationship with them, all my friends are sort of in this "category" to me (men and women). The type of things I'll do with people in FDP are like go to a movie, go dancing, drink, and play pool. It isn't intimate, it is more casual and friendly. If I am in FDP with a girl I am considering having a relationship with, I might make it a little romantic/intimate but the main focus of this time is to get to know a person so I can decide how I feel about them.

Romantic Dating Period (RDP): This is after the first date period so you know the person. This is the time I would like to become exclusive. I won't be in this period with more than 1 person at a time. While I might still be meeting people, but like I said FDP isn't romantic in any way really. For me, I like DRP to be exclusive just because this seems liek the first real emotional investment.

Relationship: RDP evolves into this.

-GG
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Exclusive talk