Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > That old fire rekindled      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NapJoe
Msg: 17
That old fire rekindledPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
That reminds me to buy some kindling, maybe some kerosene.

But I tell myself not to play with fire. Unless it wants to fool around.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 21
That old fire rekindled
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:08:43 PM
Some of you people are being pretty judgemental of this man. While NO having an affair in a normal relationship may be wrong, humans are supposed to have closeness... touching... and YES people SEX... This man has been faithful to a woman who has not wanted sex and THEN was physically/mentally unable but from what he is saying she still wouldn't be having sex with him. As married couples, BOTH have obligations to their spouse. And while I'll get kicked around for my opinion...goign 20 years without would not be an option for me. He says he has no intention of leaving his wife, he's taken care of her.. my god he's not a saint. Maybe he needs some love or at least some "release"...

Remember, walk a mile in someone else shoes before judging!!!! Sex is not important to some people yet very important to others. Some people just need to feel that closeness with someone. Sorry, but.. I have to give Lonely some kudos for being such a good husband for this many years. Some men AND women wouldn't even consider their spouses feelings.. and some would have abandoned someone who became handicap. Look at his good side.
 djc02359
Msg: 22
view profile
History
That old fire rekindled
Posted: 3/12/2007 4:28:03 PM
My Dear Op,
You must always keep in mind that the people who respond to your posts have their own point of view. Those who don't think sex is important think everyone should agree with their perspective- those who think it is important- think the same. No one EVER knows you and/or your wife well enough to decide what is right or wrong. Probably just writing about your feelings will help you to sort them all out. But ONLY you can decide.

As a VERY wise man once said:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” — Dr. Seuss
 canyunflyer
Msg: 23
view profile
History
That old fire rekindled
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:33:34 AM
I'm a huge believer in fidelity in a Marriage. however... if there was ever some kind of actual rationalization for the lack of it.... this sure sounds like it might qualify! I too am kind of put out by the righteous responses so far. I would like to think that, if it was me who was imobile and had not furnished my spouse with any kind of sex for 20 years... I would allow (even insist) that she take advantage of a situation which presented itself, such as this. I would let them know that I still hoped (expected?) to be loved and cared for as I had been in the past... but, I would not hold them to a passionless prison.

I have NO sympathy or patience or any kind of support, for the usual whining married people we tend to find coming in here. But, I certainly am not going to immediately pass judgement on anyone in the OPs situation. (I am presuming he is being truthful)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > That old fire rekindled