Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anything like this ever happened to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nipoleon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Has anything like this ever happened to you?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm wondering if, when the dead beat dad decides to leave again ( and he will ), if she will ask you to come back ?
 dogar2007
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Posted: 10/21/2006 8:39:13 AM
I'm so sorry you got mistreated terribly, whcih you did. Too bad that woman was CRAZY enough to take back the deadbeat, absent sperm donor over someone who wanted to be a real father.

I disagree that a lot of women would have made this same lousy choice. Most women are more interested in a real father than just a biological father.

Too bad for those poor kids, especially.
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/21/2006 10:54:05 AM
theres two kinds of women... the twit and the non-twit

guess which she was?
 ISORealismNOTPerfection
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/22/2006 7:29:53 AM
My children are older but I do wonder since the children were that young, if you and she realized just what the consequences could be should the father return? Since they were they young did it seem to be a rebound thing on her part when it came to being in a relationship with you? My children were young when I went thru my divorce, I have to add there was no way back then I would have had a man move in with me. Time is what one needs after a break up and since the children were that young, it doesn't sound like either of you took time. My children are much older, it has been just us for a long time, but I can say without a doubt should Mr Right come along, my children would understand, because they are older, they want to see me with someone who I can love and be loved in return. Single moms are nothing to be afraid of, it just depends on the circumstances, etc. Sounds like in your situation neither of you took the time to think things thru, realistically, it sounds as if she might have been on the rebound. I understand you got attached to the children, completely understandable, however it sounds like she is young & maybe clingy and feels she is need of someone. If the father walked away from those babies once, chances are he will do it again and she will be looking for a replacement until he gets his act together again, and the cycle continues. He will be back, the other guy, out... a few months later, well you get the idea. Best of luck to you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anything like this ever happened to you?