Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could you go back out with your ex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Smjle
Msg: 18
Could you go back out with your ex?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't much experience but I'm not jaded by bad experiences so I can give you good advice.

Both men and women are looking for someone better but we settle for someone we can get. You are the same; if you had someone better, you wouldn't be asking the question. When people get married, one or both partners believe they have the best they can do so they quit looking. If you go back with him and he thinks he can do better, he will continue to look. You are in the best position to know but the fact he is trying to get you back gives me reason to believe he thinks you are the best he can do so he will not be looking to replace you.

One other thing: Most Alpha males and many other men have a mate they wish to keep but they still like to have sexual flings. Again, you are in the best position to know; however, from your posts, it is likely he falls into that group. As long as he takes precautions and attempt to hide his flings then that is okay because he is not harming you. Just look at it like that is his hobby. However, if that is something you cannot accept, you should think long and hard before unconditionally taking him back. You might give him another chance, but protect your heart and watch him carefully for a while before fully giving him your heart and soul.
 Smjle
Msg: 25
Could you go back out with your ex?
Posted: 9/29/2006 3:46:42 PM

Me thinks this is troll.....OP is already gone.....

Interesting observation. I checked and user deleted account today. I don't think that would make the user a troll, but something is strange. Joined POF and four days later deletes account.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2006 3:50:20 PM
Met up with a May-September sweetheart from some time ago. I'd still drink her bath water but go out with her? Not sure. Depends on how both of us have changed or not
 JackHill
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 9:14:03 PM
First off, you can forgive somebody all you want; however that doesn't mean you have to be put into that situation again. If he dumped you, forgive him yes, get back with him no way jose. Even if there is still a spark there, who's to say he won't pull the same crap two or three months down the road. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame one me, and you don't wanna know what to say after being fooled the third time.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could you go back out with your ex?