Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Flu Shots      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prettty_lady
Msg: 1
Flu ShotsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Who gets them?

Why or why not?
 vhdc
Msg: 2
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/1/2006 8:45:14 AM
Always, and it pays dividends every year.
 vhdc
Msg: 3
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:42:46 AM
Great thing about the internet, anyone can post anything.
 prettty_lady
Msg: 4
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:04:23 PM

To: Top It

I do insist on a tetanus shot about every five years

No one should be giving you a tetanus shot every 5 years whether you insist or not. It's against guidelines, and not needed that frequently even in case of serious injury.

Should you sustain a serious (meeting criteria) injury and it has been 9 years since the last known immunization, then most physicians will treat anyway.

Or if the tetanus status is unknown as in the case of traumas....but to regularly insist on one every 5 years....Way.Too.Much.
 richardph9
Msg: 5
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/5/2006 11:02:41 AM
I work in health care and come in contact with people with weakened immune
systems. I get one every year for their protection.
 1Canuck
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/7/2006 8:37:49 PM
I'm gonna wait for the Avian Flu - Until then I will avoid all human contact
 Raincoast_Chick
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/8/2006 11:05:41 AM
I personally do not get a flu vaccine.

I would rather put my energy into building/strengthening my immune system with herbs and thoughtful nutrition.

Having said that, I don't work in an intstitution that forces me to obtain one.

Has anyone read the Medical Mafia? Some very interesting/disturbing information about vaccinces and government coverups.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 8
Flu Shots
Posted: 10/28/2007 2:24:35 PM

Will you get a flu shot this year?

Nope.

It interests me that this question keeps coming up. There seems to be a real marketing machine pushing this on us nowadays. It wasn't like that when I left Canada to live overseas years ago, and it certainly is striking now, so I guess there's been some incremental buildup that I thankfully missed.

I sometimes wonder if all this flu-shot pushing is an attempt to raise public awareness so it'll be easier to get people to take action when H5N1 (or some other variant of killer flu) finally adapts to spread directly between people. I don't see any other sensible reason for this. The vast majority of humanity (including me) has got along fine without mass influenza immunization and it's not any kind of killer disease.

But then my more cynical side tells me - nah it's probably just the usual greed machine pushing stuff on us that we don't really need.

In any case, I'll decline to inject myself with a vaccine that has little benefit, in favour of trying to be generally healthy (see above comments about diet, etc.)
 yjohnnyy
Msg: 9
Flu Shots
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:55:08 PM
check out www.vaclib.org I think I would rather get the flu than continually be immersed in aluminum and mercury. These toxins will eventually lower your immunity not to mention mental function.
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 10/31/2007 4:39:17 PM
There seems to be some confusion when it comes to flu shots or vaccines.
Before they inject me, I want to know two things:
* Do they actually work?
* What is in these vaccines?

Well, after doing some research, I discovered two facts:
1 > Vaccines have NOT been proven to work and NOT proven to be safe.
2 > Here is a list of whats in these vaccines:

Ammonium Sulfate (salt) - suspected in gastrointestinal (GI), liver, nerve and respiratory system poison

Beta-propiolactone - known to cause cancer. Suspected GI, liver, respiratory, skin and sense organ poison

Genetically modified yeast, animal, bacterial and viral DNA - Can be incorporated into recepint’s DNA and cause unknown genetic mutations

Latex rubber - can cause life threatening allergic reaction

MSG - (glutamate, glutamic acid) being studied for mutagenic, teratogenic (developmental malformation and monstrosities) and reproductive effects. A neurotoxin. Allergic reactions can range from mild to severe.

Aluminum - implicated as a cause of brain damage; suspected factor in Alzheimer’s disease, dementias, seizures and comas. Allergic reactions can occur on skin.

Formaldehyde - (formalin) major constituent of embalming fluid; poisonous if ingested. Probable carcinogen; suspected GI, liver, immune system, nerve, reproductive system and respiratory poison. Linked to leukemia, brain, colon and lymphatic cancer.

Micro-organisms - live and killed bacteria and viri or their toxins. The polio vaccine was contaminated with a monkey virus now turning up in human bone, lung lining (mesothelioma) brain tumors and lymphomas.

Polysorbate 80 - known to cause cancer in animals

Tri(n)butyl phosphate - suspected kidney and nerve poison

Glutaraldehyde - Poisonous if ingested. Causes birth defects in experimental animals

Gelatin - produced from selected pieces of calf and cattle skin, deminerlaized cattle bones and pork skin. Allergic reactions have been reported.

Gentamicin sulfate & polymeric B - Allergic reactions can range from mild to life threatening.

Mercury - (thimerosal) - one of the most poisonous substances known. Has an affinity for the brain, gut, liver, bone marrow and kidneys. Minute amounts can cause nerve damage. Symptoms of mercury toxicity are similar to autism.

Neomycin sulfate - (antibiotic) interferes with vitamin B6 absorption. An error in the uptake of B6 can cause a rare form of epilepsy and mental retardation. Allergic reactions can be mild to life threatening.

Phenol/phenoxyethanol - (2pe) used as an antifreeze. Toxic to all cells and capable of disabling the immune system’s primary response mechanism.

Human and animal cells - human cells from aborted fetal tissue and human albumin. Pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain, guinea pig, dog kidney, cow heart, monkey kidney, chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg, calf serum, sheep blood and others.

“A major cause of the Roman Empire decline, after six centuries of world dominance was its replacement of stone aqueducts by lead pipes for the transport and supply of drinking water. Roman engineers, the best in the world, turned their fellow citizens into neurological cripples.

Today our own “best and brightest” with the best of intentions, achieve the same end through childhood vaccination programs yielding the modern scourge of hyperactivity, learning disabilities, autism, appetite disorders, and impulsive violence.”

- Harris Coulter, Ph.D.

FLU SHOT? NAH, I THINK I'LL PASS !
 Castaline
Msg: 12
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/1/2007 2:46:02 PM
No flu shots for me.
I just can't think they are good for me.
I DID have a mild flu last year, but no worse than what I've seen some people get from the vaccine itself. Certainly not bad enough to make me rethink my decision.

I have no problem with others choices to get one. We all have our beliefs about how to care for ourselves.
 piscescoda
Msg: 13
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/1/2007 10:06:08 PM
I don't. Because I trust my body can take care of itself without unnecessary vaccinations & medications.
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/9/2007 6:41:37 PM
QUOTE:
My pharmacist, who believes in natural remedies, told me that taking 1000 mg or more of Vitamin D3 and fish oil daily has helped him prevent a cold or flu when he felt his throat was scratchy.

I agree with this statement totally, however, for the winter months I would up the Vitamin D3 to 2000I.U. per day (minimum) and at least 2000mg of fish oil per day as well, and lots of Vitamin C!! (1000mg 5 times per day)
For the Asthma, Bromelain, CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and lots of dark green vegetable juice. (Chlorophyll)
(I'm actually quite surprised that a pharmacist told you about Vit D. That is interesting).
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/9/2007 8:56:38 PM
Flu Vaccine Is Of No Benefit To The Elderly:

http://www.docguide.com/news/content.nsf/news/852571020057CCF68525737D004E652F?OpenDocument&id=7E37A0A9D91E88198525733C0043F073&c=&count=10
 I like it real....
Msg: 16
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/10/2007 9:25:48 PM
Why is it ppl say "they have to?"
I work in a clinic with hundreds of sick ppl everyday...and I don't get a flu shot, not does any of the doctors in my office say "I have to"

I think without knowing both sides of the proverbial fence, one is only going to do what their doctor or society encourages them to do.

It is against my constitutional right to have someone TELL me I HAVE to inject junk into my body....cold day in hell that would happen for me...IMO...because I have researched and looked at both sides of the fence.

Can't remember whether Lyrical Girl brought this up...but did you know that the companies who produce the vaccine look at the air currents and try to decide (haphazardly I might add)
which flu bugs may or may not come into North America...and then they decide which ones are going to be the worst of them all, then take 5 of those viruses and produce a vaccine.

ewwwwww...it just sounds wrong...at least for me
 AvidArteest
Msg: 17
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/11/2007 12:44:28 AM
I would NEVER get innoculated with that poison... NO WAY!!!!
 ffryan
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/12/2007 3:58:15 AM
Funny how people view the flue shot. It's either a completely necessary thing that no human being should be without, or it's the worst thing you can put into your body next to cyanide. Almost no middle ground. Am I the only one who find that funny?

I'm getting my flu shot on Wednesday.
 I like it real....
Msg: 19
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/12/2007 1:47:05 PM
My understanding is that Health Canada does support the use of homeopathics for immunizations...but whether it's alright for the "flu" shot...I'm not certain.

If you live in Edmonton...drop me a line, and I can set you up with a number to a doctor who would know. That or call your Health region authority and pose the question to them.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 20
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/14/2007 12:37:56 PM

Fifty million people died in the flu pandemic in the early 1900’s. Over half the deaths in 1918 were between the ages of 20-40; healthy young adults. While the state of your health is extremely important in fighting disease the ONLY way your body can build up the antibodies that provide protection to the flu is to be exposed to the flu.

Flu shots only provide limited protection against a few specific strains of flu - and those are guaranteed not to include H5N1 or any other that causes a pandemic, because such will always be freshly mutated variants.

You *might* get lucky and be partially and temporarily protected because the strains in your jab just happen to be similar to the new killer strain. But then that could be true from any natural immunity you develop, too - which you won't have if you've been taking the easy way out and getting flu shots every year. Me, I'll take my chances with the natural route. If they have an actual working vaccine against killer flu when it appears, then I'll reconsider.

Incidentally, I recall reading a theory that one of the reasons the 1918 flu only affected 20-40 year olds was because almost everybody over the age of 38 had already been exposed to a previous strain which was similar. Food for thought...
 Mont-Royal
Msg: 21
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/17/2007 6:01:24 AM
I always get them and have never had the flu since.
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/17/2007 3:09:09 PM
Here is an article on Dr. Rebecca Carley. She states that vaccines don't stop disease, they actually cause disease, including cancer and all Autoimmune disorders.
Its well worth reading.

http://www.drcarley.com/

Anyone who reads this, as well as other "truthful" articles should think twice about getting vaccinated, the evidence is overwhelming.
Gary Null just released his new documentary entitled "Vaccine-Nation". He states vaccines cause Autism in children, as well as ADD, ADHD, and other disorders. He sent 7ooo copies to senators, governors, and to the news media. He got one reply.
Govenor Schwarzenegger said "I got your film, I watched it, and its shocking".
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/17/2007 5:09:07 PM
Dr. Fill, your statement is not credible, for if it was, you would have some proof?

You know as well as I that the charges are completely BOGUS, and as for Gary Nulls credentials, man you must be kidding. He knows more about health than anyone else.
He also has the most popular radio program in history, with over 30 million listeners.

Here is another article concerning vaccines and children:

http://www.thinktwice.com/secret.htm

Fill, do you work for some pharma company?
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/17/2007 8:52:20 PM
Name-calling will not be tolerated.
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/18/2007 11:30:33 AM
Here is a video that everyone should see. It is about vaccines.

Vaccines caused AIDS:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18741.htm
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Flu Shots
Posted: 11/18/2007 6:02:09 PM
The above quote, concerning the decline of the Roman Empire, was quoted by Harris Coulter, PH. D. -- very knowledgeable person, and author.(check his biography).
Its very unlikely that his quote was "simply not true".
However, everyone seems to be missing the point entirely on vaccines. The point is, besides containing many toxic poisons, they contain DNA from monkeys and other animals. That DNA can alter YOUR DNA, and that can lead to many serious issues.
**Whether the vaccines work or not means nothing if they give you AIDS, or CANCER, or ANY OF THE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES.**
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Flu Shots