Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Humour In Death.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Humour In Death.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It's just a kneejerk reaction, People need to inject humour into an otherwise tragic occurrence.. You'll find most ppl who work in professions that bring them into contact with tragedy on a regular basis have a very sick and twisted sense of humour...
You will also find that ppl who have suffered the bereavement of a loved one will also engage in more sexual activity.. kind of of a re-affirmation of life continuing...
 Nomdeplume
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Humour In Death.
Posted: 9/6/2006 5:54:02 AM
Zulu1.... Necrophelia..... is flogging a dead horse...oops no thats beastiality, necrophilia and sadomasochism..in one...

Nom
 pantsonfire
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Humour In Death.
Posted: 9/6/2006 6:01:42 AM
Necrophilia, also called thanatophilia and necrolagnia, is a paraphilia characterized by a sexual attraction to corpses.
That explain it succinctly and thoroughly enough for you zulu????
 Bobby4771
Msg: 14
Humour In Death.
Posted: 9/6/2006 1:21:56 PM
You have to be able to laugh about most situations in life.

Those of us who have to deal with death professionally often have the greatest sense of humour around it.
 corleo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Humour In Death.
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:38:17 AM
yes i agree with the posts that people facing and dealing with death and dieing use humour to cope with the inevitable end thats waiting for us all..having been involved with someone with a long drawn out terminal illness i can vouch for that, its usually the person suffering who uses humour to make it easier for themselves and the ones around them.. unless youve been there it is sometimes difficult to understand..the laughs we had about cancer and dieing may seem sick to others but if it helps then whats wrong with it?..everyone is different and whats funny for one may not be funny for another..as to jokes that go around on mobiles etc that deal with dieing and the dead i usually find my self smiling at them,not much upsets me now.. humour helps..
 scorpiomover
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Humour In Death.
Posted: 8/21/2007 5:39:24 PM
Someone once said to me that there are 3 types of humour: normal, strange, and stick & twisted. Luckily, I fall into the latter category. So I'm quite at home with those sort of jokes.

Doesn't mean I respect the passed on any less. Just means that I see humour in everything, especially the unhappy sides of life.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Humour In Death.