Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > lustjunky13      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 corleo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
lustjunky13Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
i have never had an obe and am not religous but my brother was involved in a car crash some years ago now and was in a coma for 3months, when he eventually woke up he spoke of floating up out of his body in a white tube and meeting our grandmother who had died 7 years ago.. not sure if thats classed as an obe but made me think about life after death etc..
 Double Cabin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
How many of you have had Out-Of-Body Experiences?
Posted: 9/27/2006 1:00:11 PM
"My Mom found a passage in the bible for me today incase any bible thumpers start attacking me on this subject. It even talks about Out-Of Body Experiences in the Bible.I was shocked to say the least. It is hard to find open minded spiritual people who go off first hand experiences. Even if you have just had Near Death Experience and want to share feel free. I have had both. They go hand in hand with the soul leaving the body. This thread is only for those who want to share their experiences. I am not into debating what i know to be true."

OP, please forgive me but in your first sentence you speak of Bible Thumpers and in the last you express your own version of the central and utterly unsubstantiated arrogance of Christianity itself. Don't introduce a topic into a FORUM if you're not prepared for conflict. You can't set the rules of a public forum.

That said the only out of body experience I ever had outside of dreams was when we ran out of pot and got f'd up on Opium as sophmores in high school. I was on the ceiling looking down the girl sitting on a bunk bed above me's blouse along with the rest of the 8 or 9 kids in the room.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Double cabin
Posted: 9/27/2006 1:14:35 PM
Need a hug? Uhm, with all due respect perhaps you should reread my post or the definition of arrogance. Although I've read the Bible I've little use for a book written, rewritten, and edited by no fewer than 3 dozen men over centuries. It is as far as we know words of men, not "God", and raises many suspicions with the obvious alacrity to contradict itself. Your proclaimed aversion to it was odd given the stereotypically biblical arrogance of your last sentence in your first post. Forums are not for like minded people, by definition they are for ALL people to have their say however unsettling their kenning might be to some of us or not. Can any of you folks help me with some lotto numbers?
 Double Cabin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
I agree!
Posted: 9/27/2006 1:43:31 PM
With all due respect I didn't debate out of body experiences with you. I have read the Bible, extensively. You still don't get it? Your arrogance at the end of your post is just as deluded as the "thumpers" you alluded too. As I responded to your e-mail despite what anyone says CONVICTION does not EQUAL KNOWLEDGE. You've made just as big a leap of faith thinking your somehow special. I point out the definiton of a forum and note your blatant hypocracy and I'm being mean? Have all the out of body experiences you want, just consider putting the brain back where it belongs on occasion. Just say no to deluded self absorption. Good luck in the real world
 Double Cabin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Sorry to all who have to read the nasty post above
Posted: 9/27/2006 5:08:43 PM
Luna, my apologies. I don't know where my head was.

Last joke, I promise. You just have to understand your bait was far too undeniable. Please know I'm not really an a*s*s, I just play one on the internet.
 navywave
Msg: 18
How many of you have had Out-Of-Body Experiences?
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:02:15 AM
I Astral Travel at least once a month. I always picture myself flying through the air, and getting hung up on telephone wires. I am usually trying to save someone, by picking them up and carrying them off.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > lustjunky13