Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is the fairytale impossible after 30?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 1
Is the fairytale impossible after 30? Page 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Do you believe you can have an intense connection with someone you barely know...after meeting just once or twice? Do you believe you can meet someone incredible....and its not complicated or difficult...you can just fall for each other right away ....after 30?

I know in my early 20's I believed in all of the fairy tale...but then kids, marriage, divorce, and reality sort of had me thinking that it would be less perfect...i would have to accept that it wasnt the guy i imagined.....and then recently I am thinking maybe there is a guy i can be with and it could be what i always wanted.

(I know life isnt all smooth sailing I am talking about how difficult it can be to start)

So what do you think...is the fairytale possible still?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 2
Is the fairytale impossible after 30?
Posted: 10/26/2006 1:59:30 PM
Magic between two people is not a matter of age. And I have to agree ~ there are no fairy tales. JMO
 sparticuss
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/26/2006 2:20:22 PM
Thanks for that Lyrical and Gren eyes.

It's refresthing to hear for a couple of level headed girls whos views are not blinded by rose coloured glasses.

Romance is possible at any age. Fairytales are not.
 cuppateahoney
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2006 2:50:08 PM
I really do hope there is my perfect man out there somewhere and that one day i will meet him and realise who he is !!

As to fairytale - im not so sure because reality kicks in at some point (usually when you catch them picking their nose ..lol)

I think what im trying to say is that - I hope there is such thing as the fairytale at any age but like Lori - one fairytale with an unhappy ending - Im a bit worried about knights on white horses - whats their motive??!!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:37:32 PM
I never did believe in fairytales, and I don't think there is a perfect person, but at the age of 49, I still feel there is someone out there, that is perfect for me.
 Kataklysmic
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:13:40 PM
When I was younger, I did not believe that there was anyone out there 'just for me', & 'I for them'. It wasn't until I hit my 30's, that I realized I deserved that sort of connection, and opened myself up for it.

*sigh*

Now I am involved with the most amazing of men. Our connection was almost instantaneous, and quite unexpected for us both. Quite amazing, really. I am at the point, where I can't imagine 'before' him, or moving on 'without' him.
 Kataklysmic
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:14:10 PM
Oopsie! Double post! :)
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:32:31 PM
Developing a deep connection with someone only after a few meetings? Maybe, call it mutual attraction, fatal distraction, falling in lust, but falling in love takes a little longer. The good news is it can happen to anyone, at any age, and we all should be so lucky, but fairytales are for children's books.

BonBon
 Stillalicious
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/27/2006 3:41:05 PM
I am not sure it is possible after mid 20's, nevermind after 30.

I would still like to think so because behind this charade of Miss Independant, I am a true romantic who is still looking for the love of my life.
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/27/2006 6:01:14 PM
If it happens for real... then it really is a fairytale!
 Fairwayman
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:46:52 AM
Hmmm well I dont know if I necessarily believe that intense feelings can evolve after a first date (believe that is called infatuation). I DO think that as we get older, it is easier to distinguish between what we want, and what we don't want.

As a hopeless romantic, I DO believe in the fairytale, however the story has to take time to develop, and in my opinion cannot happen instantaneously. Its possible to feel a connection with someone after a couple of meetings (with a LOT of variables thrown in), but this is usually based more superficial things, and not the "glue" that is necessary to bring two people together in a happy long-term reunion. That being said, feelings for someone have to start from somewhere... right??

Cheers !!

I thought I found someone, but it wasn't meant to be... so Ill keep searching, patiently!
 living_in_a_van
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:59:36 PM
Sorry the fairytale is immpossible at any age, its not so much finding someone and having an intense conection after meeting only once or twice, the fairytale falls apart in the happily ever after stage. If you're say 25 when you get married, and you have a life expectancy of 75 years your looking at trying to fill 50 years with bliss, thats a tall order.

At 35 yo your still looking at 40 years. The difference is that at 35yo ya got a little more livin under your belt so the "less perfect" thing is accepted as a the more realistic plan "B".

*****************************DISCLAIMER********************************
If any of us here really new the answer to that question we wouldn't be here to answer it we'd be livin happily ever after in our own bliss filled relationship. But u go gurl
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:09:50 PM
I live in Los Angeles - so "fairy tales" around here exist only in West Hollywood; not my cup of tea.
 Frau Bl├╝cher
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:15:07 AM
I believe that a fairytale romance is still possible after 30. Of course, at my age the tale is likely to be from the Brothers Grimm and contain lots of "Rumpledforeskins" and evil stepchildren.

"Rupunzel, Rupunzel let down your legs full o' hair, I thank God almighty that you never used Nair!"
 cndnldy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2006 8:24:17 AM
The fairytale is still possible, maybe with a few changes here and there in the story. I am living mine right now.....sure is wonderful to find your prince at this age!
 Diggy03
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2006 10:17:17 AM
Does the fairytale even exist... at any age?
 Diggy03
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2006 11:24:11 AM
psssttt.... life is what you make it. If you want your fairytale bad enough.. you will do what you can to make it happen!!!

Life is a wonderful adventure!!!!
 johnfw
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/11/2006 5:44:02 PM
Yes the fairy tale is possible. the problem is that women have this very self centered view of the prince sweeping her off her feet. She dreams of him adoring over her and fawning over her. She does not take into account that you have to treat the man in your life like a prince if you want to be treated like a princess. Men are not proactive in relationships. We are reactive. Women need to know that it is up to them to inspire a man to romance. How does she do this? By respecting him and his sexuality. Never putting him down for his sexuality and giving him sex willingly and lovingly and occasionally passionately and sometimes intitiating the sex, She needs to be kind, not condascending and not see herself as superior to him. She needs to be his confidante' that he can discuss anything with safely without fear of being scolded for what he chooses to talk to her about.

If she does this, I gaurantee happily ever after. Most women are not willing to do that. They have the feminist notion that they only have sex when they want to. And by the way, be willing to wear that frilly lacy lingerie that men like, In other words be a true lover if you want true love.

John
 haywiresue
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/12/2006 8:47:49 PM
YES ABSOLUTELY THE FAIRYTALE IS POSSIBLE

I have been lucky enought to have that intense connection 3 times in my life, and it was the same connection with the man - however due to outside influences the fairy tale never happened. One of the men died in a tragic accident, one was married and the third was not to be as we were in different places in our lives. The first one happened when I was in my 20's when I was single and the other 2 in my 40's while I was married. So, it really does happen and it is not complicated you just connect on a totally different level than any connection you have ever had. Its not sexual, its soulful and sex never entered the picture. You can feel things about this other person without knowing how or why and they are the same with you. You have a friendship like no other friendship and even though you are not romantically together, you cant imaging not having them in your life.
 Walking in Memphis
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 9:34:29 PM
Absolutely ... I think that a fairy tale is what you make of it ... I do not believe in sappy Disney fairytale but i do believe in a real life senario that has two people loving each other and respecting each other and the whole nine yards with the odd fight in the way to keep the spice going .. lol ... And frankly why don't more people ?

Is it really that hard to thing that at the age of thirty that all the funny and childhood spark you could have left is completely gone? Where is the hope, laughter, and happiness that can and should be a part of everyone's life?

Walking in Memphis
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 10:15:19 PM
The knowing yourself is an absolute must to have this sort of thing happen to you ... And being that age you can communicate what and how you wants things to be for yourself. In alot of ways I do not think that you really are getting comfy in your own skin until you have hit 30 ... I know some that are but not too many ...

ravenhaired1
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/15/2006 6:36:03 PM
Well I don't know if I believe anymore? I have had some real loser fall into my lap in my 30's. I don't think guys are looking for the connection unless it has to do with a one night stand?!!!! They say one thing and do the opposite! I would like to know that answer, so when you find out let me know! Good luck!
 ravenhaired1
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/15/2006 6:36:20 PM
Well I don't know if I believe anymore? I have had some real loser fall into my lap in my 30's. I don't think guys are looking for the connection unless it has to do with a one night stand?!!!! They say one thing and do the opposite! I would like to know that answer, so when you find out let me know! Good luck!
 lyin eyes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2006 3:14:28 PM
I KNOW i didnt hear it said dont believe in fairytales.Well Im here to tell u they do come true.You just have believe,I HAVE SEEN ONE RECENTLY. So hold on to your dreams hold on to them tight open up your heart.Never know when he or she will be outside your door.
 daemonspeeding
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2006 7:55:04 PM
To be honest I hope that the "fairytale" is still possible but, I also have to ask myself if that is just being too picky and too unrealistic. One of the previous posts put down most men in there 30s don't know what they want. I'm not so sure thats true. I think it more of a man asking themselves

"Am I just being too picky?" "Is it better to be with someone than to be happy?"
"Am I attractive enough to get the woman I want?"

Dating is different after a certain age. It gets harder because we are more jaded, more guarded against the people we date. Perhaps that is why the fairytale doesn't really seem to happen to most of us. Perhaps, it is our own perceptions that keep us from having the fairytale romance.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is the fairytale impossible after 30?