Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Does looks really matter or is it a +++ Bonus Package? +++      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CatalistDancer87
Msg: 1
Does looks really matter or is it a +++ Bonus Package? +++Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Okay...It seems like some guys only care about a girls looks than what she has to offer...So my question is, well....lol....Does looks really matter???
 POFer4Life
Msg: 2
Does looks really matter or is it a +++ Bonus Package? +++
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:27:19 AM
Looks matter to me............. But, I'm alone..........!!!
 preferthecountry
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:28:02 AM
Of course looks matter, but they aren't everything. There has to be an initial attraction, then what's inside (personality, interests, common goals, intelligence) takes over.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:28:16 AM
I guess you want to hear "NO" right? Well of course they matter. They matter to men and they matter to women. You think women only go for guys with great personalities?

Lucky for me I have the whole package.
 romegaguy
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:35:04 AM
Yep looks matter i can't see myself with someone with bad teeth and a ugly face.
 william74354
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/4/2006 9:54:23 AM
there are so meny out that just look at the skin deep and if it don't meet what they inrested in then just keep looking til they fine it. but then there are a few out there that try to look be on the looks and see if there is something on the in side that willinng to go ahead and if it will be worth trying to see if they can talk to start with... but i would say at less 85% of men look on the out side then move on and shame on them. looks are not every thing.
 Kimberly33
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/4/2006 10:00:34 AM
Obviously, there has to be some physical attraction....but I think a lot of people (and its not just men) don't take the time to see beyond just looks.... I know I've met guys before who I had NO physical interest in at first, but once I got to know them, they gradually started looking better and better to me.

There is a lot more to being happy long term the looks.... Unfortunatly, a lot of people are more worried about "right now" then "really RIGHT".

shiloh444
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/8/2006 5:10:30 AM
Yes i agree there must be a physical attraction along with a great smile and a great attitude ,looks and honesty and a hello are a start,and i think its important that we are just right for each other,so yes looks does matter in the eyes of the beholder,im sure the guy whom wants to meet me will want someone nice looking along his side also,so hey the gate swings both ways
 Chocoletti
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/8/2006 5:22:00 AM
Read once in a relationship book: Physical attraction is a natural part of the initial steps of a relationship. Kinda like the first step of a stairway case....it is what generates things in a particular direction. But you can't get to the top without all the "other" steps.
 copacabana
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/8/2006 6:12:58 AM
of course looks matter!
unfortunately some men (and women) have completely unrealistic expectations in the looks department - they look like gilbert godfrey and they are only interested in pamela andersons.
they are going to be single a LOOOOONG time.
but there are some very realistic men (and women) out there - obviously you are choosing the wrong men.
 cytosport
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:46:52 PM
no looks dont matter. but im sure they matter to you. and if u wanna know why u always attract the wrong crowd...look at ur pics...its no wonder. i swear girls are so naive and ignorant. but hey, keep posting slutty pics so we guys have something to look at and laugh at.
 marinabreeze
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:57:15 PM
Heck yeah they matter to men...otherwise there wouldn't be so many people looking around on PoF .

Truthfully, more people would be in good, fulfilling relationships if initial attraction weren't given so much weight. While it's true that looks make a difference, too many men (and women too) don't allow the time to get to know someone. If you give someone a chance, then it's possible that after getting to know them, you will see that they are indeed attractive. Most of the men I've been into and dated were not initially "lookers" but as I got to know them I grew to like them and found them attractive even on the outside. I have a good friend of mine who wasn't initially attracted to a particular girl we knew, but he got to know her as a person, and he began to see that she was actually attractive, and now they're happily married.

People put too much emphasis on first impressions and prematurely put those who don't meet their "standards" out of their lives or into the friend zone. And that is to their own detriment.
 QTpye16
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:36:54 PM
catalistdancer87,

Okay...It seems like some guys only care about a girls looks than what she has to offer

And apparently, you're contributing to it.

Does looks really matter???

No, but attraction does.
 voxnovial
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:49:54 PM
It seems like some guys only care about a girls looks than what she has to offer...

This isn't confined to one gender. Women care about men's attractiveness as well.

Don't understand why people try to make this a gender-specific issue. It's not.

Looks matter to men and women both.
 allshookup98
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 10:12:43 PM
Of course looks matter!

I don't know anyone thats able to see someone across a crowded room and know what kind of personality they have.
 Piano4te
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/7/2007 10:18:41 PM
I'll only tell you when you go and cover up your ass as to not be advertising yourself as cover girl for the next monthly release of "Girls Gone Wild"........ Does your dad know you're asking this question?? I bet he's really proud of you right now, huh?? Awww hell....maybe he's already seen the video......
 yellowbutterfy
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/7/2007 10:33:32 PM
that has got to be a question where the answer was obvious. yes looks matter, but what that look is depends on the person. we all have our own ideal of what the perfect person is. yes a good deal of people have unrealistic goals and society is a contributing factor. alot of the advertisers don't even use models, they are computer animated; and no it doesn't mean they don't all start out real but after the touch ups and the photo altering, the original model is barely even there.
but looks only matters to a point, because with money you can buy looks. If a person doesn't have a brain in their pretty little head they are done for. stupid lasts forever, no matter the education you can't buy intelligence. so when it comes to looking for the "complete package" make sure that it is complete through and through, the surface will fade with time.
 Handsomesque
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:48:16 AM
Looks matter, but you could have all the beauty in the world, and if there's no brains to back it up, I'm not going to be interested.
 singlesoftie
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:05:52 AM
"This isn't confined to one gender. Women care about men's attractiveness as well.

Don't understand why people try to make this a gender-specific issue. It's not.

Looks matter to men and women both"

I disagree i feel men care more about looks, and women tend to think will he be a good husband, father, provider than looks. And it would seem that theres alot of litreture also that points to that view.

Personally i have felt it difficult to find a compatiable male, and also i have had males use me in order to get my girlfriends email, ph number or foot in the door.

i hope im wrong but my personal observations and the stuff i have read in journals suggests i ant. softiexxx
 becketlady
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:06:39 AM
I say the package is the one. Not the look. There are people out there have a special heart that can offer anyone true love and have a life time together. Looks are always temporary and never last long in a relationship. I am looking for a special package. Dont let it bother you. Just be on your guard as your beauty will stands out more the seeing the real you as far as your heart goes. Wish you the best.
 Just JJ
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:28:22 AM
I say... love is in the eye of the beholder.... What is good looking to me, would make some others go "eeeewwwwwwwwww"

But YES... looks do matter and YES we have to keep perspective. I don't expect a 25 yr old hot bod to be attracted to me, a 45 yr mom of two with some lumps and bumps. The same as I wouldn't be attracted to a 65 yr old man with no teeth, bald and a truss...
 Diva64
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:54:59 AM
YES YES YES.,.......LOOKS ABSOLUTELY MATTER.......to the one looking!!!
Now what LOOKS good to ONE.....may not LOOK the same to another!

Does looks matter??

I think BRAINS matter a whole lot more!!
I'll be going now!
 Just JJ
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:04:30 AM
Ohhhhhh and more thing...

always remember and never forget.......

Beauty FADES..... DUMB doesn't! LOL
 scorpiomover
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:27:16 AM
Looks matter much, much, more on the first date.
But after that, it's down to the personality.

If you're ugly but a wonderful, fun person and can get to the second date, you've got it made. You're in love.

If you're beautiful but a boring, nasty person and the second date is an extension of the first, and it's all about sex and WILL end. He's not in love. With you, that is.

Most guys you're looking for (aged 18-25) are not ready to have a family or a live-in girlfriend. So it's about sex to them, and for sex, it's about looks.

I know guys you're age who want more than looks. But they want an older woman, because she is likely to have more than looks to offer a man.

Maybe you need to learn to really talk to people, and take down your barriers to emotional intimacy, and learn that physical intimacy is not something to trifle with.

Love is about who you want to share your day with.
Sex is about who you want to share your night with.
 singlesoftie
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:51:22 AM
Love is about who you want to share your day with.
Sex is about who you want to share your night with.

oh beautiful....

A true romantic.softiexx
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Does looks really matter or is it a +++ Bonus Package? +++