Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Russian women with US citizenship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 southbayjim
Msg: 1
Russian women with US citizenshipPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I have had several relationships with Russian women who used their 1st husbands for citizenship. Those guys appear to be big fools, but I would assume that there are probably some relationships that worked out. The Russian women I dated had citizenship thanks to husband #1 and were looking for husband #2 to get them bigger and better things. They want to get from point A to point B in the quickest time. My experiences have been that they are very manipulative and for all practical purposes just gold-digging. They don't look you in the eye when talking with you. They will always expect the guy to foot the bill...which is OK with me, but most American women will at least treat their boyfriends for a lunch once in a while.

On the other hand they can appear to be very passionate and loving, but it's not sincere. I figure the fact that they married husband #1 just for citizenship is basically a form of prostitution, and once they enter that arena there is probably no turning back.

My advice is PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

That's my 2 cents.
 southbayjim
Msg: 2
Russian women with US citizenship
Posted: 10/18/2006 8:44:22 PM
Apparently you can not read. Several does not mean all.

You are probably a lonely, bitter person who has nothing else to do but insult people you don't know.

Oh well. Not my problem.
 obviousman
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/5/2006 12:10:12 AM
Gee, I was husband number one for an american woman so she could get her house, then she went for husband number two with a higher income. So are all women the same? LOL! OP, stop dating russian prostitutes. There are plenty of nice russian women out there, you just seem to attract the gold diggers.
 Carnation66
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/5/2006 10:58:00 AM
You are right. You must be very careful when corresponding with ladies from the former Soviet Union. Many of them are scam artist.
 *buzz*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2006 11:19:48 AM
Very well said 'cudsankisses'!

OP: How easy is to point a finger rather than start from having a super close look in the mirror!
 nightfly
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/5/2006 12:12:44 PM
Lots of the russian girls kept their russian email addresses simply to avoid having multiple emails to check. I know quite a few who live here now and still use .ru addresses.
 Smjle
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/5/2006 1:41:18 PM
Take this post with a grain of salt. Most likely it is some kind of social or political statement. Consider the odds of meeting and dating a Russian woman that married and divorced an American citizen. Then multiply those odds by themselves several times.
 studplayrico
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2006 8:57:48 PM
I want a Russian friend. They are gorgeous!!!!
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:39:10 PM

it's no wonder that Americans of both genders, when we finally do seek a spouse, have to turn to foreigners

Not sure where you're getting the idea that there's some gender equality thing going on here...

My inquiry into the mail order husband trade ... demonstrated that it’s practically nonexistent in the commercial realm. ... Other than [a] gay-oriented site (which obviously won’t work for heterosexual women), there’s no trace of a commercial mail order husband industry. ... Apparently the demand among Western women for husbands from abroad is minimal, or the women who are seeking foreign husbands don’t want the mail order kind.
- http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/27496/mail_order_husbands.html

From what I understand, some of the businesses in the trade tried offering mail order husbands, but droppod it due to lack of demand.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:09:01 PM
OP...Here is the thing that realllllllly gets under my skin. Why do men complain AFTER the relationship has ended?

You mentioned that she married husband # 1 for citizenship did she tell you that or are you assuming? because either way you're a fool. Surely if you knew this about her PRIOR to getting into a relationship then you're a fool for expecting her to treat you any different...If you didn't know but only ASSUME that this is the case than once again you're being foolish...
 kiev95
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/30/2009 10:39:52 PM
stop dating russian women
 kiev95
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/30/2009 10:48:31 PM
and folks keep in mind: only old loosers are looking for a woman in a foreign country. a guy who is successfull in US would find a woman here.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/31/2009 4:36:03 AM

and folks keep in mind: only old loosers are looking for a woman in a foreign country. a guy who is successfull in US would find a woman here.

What a stupid thing to type. I am currently dating a Russian woman. Does she want Canadian citizenship. Maybe, and so what! Why shouldn't she be able to seek both: a man she loves, and home that is safe and allows her to persue her career?

People, kindly park your negative attitude about Russians. Most of you really don't have a clue what you're talking about. OP, did it ever occur to you that the idiot was actually the first husband? Perhaps, he lied, gave her a false sense of hope, and then was later discovered for what he really was, so this woman smartly divorced him. So often this is exactly what happens to these Russian brides. THEY are duped, led to believe that this Western man has something real to offer her, only to discover that he is actually and idiot.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 5:50:08 AM
I have only had one encounter with a Russian women. She did want the money, she was divorced from husband number one and was looking for number two. She met her first husband who owned a once very successful mexican resturant which failed due to over extending finaces, she did have expensive taste for the budget she was on, forign saab car, clothing, ect which could of been booty from the first marrage. I met her in at social group meeting, she was older than me but attractive. We dated a few times, she made it clear to me she was looking for a rich guy, I knew I had no chance with this women due to my income but decided to have fun regardless during this interm while she preparing to pass her real estate licensing exam. She did use others, I knew I was being used so I figured why not go along to understand the workings of such a person. When we went out to lunch she insisted on an expensive place and didnt consider paying for her own meal but me footing the entire bill. The second date I took her to a car show cause it was free and cause she liked antique and clasic cars, kept things on budget. The last and final date was she used me to help her pass her real estate exam. I was good at math and test taking and she needed someone to help quiz her cause the test was coming up. Needless to say after she got her real estate license that week, she never called after that date. Two months later she informed me she found what she was looking for a really wealthy guy she sold a home to. He had a son and worked on wall street and planed to soon move in with them.
She admitted to me she wanted all the stuff she had when in Russia, apparently her parents were wealthy and came from a wealthy household back there. She couldnt do it on her own so was intrested in being in an enviornment to meet wealthy guys, she started selling homes and the area she was selling them was to affluent people, she made her score. She was attractive and used her physical assets to get what she wanted.
I dont know if all Russian women are this way, and I would say there not, but some are. Just like any individual who aspires for more on the back of others they exist and always will.
I think the thing is to remember people in general want good things for themselves and and thier life, if they can do it on thier own they will, if they cant they will either struggle or find someone that can give them what they are looking for.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/31/2009 8:33:24 AM
Sam, it sounds to me like you found yourself a very honest Russian woman. Nothing whatsoever wrong with what she did. She set a goal, achieved her goal, and did so honestly. It sounds to me like she is a woman who seeks a man who matches her own career ambitions. Nothing wrong with this.

My own girlfriend sees my income potential, but accepts me now with little money as I acquire the education I need to succeed. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with a woman being attracted to an existing or potentially successful man. I wouldn't expect her to stick around if I fail indefinately. She deserves a quality life. Successful people confront failure and turn it into success. Why would she stick around if I can't do this in my own life? Is she a gold digger if I fail? No. She wants her future children to grow up healthy and comfortable. Russian or not, I think this applies to all mature women.
 damassteel
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 12:48:25 PM
I've got LOT'S of experience with Russian women and the Russian community. I was married to a Russian woman for 18 years and we had a daughter. My wife was as good as gold and as talented and hardworking as they come. However, I had several Russian GF's after her passing and they in NO way live up to the standard she set. Every negative sterotype possible was embodied at some point by one or all of them. They've a reputation for being calculating and users of men. I saw a great deal of this. Mind you I'm a fluent Russian speaker and am/was completely incorporated into the russian community, so I got the "insider's view"of things. It's well understood even by their community, that there are women within it that are just plain scammers and gamers.
Of course not all are, as my own experience shows, but I believe The Russian community here and elsewhere has more than their fair share. Where there's smoke there's fire. Many stereotypes have an actual basis in reality.
 colt8301
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/31/2009 1:30:49 PM
lol, yeah you have to keep your eyes peeled dealing with any kind of women, doesn't matter where they are from, they are all the same and it's going to be that way forever. Now If russian women want to be golddiggers fine, as a matter of fact if all women wanted to be fake and golddiggers fine it's their choice and preference.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 1:50:19 PM
One additional comment, this "show me the money" individual, would not be considerd a women that would "stand by her man" but flee the scene as in "see you down the road jack, dont you come back no more more,no more". It was apparent when I heard she married guy#1 when he had the money and resturant but fleed when his luck went bad, lost the resturant and thier home. So for the present guy#2 sake he may have a rude awaking if the investment firm on wall street went belly up during the recent stock market jolt two years ago. The saying is very true "money cant buy me love" but it certianly can rent you things.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:26:52 AM
Yeah. I run into this as well. People like you who claim to be athletic and are hired by the pound. In US Dollars. I was adopted by an American family, And get this cupcake; I work, I pay my own bills, I live alone and I bet I am ten time smarter than you. And Husband #1 did not get me anything but bills thet HE managed to rack up.So, stop blaming "Russian woman" on your misfortunes. If you have a problem with a woman's Ethnic background, go find another one. How hard is it? And start being honest with yourself; I see a few areas of BS just from your profile, to stats , etc. If you are meeting those "type "of women, stop using mail order Bride's, get off your rear end and go meet women of substance. In your condition, you will not meet many. Anyone can be "corrupt" it does not take a certain ethniticity to be lame. Good grief.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/1/2009 11:51:14 AM
Frankly, I think just about any self respecting woman would dump a man who doesn't have his "'chicks' in a row". Her nationality is irrelavant. Consider for a moment that often Russian women come from a difficult past in their own country. They come to America hoping for a better quality life. They find a man, arrive in America, only to discover that he is in fact a loser. Of course she'll dump him. Hardly surprizing really. Man up guys. If you can't improve her quality of life, why should she keep you?

I give you 2 years and you will be back to tell us how you got ef'ed by your situation. LOL

I won't be ef'ed if I actually live up to the promise I've made. Actually, she has been living in the USA for seven years. If her goal were to marry for status, she would have done so years ago. She's a very attractive woman. There are many fools in the USA that she could have suckered by now. Instead, she choses to uproot herself from her 7 year home in the USA and come to Canada.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/1/2009 12:07:10 PM
"Draft notice ... "???? You're going to have explain that humor to me, please. BTW, I have only known her for 1.5 years of those 7.

I agree , and the best way to get them into canada,
Is to tell them their country needs them.

Ok, I get the humour now. As far as I know those americans who tried to escape the military were sent back to the USA. Canada didn't have much sympathy for them. One question: what does this have to do with a Russian citizen?
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/1/2009 12:48:37 PM

still I would be wary.

We'll soon find out. She will enter Canada on a student permit since she wants her masters degree anyhow. We'll marry only after she has been in Canada for a year. Canada immigration law is structured in such a way that she doesn't even need me or any other man to get status so long as she completes her degree and then finds a job relevant to her field.
 whoisi
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:13:57 AM
russian girls are tooo shallow.All of them.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:29:59 AM
A POST FROM A RUSSAIN WOMAN WITH A US CITIZENSHIP.....
First, many Russian women like to wear feminine close and guys like it. It is a cultural thing to leave a house looking "well done". E.g. Russian women may find unexeptable to go to a supermarket with no make up wearing XXL shirt. Obesity rate is much lower there, especially for women before menopuasal women.
Aka, it does captures guys attention. And some of them are good looking and do have a good financial position. American women won't miss such fish too, nor Brazilian, British and etc.
I knew only very very very who were marrying fo money. The rest got married men who either well -off or doing o.k. financially. However, their assets was never a motivation to marrige (with very small exceptions). Russain women are usually very family oriented (cultural thing) and they value household more than their carrers and man generally like it (those who also want LTR).
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:04:28 AM
op,
i think these relationships can work for a while, but sooner or later, the russian chick is going to become 'spoiled' much like her american counterpart...then all of a sudden, she's not so grateful! actually, i'm quite serious. a lot of the foreign women have had a tough time and are grateful...but they quickly become used to their new lifestyles... and on it goes!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Russian women with US citizenship