Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Snakes Alive!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Summer must be coming,the bobtails are out in force and I saw the first snake track out the front of the house yesterday! I get asked all the time from people overseas about our deadly snakes but I dont know anyone thats been bitten!
Ever been bitten or know someone who has?
 tisme_susan
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 10/15/2006 6:35:04 PM
You wouldn't want to visit Queensland then jumpup, we have huntsmen spiders here as big as your hand, and they love to visit too
 tisme_susan
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 10/16/2006 2:38:31 PM
Huntsman spiders although they are big, hairy and ugly, aren't dangerous (apparantly), just scary looking. Good to have in the house for mossies etc...but i'd rather have the mossies... My daughter tried to spray once, it wouldn't die...but it did start to chase her, it was hilarious to watch I sneak up on them and suck them up with the vacuum cleaner...
 sparticuss
Msg: 4
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 10/17/2006 6:48:36 AM
One of the security guards at work was bitten a few years ago. He was down near the back gate and the hospital was just over the road so he just opend the gate and took himself in to the hospital.

The converstaion.
- You'll have to wait in line sir till the nurse can see you
- The hell I will . I've just been bitten by a snake.
- Ohhh! Thats serious. Did you get a good look at the snake.
- Yea sure.
- And what did it look like
- (Upending his bag) Like this.

Vrooooommmm Empty queue

- Hey come back. Its allright. It's dead.
 tisme_susan
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:02:42 PM
Eeek, redbacks, haven't seen any around my house thank goodness. I'm just waiting for the huntsman I know they don't hurt, but they are sooooooo ugly and hairy
 tisme_susan
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:26:54 AM
Omg barking spiders, if one barked at me, i'd faint.... Caves you're as bad as my son, if he sees a spider in the house, he runs to his room and locks the door....as if that would help Mind you he's nearly 19, and 6'3. I have to deal with all the creepy crawlies
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:47:10 AM
Reminded of a funny story with all this talk about redback spiders....Years ago I was working at my uncles farm down south driving the header during harvest.A neighbouring farmer was making trips in his truck to pick up loads of lupins I was harvesting and I got talking to him.Really nice bloke,salt of the earth type dressed pretty much in rags though he was probably loaded.Anyway,late one afternoon he told me that he would pick up his last load the next morning,so I was surprised to see him return an hour later.
'I thought you were coming back tommorrow'
'Nah Mike,I just got bitten by a bloody redback in the shed so I reckon I might pull up a bit crook in the morning!'
Really nice bloke....no brains though lol!!
 tisme_susan
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Snakes Alive!!
Posted: 11/1/2006 1:14:23 PM
Where I used to work near the airport, every now and again a snake or two would venture out from the wetlands to do a bit of sunbaking....nothing like having a couple of snakes as lunch guests
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Snakes Alive!!