Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Paedophiles...Should We Be Publicising Their Whereabouts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aquaplane
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Paedophiles...Should We Be Publicising Their Whereabouts? Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
There's no need to publicise their whereabouts if they are locked up securely as they should be.

Hanging's too good for them.
 Super_Rodent
Msg: 26
Paedophiles...Should We Be Publicising Their Whereabouts?
Posted: 10/12/2006 4:11:47 PM
No way, I have too much to hide!
 Loose_end
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2006 1:58:10 AM

Does no one remember what happened last time peodophiles were named. A paediatrician was savagely attacked and beaten up by a group of so called vigilantes

Actually, that story is a complete fabrication, i live close to that estate and i can assure you it never happened.

Just a ruse for the pc do-gooders to prove that the public at large isnt intelligent enough to handle information such as this. The truth is though, certain sections of society cant handle the information and will abuse it.

Peadophilia is a sexual preference, lock a gay man up for 50 years and he will still be a gay man, you cant change what turns you on....

The only solution is to exterminate them (peadophiles, not gay men) there is no other viable option.
 aquaplane
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2006 2:22:06 AM
Someone worse than a paedophile is someone who knows one and doesn't report them. Lets face it, the paedophile is sick and needs keeping somewhere they can't do harm. Someone who knows a paedophile isn't sick, they know what they are doing and choose to report them or not. If they choose not to that's worse, in my opinion.
 pink_bunny_1
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2006 2:18:27 PM
they shouldnt be tagged, they shouldnt be tattooed, they shouldnt even have a area let alone a front garden to put a sign in, but they should have there balls and c**k cut off with the smallest sharpest pair of nail sissors very very slowly while they were forced to watch, then they should be tortured for hours and hours prehaps pull every nail,fingers and toes and even there teeth out with plyers then pluck every hair everywhere one by one out with a pair of tweezers, then bury them 10 foot in the ground no coffin put then in alive till they slowly suffocate to death

sorry got a little carried away
 aquaplane
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2006 4:09:12 PM
Can we cut off their balls by putting a rope round them and hoisting them up on a jibbet. Then leave them to hang there untill the circulation is cut off. Then wait untill they die, the nuts that is, the paedo is still concious, and start to fester at the corners, if balls have corners. Then the paedo falls off the balls, voila, a castration, job sorted.

It works for me..

I'm not malicious tho
 aquaplane
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2006 10:36:13 AM
I've read that about the abusers being known to the child too.

And I agree that they will find a way no matter how many obstacles are put in their way.

Problem is, how do you identify the "sufficiently determined adults" before they perform abuse in the first place, it's too late for some unfortunate victim then.

Ayatolla, The macho bullsh1t is getting tedious, I agree. I didn't see any in this post. Do you have a workable idea how we could prevent child abuse? Or what should we do with known offenders?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
 pantsonfire
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:31:28 AM
I had a family member convicted of paedophilia, the crime had been committed fifteen years prior to his conviction, none of us had known anything about it and this family member had been a regular visitor to my home during the intervening time...
When we found out what had happened obviously we were all horrified and stopped all contact with him, but I didn't tell anybody about what had happened. When asked why this man was no longer invited to gatherings we just said there had been a falling out..
We always felt guilty that we had (unknowingly) introduced their children to a dangerous man.
I mean do you honestly think you would have believed me telling you I didn't know anything? Especially as the bloke wasn't imprisoned but given a lengthy probation instead?
Would you have trusted your children with mine?
Would you have steered your children away from mine?
Would you have still trusted me?
Would you have still wanted to be my friend?

As for the paedophile them-self, they have no rights whatsoever and should have everything taken away from them, but what about the family?
Should they be punished alongside the scum that did the crime???
Honestly look deep inside yourself and tell me that you would not be wary of someone who had a family member, not in prison, who had committed such a crime..
I have never done anything to hurt a child, I would never have had this man withing 20 miles of my or anyone else's children had I known his perversions. In fact I would be standing alongside other parents holding the noose ready to hang him...
Instead I was left feeling guilty and sick, and petrified Sarah's law would actually be passed...Whilst the **stard who committed the crime waltzed along his life with not a care in the world..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2006 6:51:19 AM

So pants......fear of the stigmatism of having associated with a paedophile would prevent you from warning people about him/her ?

That threat and the removal of it was the responsibility of the law NOT ME... I behaved responsibly by removing that person from my surroundings and my friends and family...Your point about protecting people is correct but only to the point whereby I can honestly say I haven't damaged my own children's lives...do you even realise the amazing amount of courage it took for me to disclose this information? This all happened of a decade ago and the person in question is now dead and no longer a threat to anyone... But your comment just reinforced my thoughts and makes me believe my choice was the right one... you laid the blame squarely at my feet not the perpetrators... I DID NOTHING WRONG ...
He should have been hung.castrated, thrown to the dogs whatever, but I am innocent so don't brow beat me....!!!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2006 9:24:41 AM
^^^ Thanks... I have left this thread alone for a while to see if I got a response, but nothing so I think I got my point across.....
It makes me angry that paedophiles are very often allowed to carry on with their sad sordid little lives without much of a deterrent against re-offending...Unless they are deemed to be a significant risk and sometimes even then, they are allowed to remain in the community... As a relative of one I can tell you the fear of discovery and the hatred you feel towards that person is immense.... I had to attend social services and undergo interviews and God alone knows what to ensure that I was capable of keeping my children safe from this monster...What a stupid question..I'd have killed him on sight had he been anywhere near me or mine....Why should I be penalised for what he did Why should my children be interviewed just in case????
Why should I go around all my neighbours and say excuse me but you know such and such who I invited to my child's birthday party, well he's a fooking pervert and I put your child at risk .. hope you don't mind ????
I don't know what the solution to these sick people and their predations is but think before you condemn the rest of their (innocent) family to being social outcasts!!!!!
 lalby
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/1/2006 9:51:49 AM
yeah course they should,i wouldnt want to be living next door to one,and i know it would bring about a bit of a witch hunt but if convicted n guilty i think people have a right to know if they are in thier neighbourhood.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:14:57 AM
Very well put Pink.... Kellie I understand your horror at paedophiles and their crimes, but killing them all isn't the answer, like with all crimes there are grey areas it isn't just black and white...
They are extremely sick individuals, but are you going to lump a 14 year old boy in the throes of puberty who offends once and a fairly minor offence at that, alongside these professional rings that procure children to be repeatedly raped and abused on camera for others sick fantasies ???
It's just such a difficult subject to find a workable blanket punishment for all offenders...
Kellie you are perfectly within your rights to hate them all but also others are perfectly within their rights to express their opinions...

OT nothing will ever be solved by disclosing paedopphiles whereabouts other than vigilantes and ppl such as Kellie (who admits herself) taking the law into their own hands and commiting 'almost' as atrocious crimes ...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:43:36 AM
^^^ A sixteen year old boy/girl who has consensual intercourse with his/her fifteen year old girl/boyfriend IS a paedophile... where do we stand on that issue ??
That is how the law sees it and that is how the boy/girl would be treated if the law were to be as strict as you claim it should be....
It is a very grey area and at what point would you deem somebody to be a paedophile??
There are many 14 year olds who are mature enough to make decisions about their sexuality and conversely many 17 year olds who are nowhere near that level of sensibility..
What would be your cut off points for convicting a paedophile? At what age can someone be convicted of paedophilia ? How would you feel if two kids committed the same crime on the same person but because one kid was a day younger than the other, that one was let off and the other was executed????

It's such a horrible crime and so emotive it is impossible to be objective about the perpetrators of such things...

OT can you imagine all the other problems caused by publicising the paedophiles whereabouts... Property prices would plummet... people would move away from areas that had known Paedophiles in their midst and eventually you would end up with little Paedophilic communities ..How dangerous would that be.....??
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2009 7:06:16 PM
Paedophiles should never be free in society - end of. Some people are a risk through disability, they genuinely have no awareness they are doing anything wrong and hopefully they will be very strictly monitored - as in the cases I am aware about. Then there are the bankers, lawyers, laymen, drivers - whoever. The ones who KNOW they are doing wrong and do it to satisfy their own sick depravations.

Our children are our future, they should be protected at all costs. Parents, society can only protect if they can see the risk. Police, Social Workers etc can see the risk but are not allowed to publicise it.

Depraved individuals should never be seen on our streets again once they are convicted. And yes, I would press the button, be the hangman, throw the first stone - happily, no. That's not my nature, but to protect our kids - damned right I would.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 4:07:14 PM
recall a bunch of chavs outing some guy who had served his sentence, the police had him under surveillance, but thanks to the chavs scaring him so much, he ran away, out of contact with the police and un-monitored.....

same sort of guys who attacked a paediatrician who had his profession on his house door and being chavs they gave up after paed...almost right :)

CC seems a good idea, if there is no sexual urge, then I guess no sexual thoughts or actions, getting them to take it all the time is the challenge
 MikeWM
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:38:01 PM
Actually I dont agree with this at all, I think its a ridiculous idea and one that is really just designed to maintain the constant state of paranoia and fear that modern government relies on to get away with whatever they want to do

If there is any "risk" from a paedophile then they shouldnt be released in the first place

If on the other hand there isnt for what ever reason any risk, then theyre no longer a paedophile, so something like this becomes ridiculous

Either theyre safe to be let back into society or they arent, which negates this as a sane and rational activity

At the very most ankle bracelets might be a decent idea, but IMO the general public doesnt and shouldnt have this information if a person is deemed by the courts to be safe for release back into society

As for the chemical castration thing from what I have read its effective.

I think the idea that its a "psychological" problem has far more to do with the limitations of the average person to think logically and objectively where certain topics are concerned, this being one of them

So claiming its purely "psychological" kind of sidesteps any need for rational thought on a topic most people couldnt be rational about if their life depended on it

I think the psychological element itself isnt that different from homosexuality or transgenderism in that their brains are genetically malformed in a way that makes all three groups have as the object of their sexual attraction something that is in a biological sense "abnormal" as it has nothing at all to do with the propogation of the species.

Where this particular cross wiring in the brain is concerned however and due to its nature we "need" to be able to seperate it from the other two, So rather than viewing it in a similar manner to any other deviation from a normal healthy sexual attraction or the other two non normal ones this particular one is presented as "purely psychological" so it can then be viewed and reacted to in a wholly different manner because the nature of the attraction means that most reasonable people want and need to react to it differently to how we have been conditioned to homosexuals or transgender folks which would be harder without some form of separation

Personally though, if it was a condition of release and the offender was required to give consent I would prefer to see actual castration rather than the chemical form. As well as perhaps treatment to lower testosterone levels too all topped off with an ankle bracelet to track movements

But if all that was carried out I dont think its a good idea to have any public notification at all, as the average person in the street tends to be lacking in the ability to think objectively or rationally on average. And being able to handle such information and react in a rational and reasonable manner is going to be beyond the cognitive capabilities of the average TV brainwashed objectivity devoid media junky
 MikeWM
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 5:05:20 PM

The courts have deemed many paedophiles safe for release only for them to go on and committ more abuse

That still isnt a good case for letting the unwashed majority have "grown up" information though, its just a sign that the current conditions and precautions for release arent sufficient

I would also imagine that loads HAVE been released without ever reoffending too, but they obviously wont make headline news will they

Does anyone know if women can be chemically castrated in anyway? Or would we have to keep female paedos locked up forever?
 MikeWM
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 5:19:19 PM
Post 171, I think you just made the point being outlined in post 168 farm more effectively than 168 actually did

Your post is why ordinary folks arent cognitively capable of handing such information and still behaving in a rational and civilised manner

And what if it was a female paedophile? Would you be equally inclined towards giving them what they "deserve"?

As for the last sentence, I read it half a dozen times and still couldnt quite figure out what you were trying to say

How does the label of paedophile "absolve" anyone?

And since when has someone being given that labelled been claimed to mean people should take the attitude they can act how they wish?

That sentence didnt seem to make any sense at all
 MikeWM
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 5:34:06 PM
I'm fairly sure you can get on there for taking a piss in a public place too, and someone where I used to live was stuck on it for rushing out the house in his boxer shorts to chase off kids trying to nick his car

I think there shouldnt be a "sex offienders" register, there should be various registers each titled based on the deed like a child molesters list, a rapists list etc etc as that would have many benefits over the "catch all" list at the moment

But I think one of the reasons for a collective list is that it keeps people more paranoid and scared, saying theres 20 thousand "sex offenders" on the list is far scarier than having to say theres 2 thousand paedos, 2 thousand rapists and 16 thousand people who mooned somebody while they were pissed or who took a piss up an alley outside a night club

And paranoia is the grease for many political wheels nowadays
 MikeWM
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 5:00:21 AM
Heres a what if

Lets suppose for a moment that every paedos whereabouts were known, and the people in the area that didnt move were more careful with their kids

Two things are still going to be the case, in areas with no paedos anyone who hasnt committed a crime YET will still live there unknown to the residents, but as theres no paedos in that area then parents will be being "less" careful

Also, the "known" paedos wouldnt be likely to get a kid in an area where everyone knows who and what they are, so what would they do? Simple, they will just drive a few miles to where parents are lapse because its a no paedo zone and where nobody would know who they are and grab a kid from there instead

So if people who still pose a risk are in society then knowing who and where they are really doesnt help much.

Its also totally inneffective for protecting against any paedo who hasnt offended or been caught YET either

So the second instance would suggest parents are ALWAYS careful to the extent they would be if they KNEW there was one living nearby, because even if they dont know that somebody who has never been caught or hasnt even acted on their desires YET might be their next door nieghbour for all they know

As for the first instance though, the current proceedure would "appear" to be inneffective so either they need to decide theyre incureable and keep them locked up permanently once identified OR find something that guarantees theyre no more risk, in which case nobody has any right nor need to know where theyre living

If though as a society we are taking the line that they have some form of "mental illness" that makes them do this so it can be distanced from homosexuality and other non majoritive sexual preferences then it should be treated like any other mental illness including women who beat their kids to death because of an illness or neglect them for the same reason and they should be kept institutionalised UNTIL deemed safe to return to society or just labelled as incureable and medicalised permanently

Its retarded to on the one hand claim they arent "right in the head" but then on the other hand to blather on about punishing them as though they WERE completely sane
 Bodiesroadie
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:02:41 AM

I worked in my later yrs in childcare with the victims of these monsters .
So give me the tools if its proven beyound all doubt id have no emotion in castrating him and remo0ving his arms myself .]/quote]

If you've worked in this field you must surely know some of these "monsters" are women.
 Bodiesroadie
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:46:25 AM

So I suppose it all comes down to whether people want vengeance or justice?

'People' want vengeance....a civilized society wants justice.
 stonecastle
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 11:35:39 AM
No or else there would be a massive increase in murders by vigilantes if their addresses were published. And what if mistakes over things like exact address of the person were made it would mean many innocent people being attacked and even killed.
 stonecastle
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 12:40:58 PM
There are often wrongful convictions by the way in all crimes! That is one of the reasons that the addresses of these people should remain secret. It has been estimated for example that up to ten per cent of people in prison could be innocent of the crime for which they were convicted.
 MikeWM
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 2:05:22 PM

The bond between a parent and child means that, for most, they would lay down their own life for their child

Dont you mean "some" parents?

Have you managed to live in a bubble that has stopped you ever hearing of the vast amounts of parents (male and female) who sexually abuse, neglect, beat and even kill their kids then?

Never heard of Munchausens by proxy?

Parental alienation syndrome?

Parents are just "people" with kids, not some magically different species incabable of any despicable treatment of either their own kids OR other peoples kids. And theyre far from being an insignificantly miniscule proportion of child abusers as a whole
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Paedophiles...Should We Be Publicising Their Whereabouts?