Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > what if a guy wants to move in right off the bat after meeting you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoneside
Msg: 2
what if a guy wants to move in right off the bat after meeting youPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I'd say you found a homeless guy. lol
Don't chat with him anymore.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 5
what if a guy wants to move in right off the bat after meeting you
Posted: 10/16/2006 2:00:39 PM
Oh dear. I dated one man for about 10 days when he said "Well, I'm just going to pretend we are married, that is the only way I'll feel secure." Didn't see him again. Scccaaarrry!! Moving in together that suddenly, no way. You'd have an easy time getting him to move in, getting him to move out would be an entirely different thing. Yikes!!
 belly18dancer
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/16/2006 2:44:05 PM
hmmm...is he a citizen of the US? does he have his own place to live or is his current gf/wife about to kick his butt out?

run run run away fast
 t-gurl
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/16/2006 3:01:15 PM
5 hrs? 5 days,5 weeks or even 5 months is way too early to even entertain the thought of moving in together. Run away as fast as you can.
 icunow7
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2006 6:27:32 PM
I think it's pretty scary that you're even asking the question!
 Witchypoo
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/16/2006 6:28:45 PM
For me I would see that as a major red flag, way too soon for my tastes. I'd rather get to know somebody really well before I ever lived with them. 5 hours later is just a little too soon for me.

:))
Witchy
 PlaynWithDummies
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/16/2006 6:40:34 PM
bwahahhahahhahahahahahhaahhaha......

ok what is the punchline?
 wergund
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/16/2006 7:20:28 PM
Axe Murderer. That's my bet. Nice knowin' ya!
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/16/2006 8:23:10 PM
what if a guy wants to move in right off the bat after meeting you...

the stalker just got as close as he (she) can get

a perfect 'sign' telling you to keep them far FAR away!
 I_Am_Suchafnlady
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2006 9:52:00 PM
THANK YOU for saying this......Why would a grown azz woman ask a dumb azz question like this. I ain't mad at him.......SHE is the one with issues for not cussing him out as soon as he formed his mouth to ASK!!!!!!!!!!! Lord have mercy woman....you make it bad for the rest of us. GEEZZZZZZ!
 I_Am_Suchafnlady
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2006 9:54:08 PM
Now THAT'S funny. LOL
 Natscha
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/17/2006 10:32:48 AM
what if you met someone who after 5 hours was talking about moving in with you.saying that he has feelings for you and so on.do you take this seriously or am i just emotionally closed off.

Closed off?? Maybe to oxygen

Seriously, I'd freak if a guy start talking about moving in after 5 months... just hope I might be a little more open after five years.... but five friggin HOURS??? You wouldn't see me for dust

Stay away from that guy - if he does have a brain, he's using it to take advantage of you, if not, well I don't know how you feel about brainless men.

The biggest problem here is that you would even question whether there is something wrong with YOU. I would also wonder why this would not be a major turn off for you.

I'm sitting here hoping this was a joke and she's laughing her butt off somewhere.
Was thinking the same...
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/17/2006 10:37:12 AM
Being controversal as I can be at times . I am going to play devils advocate here. Maybe the guy truly has deep feelings toward you that go beyond lustful urges . True most great relationships are based on friendships . This could be the one that is truly a shooting star . That said if you do not have that type of feeling for the gent than all bets are off. But in cases where these relationships might have happened [ i am sure they have]. Who are we to judge . Some may have flourished some may have not
 Natscha
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/17/2006 10:44:13 AM
Devil's advocate! Even if he were to have been totally love struck and fallen in love at first sight... and whatever, you do not meet a woman and the same day talk about moving in with her... that is totally and utterly crazy. He could also be some total weirdo of a nutcase taking advantage of an innocent, soft-hearted woman. RUN lady RUN!

BTW, are you REALLY the Devil's advocate because you're doing an excellent job
 who_the_fox
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/18/2006 1:30:13 PM

I'd say you found a homeless guy. lol
Don't chat with him anymore.

There is nothing more to say.
 Natscha
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/19/2006 6:50:21 AM
But, unless you learn to let those shields down, you will never be able to
recognize love, when you are lucky enough to find it again. Walls are very good at
keeping things out,
but they can't differentiate. They keep out EVERYTHING.
Pain, sorrow, sadness, but also joy, happiness & Love.

Yeah Michaelann, and some walls keep freaks out appartment walls for example! Doesn't it strike you as a tad .... even a TAD **inappropriate** (putting it mega-mildly) that a man even CONSIDERS moving in with a woman five hours after meeting her?

If the guy suddenly fell in love with the woman, wouldn't he want to romance her, get to know her, get close to her, yes... even dream about her... why would one of his first objectives (after 5 hours of meeting her), be to LIVE with the lady... whether he's homeless or not, he's definitely lacking something vital to mental health... this is NOT normal behaviour!!

I think you know what is really in your heart

I don't, but I certainly hope if you desire to stay with this guy, you'll follow your head instead.

It's easy to be objective, when it ain't you!

Exactly, and we ain't you, so follow our heads instead!

And as for Mike919etc!

Nobody ever said he's not "the one", did they? Huh? You're reading much too deeply into these here posts
 Natscha
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/19/2006 2:26:50 PM
mike919etc., Calm down mister get-your-knickers-in-a-knot

Actually, I was joking!

Well, what a coincidence... so was I! I don't just go sticking winks anywhere you know... don't you recognize sarcasm? *bloody men*

but I'll give you this: You're right about that stick

PS: Of course I was saying, no... I was screaming: "he's not the one"!
 Natscha
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/20/2006 3:22:18 AM

This guy KNOWS you have a weak spot, and he is wasting no time with it.

Absofriggenlutely!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/20/2006 6:36:55 AM
If you have only talked to him on the computer or phone, and he is serious, I agree with everyone else, block him and stop talking to him. He is nuts.

If he isn't serious about really moving in that fast, and just said that to make the point that he is really attracted to you, just move at a pace you are comfortable with and see where it goes.

If a man talked about moving in with me that fast, I would say something, like let's at least wait until we meet in person. His reaction would determine if I did want to try to meet him. I would hope he would say something, like I was just kidding. If he kept pushing the idea I would most likely freak out and block him/hang up on him.
 Natscha
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:19:24 AM
Wow, this may have been an online meeting... that never once occurred to me. 5 hours talking online, and he wants to move in...

how do i tell him no i think its to soon

You could try: "Don't you think it's a little too soon - perhaps we should wait till tomorrow"

Kidding, of course... discovered recently I should make that clear

I don't know what to say imjustme, I really think you need to talk to someone (a counsellor). I'm NOT being a smartass here, but your response to this situation is really quite strange & such an attitude leaves you and your children very vulnerable. I think you need to learn about personal boundaries because if you didn't know how to say no to a stranger who wanted to move in with you after 5 hours, then I can't imagine you saying no at all! Really, you should talk to someone!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:46:18 AM
what if you met someone who after 5 hours was talking about moving in with you.saying that he has feelings for you and so on.do you take this seriously or am i just emotionally closed off.

I'd ask them what their therapist thought, and if they didn't have one I would recommend one. Few people even come to my house to visit, let alone move in. However even for a normal person I would say that's nuts.

And I wouldn't tell him it's too soon, because that would entail actually talking to him again. RUN!!
 I_Am_Suchafnlady
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 10:04:13 AM
mike....toooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!! You should take that show on the road dawg!!!
 gessie
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2006 1:08:32 PM
That's crap, sounds like this guy is thinking with his head but not the one on his shoulders:) OR he could be a freeloader, I would get rid of him real fast!
 *buzz*
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 11:50:41 AM
RIGHT off the bat?! Ahhh ... that gear would be swiftly changed!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/16/2006 12:56:03 PM
The holidays are coming, maybe we should all take in one "willing to move in fast" person until January for good will? Nahhh bad idea.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > what if a guy wants to move in right off the bat after meeting you