Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Single men with no children who want to only date women with kids...s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SthrnButtrfly
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Single men with no children who want to only date women with kids...scare me!!!!Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The last 2 men I have met from online were both single males w/ no kids. One was kicked by a bull, the other just never had them. Both men were in their late 30's. Unfortunately, one decided that his time w/me was more important than my time with my daughter and or our time with her and wanted me to choose between him or my kid.....Get Real! You know where he is, not part of my life anymore! The other fizzled out when he realized that I wasnt going to be his sugar momma and take care of him and my child...he also was jealous of the realtionship we (my daughter & I) had because we talk about everything....when we tried to include him in our conversation, he was not comfortable with it. Several years ago, I met a man via the internet, he was a single parent of one. He was the ideal man, church goer, great job, perfect parent, etc, etc. I moved from Fla to Tx to be with him and his daughter, we were quite happy. On July 4th, 2002, the girls came to me and said that they had a problem and didnt know how to deal w/it....turns out that my wonderful man had been "touchin" both of them in places they were not comfortable with. I left that nite, but could not take my step-daughter w/me. Yes the law was called, but nuthing was done about it....several weeks later, my step-daughter again called me and she had run away from home. She was 12 at the time, when I got to her, she had bruises in places we wont mention and this wonderful a**hole had tried to rape her...this time we were believed and he is now doing double life sentences for attempted rape on his own child and touchin mine.....so, I can understand the fear of dating ANY man who does not have children, as well as those that do. I have tightened my belt and raised my standards a bit higher, as I know not all men are like that...my daughter is doing great and I think she trusts men more then me. I figure I got to weed thru alot of bad apples to find the rite one, I just dont let the apples rot around me too long...LOL Also, my daughter is really good at weeding out the bad ones for me too, she will tell me rite off whether the guy im dating is cool or not...she didnt like this last one too much, since he was "mean" to her when I wasnt around....
 eyesmile4u
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Single men with no children who want to only date women with kids...scare me!!!!
Posted: 11/3/2006 9:15:41 PM
Myself being a father of three teenage boys , prefer dating woman with the kids reason being .... in my own past experiences i've noticed people without kids are much more into themselves .....understandbly that's the life they have chosen to live for the most part . parents have had to put their children first and so they have adjusted to do that in most relationships .
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Single men with no children who want to only date women with kids...scare me!!!!
Posted: 11/4/2006 5:43:20 AM
posting it 3 times does not make me read it 3 times

ok as for me, 40 years old and probably at the top age range for fathering a kid that wont have any potential genetic problems, prefer single women but if the woman comes as a package with a kid and the kid seems ok then no big deal....

Thought that this was a dating site for adults, must have been mistaken :(

Babies are nice, mates have some and seems for the next 2 years not much sleep and all the fun and games associated with that :)

chill out
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 2:00:36 PM
easiest way i guess is to mention u have kids, but give no details of the kids and only have them meet the potential man when u get to know the guy in detail. if the guy seems overly keen on the kids.....

went on a date with a woman and her kid, bit weird to goto the cinema with both of them, she wanted to move in very quickly and turns out she was getting kicked from house soon...

quickly decided thanks, but no thanks and never heard from her again :)

guess preference would be single women, but if they had a kid then not a major deal
 singlemaninMD
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:19:00 AM
It's quite easy if you date someone without kids. Have a talk with your child and set the rules that they NEVER are to be with the other without you. I would NEVER let my kid outta my sight nor be alone with someone else I didn't know. I would also look and see if the man is overly huggy, touchy, kissy after he gets to know them. I would establish ground rules that there are no hugs/kisses until after a couple of years. I still then would be careful.

I fully understand the women being "freaked" out by guys like this. I do however agree that most women with kids have matured a bit more and have their priorities in line, generally speaking anyways. There are still the nutty psycho drunken club moms I have met and just shake my head. They can't figure out why a guy is interested in them after they tell you they are mom and are drunk off their a*** in the bar every other weekend.

In this society these sickos unfortunately exist. I too would be out of my mind if I had a daughter as these freaks seem to be more of the male gender. I am very glad I have a son and thank the good lord every day. Otherwise, I probably would have surveillance cameras, shotguns, and items of torture in my basement. i could not have handled it and I think that is why the good lord saw fit to deliver a boy, who is a handful by himself.
 singlemaninMD
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:23:28 AM
Good lord hawk you should turn this sicko in. I would also email his profile to the webmasters for deletion or at least review man. Everyone should know who this freakazoid is so they too can watch out. I would also say I would not post a single picture of my kid on any dating site, that is just a personal opinion. Damn I am sick to my stomach here. I just cannot believe anyone would even ask such a thing. God help this evil, twisted, sick world!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 10:43:34 PM

ok i see that i have started a real debate here....i guess i better explain myself better
i met 3 guys some online other not...and they were cool to say the least until they found out that i had children...hmmmmm then they wanted to get to know me better...one even told me that having children was a huge turn on to him....i would have to say that is pretty scary.

Okayyyyyyyyyy, what is the one thing you ladies can do that us guuys cannot? oh oh oh would that be have babies? For some guys this being the most distinctly feminine trait motherhood will be an arousal factor. If you are unable to tell if someone is paying attention to kids in an effort to make themselves more attractive later when you consider if you could see this person as a permanent part of your life versus someone showing an unwholesome interest in children ...... it's time to move way waaaaaaaaaaaay far away from everyone.

Oh and some mom's are hot and others can be just plain creepy, i.e. Shania vs Celine.
 beerchen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:29:13 PM
you know what... what a silly problem. As many have allready commented.. what if they can't have children of their own, or they hope that a woman who allready has children will be more responsible ( most are) , so be it.

Trust your instinct.. keep the kids out of the loop for a while ... follow your heart and just keep the kids educated..

If your kids know to come to you if something is wrong.. then you have nothing to worry about.
Besides.. who in the world would leave a new bf/ gf alone with your kids.. umm not.

may life lift you higher.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 12:28:39 PM
I like women who have children for three reasons....
1) It gives the men a greater sense of responsibility. Okay, so you're not the kid's legal father, but you can be like a Big Brother to show it's not just his/her Mom you like.
2) The longer you wait to have kids, the more prone they are to having some form of a disability.
3) I have epilepsy and marked impotent due to med's. So can't have kids of my own.

Notice I put my problems last? That's because there's so much out there to see and do, rather than just sit at home blaming my disability for not being able to drive, work, etc.
 calhotspot
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/22/2007 5:33:12 PM
may I can put some light on this, I am single (divorced) and had no children from this marriage, I have a son from my first marriage that is grown up and flew the coup. I want to have more children even at my ripe old age of 53. it is hard for someone like myself to find a child bearing woman that would want to be with someone my age. the only alternative is to look for a instant family and treat the children as you would your own blood. well at least that is my opinion and does not reflect everyman out there.
I love children and always will and I hate being called a pervert for looking for someone to have children with. so the alternative is to find a lady that has kids and go with the flow. love them like your own,
ps: I am still looking for both single and moms with kids
Roy, Calgary
 lindy67
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 11:54:52 AM
i'm with terrame on this one.... why do these men stipulate that u should be a single parent? what is there interest in a woman they dont even know having kids?
i would be very suspicious myself.... i dont care whether that makes me sound paranoid.. the safety of my child is what matters... in fact i keep my child and my relationships seperate for a long time so that i can get to know whether i feel this man deserves to be around my child!
yes its a sad world... but also its filled with sad dangerous people and we have to realise that and do our utmost to vet all people around our children!
 DrWho3000
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2007 3:58:52 AM
I Myself Am A Full Time Single Dad To A Boy Of Who Has Special Needs /Learning Difficulties with AD/HD, I HAve Been Looking after him on my for 11 years now, & I Find It hard to be accepted as Being Genuine when trying to find a partner women seem to don't want to know because i have a kid,why are women/girls wary of a Fulltime single dads, we have just as much right to find a partner as a single mum.
so what about me Am I a potential Monster because I would go for a women who has kids already ( & No I'm not looking for a potential mom for him)

I get quite lonely on my own,sometimes it doesnt bother me,, I lost most of my circle of friends as I have No help in looking after my son, I have done it all myself

If I found a girlfriend Can i label her as a potental predator, who is after my son, like i'm labelled as one who is interested in a girl who "just happens" to have kid(s)

I Would like to find a "new" partner not because she does/doesnt have kids, but more for the company
 butchieboy4u
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:58:11 AM
I would have to agree. While most men missed out on having children of their own because of the wife not being able to have children is no reason to think that just because he likes children he is a freak. I married into a "ready made family" I had two step children whom I treated like they were my own. I never adopted them because they had a drug crazed, alkie, father. After my wife decided she was crazy, sleeping with other men and, didnt want help: is when I filed for the big D. Her two kids? They disowned me after 12 years of being a pretend dad and stay with their carzed whore mother like nothing ever happened.

I wouldnt want a single mother again for the fact that step fathers have no say in the upbringing, social, emotional, behaviour, and spiritual relationship in the family. The kids go to dads, then back to moms. Fighting over who pays for what. What school to go to. Its a constant see-saw uphill battle. Stepdads.... Hummmm not me. Not again.
 barbee1970
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:19:35 PM
We can't be too careful. Maybe they genuinely love children in a good way, like my Dad or Bill Cosby.

But, nowadays, pedophiles latest trick is to earn Mom's trust to get access to the children. It's not made up. Just watch America's Most Wanted.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Single men with no children who want to only date women with kids...scare me!!!!