Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Online job hunting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 go_baby_go
Msg: 1
Online job huntingPage 1 of 1    
Well I was just reading an interesting thread by GEM which got me thinking another topic of my own experience. So anyways....

About a year ago when I was on the hunt I sent out my resume and cover letter to somewhere between 50-60 employment postings off of job websites and got only one call for an interview. I only applied for local jobs that I was qualified or semi-qualified to do. I kind of thought afterwards that I wouldn't be using that method again. However, my sister did the same thing and landed a wicked job off of HRDC's website right off the bat (she's still there and loves her job).

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with online job hunting and more specifically those job websites? What has been your experience(s) with those job banks/employment websites? I kinda thought that because the jobs were posted online that the employers were likely bombarded with resumes from people that live pretty much anywhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Online job hunting