Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Favorite saying from your parents.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tisme_susan
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Favorite saying from your parents.Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
My dad you to say, "who hid my belt"
 tagurit29
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Favorite saying from your parents.
Posted: 10/7/2006 5:46:26 PM
On the rare occasion that I was misbehavin'... "One day I hope you have twins & they are both just like you!"

Another gem from my teen years: "Keep rolling your eyes like that and they're gonna stick!"

And my personal favourite, often used when I had been whining and cajoling about things my friends were allowed: "If so & so jumped off the Ambassador Bridge would you want to do that too?"

Now just imagine my horror when the other day that same phrase popped out of my own mouth to my 12-1/2 year old son!!!!!! LOL

Cheers!
 tisme_susan
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2006 2:57:53 PM
My mum who is now 76, still says "when I was your age", or wait till you get to my age you'll etc etc .. that makes me feel real good...
 gjay1
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:11:07 PM
my dad was also one of lifes gentlemen and always said if you cant say anything nice about someone dont say anything at all..
and he always said if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well....
mums is the goose for a wigwams bridle thing....i will ask her what the whole thing is!!
she has oodles more too!!
 Akutenshi
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:03:54 PM
Dad:
-"It builds Character."
-When asked whats for dinner he would come up with things like "Road kill-something he killed with a wrench, usualy cane toads"
-And then there was this thing he would do where he would place his thumb, index finger and middle fingertips together and hold it up and say "Patience..." or when he was just frusterated at my brother or i in general.
-when asked why we had to listen to him his responce would be "Im bigger." this ended when i had a grwoth spurt and leant on his shoulder.
-When asked where we were going he would always say that he was taking us to sell us as slave labour to a cannery.

Mum:
-When asked what was for dinner she would respond "What ever you make us." or "A lovely batch of nuthen." (these only came into effect when my brother and i were old enough to realy be cooking for ourselves)
-When we used to ask if we could get a hair cut "Which one?" or "Only one?"
-When we stated "I am thirsty." she would respond "Hi, my name is Sharon"
-When we used to say "I feel like an ice cream..." She would respond "You dont look like an ice cream." (This one i have started using on people >.> )
 Akutenshi
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:07:18 PM

When I was 12 and going to get teeth pulled out in preparation for braces I was terrified, so when we pulled up in the car to the dentists Mum threw a newspaper on my lap with a big headline "MAN DIES IN DENTISTS CHAIR" then laughed out loud at my terrifed reaction. I do think it's funny now though!

Thats awesome!
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Favorite saying from your parents.