Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ponygrl™
Msg: 7
Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?Page 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
i'm hoping to meet someone and possibly go out on a date but it seems to me that no one is interested in me.

no one to love, no one to care...
loneliness is growing, and a heart to spare.
for the way i've been feeling every day...
my heart seems like it's running, running astray.

just another one of my shorties..............sorry, i don't have a name for it.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 9
Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?
Posted: 10/22/2006 11:43:33 AM
the furthest i would get with anyone from here is chat in yahoo, email here, told that a friend would join a few friends and myself bowling, then blocked (by yet another for no reason). all i did was talked to him a few times, asked him if he would like to join my brother, a friend, and myself bowling, he said yes then i haven't heard anything from him. oh well, it's his loss and right now, no ones gain....i'm really getting tired of this. no flowers, no nothing...........not even a walk in the park, let alone a phone call.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/22/2006 12:10:45 PM
maybe not, i really am thinking about just sitting back.....only talk to my favs in email....i dunno?
 ponygrl™
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/22/2006 11:35:32 PM
hey jacka, how's this??????

THE BOOTY CALL AGREEMENT

This Booty Call Agreement (here in after referred to as the agreement)
is entered into on the _____29th________ day of __feb______ 2006,
by _________________________, between __________________
and ________________________. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL COVER
THE FOLLOWING RULES AND PRINCIPLES.

1. No sleeping over--- unless it is very good and we need to repeat it in the morning. always in the morning baby....

2. No meeting in public except for dinner or drinks before the events of the evening. don't forget the coffee or my tea in the morning.

3. No calls before 9 PM-- we don`t have sh!t to talk about. but in that case...then don't call me before 9pm. i'll also just have to call ya at 9pm and keep ur ass on the phone all nite.

4. None of that "lovemaking" sh!t-- only mind blowing sex allowed. bend over baby and assume the position.............something u might be familiar with jacka...lol

5. No emotional discussions -- Ex: Where are we heading with this? Do you love me? The answer to this is no, so don`t ask. you can ask me if i love you, just don't ask me if i'm in love with ya....

6. No plans made in advance -- that is why you are called the "backup", unless you are from out of town, then it`s only a one time advance arrangement. who really makes plans every time i make them the never go through anyway.

7. All gifts accepted -- money is always good. cash, flowers, and jewelery for me plz.

8. No baby talk -- however, dirty talk is encouraged. you blew it there, i love guys talking to me sweet and dirty.

9. No asking for comparisons with former lovers -- it`s really none of your d*mn business. i'd be the best one u ever had babe.

10. No calling each other "friends with privileges" -- we are not friends, just sex buddies. ur just my fb

11. Calling out the wrong name during sex is OK -- don`t be offended. that's something i never did.

12. No extra clothing -- I don`t want your ass leaving anything behind when you leave. well the i better just have my fishnet thigh highs, my heals, my thongs, and my rabbit fur on then huh?

13. No falling asleep right after sex -- it`s over, so get your ass up and go home. you're the one that's gonna be falling asleep on me.

14. Don`t be offended if I don`t ask if you enjoyed it -- I don`t care. oh, now that is something that you would ask me.

15. You cannot borrow my car for any reason. and no one drives my car.

16. If anyone asks who you are, the standard responce will be: "My roommate`s girlfriend/boyfriend." with a wink in your eye too right?

17. Doggie style preferred --I just wanna hit it hard and right! you think?

18. Reason for doggie style -- the less eye contact the better. I don`t want to look at you, just **** you. you would just love to look in my green eyes.

19. We hook up absolutely whenever the mood strikes ME -- so don`t keep calling. lol, i don't even call my ex b/f what makes you think that i'm going to be doing the calling....he calls me all the time, i just don't go and you would be the same way.

20. The most important one -- Carry your ass home. Don`t call me, I`ll call you! like i said in 19, you're going to do all of the calling everyday.....

*** EXTRA TIP FOR SUCCESSFUL BOOTY CALLS*** the aforementioned rules may only be altered by the holder of the agreement. If the other party attempts to change or alter any terms of this agreement, it will automatically become null and void and you will then be removed from the BOOTY CALL LIST and deleted from phone memory and email list BLOCKED from all communications until your silly ass understands the rules.

Participating partner:

Signature: ______________ponygrl________________.

Date: __________________________________________
now you can read that and weep, oh and bite me babe.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/23/2006 9:32:37 AM
did jacka close his account?
 Microchip
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/23/2006 1:43:14 PM
It's all supply & demand. If you have what they want, and there aren't many others "out there" that do, then you will be at the top of the food chain, so to speak. If there are too many people "out there" that have what the seekers want, then you may never be noticed. Don't take that personally.

A lot of this has to do with where you live, too.

And if you're not getting many dates, don't despair. You just MAY be saving yourself a lot of time, money, and grief. To wit:

I moved to Pennsylvania six months ago. Since then, I have been out with nine different gals. Just to share:
#1 moved shortly after we met, so we had only one date.
#2 didn't seem like she was too impressed with me. That's okay; everyone isn't for everyone.
#3- On the second date, she told me flat out that she wasn't attracted to me. Okay again, so be it.
#4- We had a three-month relationship. She could never go anywhere because she had a dog at home. I got bored, so I moved on.
#5- This one had LOTS of anger toward her husband, with whom she was separated. I bolted; she wan't ready for dating.
#6- She lied on her profile. She wasn't really a "few" extra pounds. She was "quite a few". Didn't she think I would notice when we met? I just wasn't physically attracted to her.
#7- She still wanted to play. I told her go ahead, but without me.
#8 moved here from Chicago. A few short weeks later, she reconciled with her husband and moved back. It was very nice while it lasted.
#9- She told me she was 46. When I met her, she had WHITE hair! (In her picture, her hair was black). She reminded me of someone's grandmother!

The pay sites attract more people simply because they have a much larger base of people. The bottom line is that whether you go to a pay site or a free one, don't expect too much; then you will never be disappointed. Then, when it finally happens, you will be pleasantly surprised. I am not giving up, nor will I settle for less than I want.

Just my 2 cents.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/23/2006 2:32:06 PM

It's not much, but's it's the thought that counts. Hang in there Pony, you're a great person and I'm sure you will find the one you're looking for.

thank you kinky but it's not just what i'm looking for, it's more the less is he actually out there looking for me?
 ponygrl™
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/24/2006 3:33:27 AM
I'm looking too and not having any luck.
I'm about to give up.

first off pat, you have to use the search option that everyone is given and start emailing people out there don't just rely on guys here in the posts. secondly...and most important...do not push yourself on anyone. everyone sees how you make hints to people ie. "i wish i could have been there", "i would like to go fishing with you". you have to stop that.

there are reasons unknown why i haven't found anyone on he hasn't found me yet but guys see the way you are hun and they don't like that. there is also the fact that you can't get around much, mainly during the day is when you like to go out, some guys would rather meet in the evening or at a mall or something, they don't always like to do things during the day because either they're busy or working. now, i'm not saying that to get you mad or upset with me but everyone sees it. don't be so pushy as to what you wish or would like to do, if they're interested in you then they would make a suggestion to you about a meeting. i'm sorry to say it here but i did let you know in private before and you don't seem to listen or want to listen. i'm just trying to give you a little sisterly advise, no punt intened.

big g..........i would never pay a dating site, not now, not ever.......i'm glad i was told about this site. as for people and their profiles, yeah you're right, they should have pics and keep everything updated. and as for people and their honesty, well you find some that are honest in their posts and their profiles but when you meet them in person they're completely opposite of how they say that they are. you just have to keep your eyes and ears open and look and listen to everyone and everything around you.

pat's a single woman, very nice, why don't you give her a shout.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/24/2006 3:48:13 AM
don't you dare remove your profile............. you have to start looking at the options that the site gives you. you are well liked here, but you have to back off on things like i said. don't be too pushy like i previously said. now, if you remove your profile then i'm also losing a sister and so are the other girls in here. you better stay, after all, who told me not to close out?
 ponygrl™
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/24/2006 6:17:41 AM
well i'm up here in the sticks with the hicks........i tell people where i'm at and they say that i'm too far. one guy here is not too far from me, but he and i are friends here.
 Eighthmoon
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:09:31 PM
CRZY--

[Deep down, I kept thinking that something is wrong with me since I am the "common denominator" in any and all relationships.]

Oh, do I HEAR you!! But, from my limited "online" dating experiences, I can tell you for sure that you're doing all the right things---maybe just practice for when you will be appreciated for having manners, courtesy, consideration, respect and common sense. I will happily be part of your cheering section---BRAVO

Fee-based online dating sites are time/money wasters, for sure: Eharmony was kind enough to tell me that it may take a while to find a match, as my personality "fit" only 3% of the general population (gee.....thanks....and all this time I thought I was getting along with all kinds of people--silly me!) Match.com brought men to my life that could read, but apparently not comprehend--(duh...how many times did I say I was NOT going to sleep with someone I just met??)

So, I'm wondering, too ....I live in a tiny town on the Pennsylvania tundra, where the dating pool is pretty shallow unless you're willing to loosen your parameters to include the "married but 'fun' on the side" population... so, online seems to be a reasonable option. I think it's reasonable, anyhow...haven't had much on the plus side to go by yet , but the optimism still shines...
 TheObserver
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/24/2006 4:54:18 PM
Hey Pat, Just a suggestion, U could try PattiCakes. I dunno think I'm going to bed. I will call U 2morrow night. Audrey
 ponygrl™
Msg: 63
Is Anyone Seriously Looking 2 Meet & Date On Here...?
Posted: 10/25/2006 4:32:27 PM
awwww shucks flash, imma ready to give up on lookin' atleast for now....huntin' seasons commin' and ain't gonna be too many guys here.

and yes, i'm hoping that someone, anyone finds me.......but they have to agree 100% with my profile.
 Microchip
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/25/2006 5:55:24 PM

but they have to agree 100% with my profile{/quote]

See what I mean? There is NOTHING wrong with waiting for exactly what you want. I feel the same way.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/25/2006 10:24:19 PM
mc........do you know what i mean by that?

most people already know who i am, what i'm like, they know my likes and dislikes, hell some even remember all of my favorites but there are 2 things on there that are important to me. that's what i mean by agreeing 100% of my profile......................hurry, go look and see what i'm talking about.
 Microchip
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/26/2006 11:01:17 AM
No, Pony. I realize what you're talking about. I was lauding your comments.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:01:15 PM
No, Pony. I realize what you're talking about. I was lauding your comments.

mc........hmmm, now let's, go back and read everything in my profile then read back through all of my posts.......once you've done that email me....tell me what's so funny about it. someone had asked me to shorten my profile if i wanna find a man. NOT! i told that person why i'm not going to shorten it. i'm proud of the friends that i made when i 1st came to this site, i was badly hurt by some comments made to me not only in email but on the phone as well by a few guys on this site....that's why i have some updates in there. as a matter of fact, i think i should update it again as to the status of my business.....i'll make it even longer. i'm sure there is someone out there that's interested in my profile and my posts, he may be too shy to let me know.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 70
this is a friend sitedont think any body dose date on hear
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:37:45 PM
hey sweet,heart.............i'm sorry, i haven't received any new emails from anyone recently....could be my preferences but if they were interesed they should have left me know one way or the other. as a matter of fact, i don't remember getting any from you either *confused* sorry
 Wullis
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 4:45:01 PM
Was on a paid site, went out with a handful of women and learned the following: DON'T go out with women who say I don't want going out with me just for my looks so I don't put up my picture. No matter how acurately one decribes themselves,and puts up current pictures, it is perception and that changes upon a tangible meeting. And Stalkers aren't fun for guys either. ....Anyway didn't get past one date on the paid site.
And this site is WAYYYYYYY Better and the people are more serious as a whole.

Hears what I see as a problem:

"I want to find a man for long term or marriage"

Ok let's go out and see if we click, or Whats the worst that will happen ....we become friends

"No you want dating" Or "no I don't want to make friends, I want a husband"

Dating is a natural beginning to a long term relationship, friendship is ESSENTIAL to a marriage worthy relationship. Just because we have been to the carnival before doesn't mean you skip the rides and go straight to the picnic. People pigeonhole themselves, and have totally unrealistic expectations for dating period.

I will not tell somebody my intentions are I am writing you or going to go out with you because I think we are a "LONG TERM" match. I'm going out with you because I find you attractive in some way and interesting and I want to EXPLORE that interest, see where it goes, was I right, is there more to her than I ever imagined. And If she isn't what I expected, it doesn't click, well we had some fun, we spent quality time with another human being.

EMBRACE THE ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stop going to the vending machine for a mate, stuff from the vending machine usually looks good but isn't very fresh
 curlygrl
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/19/2007 6:24:29 AM
^^^^ HEALING HEART ^^^

I think MR. Rights legs are broken and he cant stand at the moment!!!LOL!!

Or like it usually is for me here - He lives so far away -
I need a few days to get to him just to meet him for a
cup of coffee -LOL!!
 Wullis
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 7:58:32 AM

Or like it usually is for me here - He lives so far away -
I need a few days to get to him just to meet him for a cup of coffee -LOL!!

Yes I hate it when I find ladies sitting on my doorstep with cold coffee
 hole55
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/19/2007 9:22:24 AM
well Pat all i can say is there is alot of guys that are asking you out and wanting a chance with you but seems you avoid there offers enough said there .
 Wullis
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:36:58 PM
Sunflower: Try putting some interests in because they are tied into the main search engine(thats why they turn blue, other have listed the same interests)

For example I go and search for female artists from time to time because I'm an artist

It doesn't look as though you've been on here long but from the votes you've gotten and what my eyes see, the interest is more than positive. Maybe a couple of more pics showing you in action at some activity you enjoy.

It doesn't happen overnight
 ponygrl™
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:26:37 PM
okay, after having some thinking time, i decided that when i'm ready, if i find the right man that accepts me as a friend through the good and the bad then maybe we would date as well. now, just because i said the date word, that doesn't mean hop right in the sack. things have to be with mutual feelings for each other.
 iRocket
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:32:38 AM
Dating is such a subjective term. In most peoples minds (namely men) Dating means screwing. In everyone elses mind Dating means discovering what the other person is about.

To me, that process of discovering what someone else is about, usually is the beginning of a friendship. Some of the friendships become close friendships and some develop into romantic relationships.

The confusion starts when a persons idea of dating, conflicts with the intent and purpose of a dating website. For instance, a dating website like this one, is heavily focused on pictures and profiles (the one shot). Which makes the very nature of a dating website based on physical attraction and visual orientation first and foremost. This caters to one kind of mind, the one focused on sex and nothing more.

To solidify this sex only kind of thinking, the rules suport the sex only thinking and discourage the discovery process of who the other person is, for example this rule "B) No Threads, Posts or Messages for the purpose of Chatting will be permitted on the *Forum. All Threads MUST have a Topic." and this one: "Forum Spam:...could also be obnoxious Posts, such as *Bumping a Thread*, Chatting, Smilies "only" on an ongoing continuous Basis, connection with Surveys, Contests, Pyramid Schemes, Chain Letters, Junk E-mail, Public Notices, or even large Quantities of Off Topic Replies.

So the forums, which otherwise would be a great place to get to know other people apparently is NOT a place to chat. Not a place to exchange dialogue. Which is what we are all doing here anyway. So I guess the dating website is just a place to post pictures and make "statements ONLY" in the forums. If you make anything other than a statement (i.e. ask a question to elicit a response/feedback from others) then (at least in the world I live in) it's called a conversation...chatting.

It seems to me that the people that created this dating website and the rules that go with it, have a particular idea about what dating is, sex oriented. This doesn't make POF Unique, it just makes it hard for people to get to know each other based on anything other than physical attraction (or suffer being in violation of the rules).

The short and skinny of POF is to find a picture of someone you find attractive, and as quickly as possible, start a dialogue/conversation/chat off site as soon as possible.

Seems to me, the whole concept here is to post a picture, and state your random opinions about things, all while trying to avoid chatting. So Rose, how serious can anyone be to look for someone to meet or date on here?
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?