Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What Do you think about tatoos Sexy or a turn-off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vanillaroyale
Msg: 3
What Do you think about tatoos Sexy or a turn-off?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Nymbus, I don't really care for tattoos but that wouldn't stop me from seeing a guy who had some and the same would go for piercings. It may really depend on how many he had, where they were on his body and the quality of the tattoo. Hand done tattoos would be a bit offputting.

Cheers,

Candy
 Vanillaroyale
Msg: 10
What Do you think about tatoos Sexy or a turn-off?
Posted: 10/19/2006 1:13:39 PM
Well alright if this thread is a repeat. I'm new here so I haven't seen it before so thank you for posting it.

Candy
Enjoying the site
 belly18dancer
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/19/2006 3:58:45 PM
I've dated guys with tattoos...one or two is ok, when they get nuts with them, it's a bit much...the whole sleeve thing, doesn't look good to me...I'd rather see art hanging on a wall...i'm definitely not into all the photos of people, and virtual tombstones people put on their bodies to commerate some friend/relative's death...personally i think that's tacky, but to each his own

I will never get one...I don't like them for myself...I do henna which is not permanent...and i can change designs each time i do it
 todreamandbelieve
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/20/2006 6:45:58 AM
A part of me thinks they are sexy.... but it's not something I require and I think I prefer the just one cause I wanted it type variety ...or the I have several but they actually have meaning to them variety.
 GhostDancer
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:02:16 AM
I love tattoos on men. I love tattoos, in general. I don't mind sleeves or back pieces. The Enigma, a man who has his entire body covered in blue puzzle pieces, doesn't do a thing for me, though. If I wanted to go out with someone who looked like a smurf, I'd get a guy to wear a costume.
 Open Secret
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/6/2006 12:11:20 AM
The can be very attractive if tastefully done but I don't like them generally because they are too trendy now. They are so common now that it's like someone wearing a kind of pant... not really a big deal one way or another really but now I see it more of a sign of conformity than anti-conformity.
 redstarcookie
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/26/2007 9:48:45 PM
Nymbus,

I think tattoos are beautiful works of art - I don't have any and while I don't care to see someone covered from head to toe, I think a few are sexy. I really love wating the reality TV shows about tattoos and the reasons people get them. Sounds like you are just picking the wrong girls....keep looking, there is plenty out there that will like your tattoos.

Best of luck to you!
 finandfine
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:07:19 AM
Sorry but I have to side with your potential mates, as being disgusting and disfiguring to have tatoos, as well as a huge turn off....
 finandfine
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:52:48 PM
My earlier post
Sorry but I have to side with your potential mates, as being disgusting and disfiguring to have tatoos, as well as a huge turn off....

Okay okay stop with all the e-mails already. Because of my earlier post. My mailbox has been on overload, asking so you won't have anything to do with me or even talk to me because I have a tattoo..

So let me clear this up, even though I think tattoos are disgusting and disfiguring and a turn off, that does not mean I will not except that in you.

That's a choice you made in your past life, I can accept it as long as it's nicely done. But here's the catch, if you were my date or my lover. I would hope at least you'd asked me how I would feel, about you getting one, or another one, I would tell you I'd rather you not, and hope you would reconsider.

I am certainly not going to judge you are condoned you are consider you not an option, most certainly not. I didn't think such a small post would start such a commotion. But hey, I loved all the e-mails, but enough is enough

Arnold
 Cynderella
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 12:12:06 AM

I got dressed and walked out on her

Awww what a very sad reason to walk out on the one you are making love with.
A mark on the skin does not change the heart.
 rubywednesday
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2007 12:57:58 PM
In general if a guys has lots of highly visible tatoos then I find this a complete turn off. Some small tatoos are OK.

This would not stop me talking to a guy though - and if the man of my dreams turns out to have tatoos - then if he is the one, they will be part of him and be fully accepted!

After all you do not choose who you fall in love with or what they look like...and you accept them for who and what they are!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What Do you think about tatoos Sexy or a turn-off?