Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mackz
Msg: 1
Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What do you do when someone calls you asking for a person that does not live there? Or maybe they give the " is this 555-4922 and they are off by 1 digit. Do you just hang up on them? Tell them what # they dialed? Tell them that " SHE LEFT AND SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU ANYMORE!!!" What do you do when they ring you ,, ?????
 sammy salt
Msg: 2
Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????
Posted: 10/31/2006 9:09:11 PM
I tell them they died last week and they missed them being burried.

Not really. I am nice about it.
 !somewhere
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/31/2006 9:16:30 PM
Did you just get phones, where you live, this week??????
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2006 10:14:50 PM
Did you just get phones, where you live, this week??????

That is too funny, in a dry Steven Wright kind of way
 belina
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/31/2006 10:40:54 PM
If asking for the person and that person does not live here then i say polietly that they don't . If saying the wrong number i just sorry got the wrong number polietly and i'll say have a great day bye now and hang up. We can all make that mistake by dialing the wrong number and asking for the person . That's life...
 RedneckHippy
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/31/2006 10:45:08 PM
I simply tell them that they have the wrong number,
and make it clear that I will provide them with no additional
information.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:19:33 AM
I'm sorry iv'e never heard of that person, i think you may have the wrong number.
 BLACKACES
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/1/2006 8:04:05 AM
wrong #'s and people that don't talk.

i get them all the time i just call them back and leave the phone off the hook.
 mackz
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:13:33 AM
just call them back and leave the phone off the hook.( FROM ABOVE )
classic
 xchuck
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/1/2006 11:18:33 AM
I look at their number on my caller Id and prank call them all day. How dare they call the wrong number?

I'm kidding i just say sorry that person does'nt live here or you reached the wrong number
 onlychild
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 1:50:38 PM
depends if it's a guy calling for a girl...

caller: is sarah there?
me: yeah
caller: can i talk to her?
me: not at right now, she's giving me head

did this a few times in the past month...surprised they didn't call back...hehe
 2findU
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 1:59:48 PM
I just tell them they got a wrong number. Of course if its a message on my answering maching I just ignore it and delete it.
 xrayneex
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/1/2006 2:59:21 PM
i once had a guy call me with a wrong number, he asked for some girl and when i told him he had the wrong number he asked who i was and then asked if i was single, how old i was etc... lol.

he then continued to call me! every day around the same time, acting like he knew me and was trying to ask me out.

interesting way to meet women i guess.

lol.
 livinat40
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:10:34 PM
on a holiday weekend i had some woman keep calling. she was trying to call a dog grooming place it was 6am and asked if we were open so i said yes and hung up.
 ab_qt
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:59:07 PM
I typically say that they have the wrong number and most of the time they call back seconds later just to make sure. Now I do have a guy that calls my cell on a regulat basis knowing full well that it's the wrong number and every time he says the same f.cking thing ... "God I love hearing your voice"
 DarlenaNS
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:02:34 PM
When someone calls me with and it is a wrong number I politely say " Sorry you have the wrong number".

On the flip side, I dialed a number yesterday at work, (thinking the person I was calling has dumped their cell number back into the pool) and this man answered with the rudest Whatttttttttttt????!!!!????? I then said "Could I please speak to Randy"? He replied with "WRONG NUMBER!!!!!" then slammed the phone down! I wanted to go through the phone and smack him hard. Amazes me how some people can be that rude!
 PolarFrog
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:39:50 PM
I say you have the wrong number but If you'll just wait I'll transfer you and then hang up.

The worst are poeple calling you and putting you on hold.

Or calling you, putting you on hold and they got wrong number.

Poeple that don't realise their on mute.

Poeple calling on speaker phone and they are just chatting with someone for 2 minutes before they pick up the receiver.

I work in tech support and it happens all the time.
 OpheliaBonMot
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:59:34 PM
If I'd never misdialed, I would feel good about playing pranks on people to show them how stupid they are for getting the wrong number.

But sadly, I *have* made that mistake myself, so I am as polite as I would like people to be to me.
 HeavyThumb
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/1/2006 7:11:20 PM
LOL. Call me a sucker if you wish, but I've actually pulled out a phone book on a few occasions and helped people find the right number. Usually only when they are calling long distance and got the wrong number from directory assistance.
Funny thing....there's a guy who recently moved to my city from about 180 miles away. He's a chiropractor. Same first and last name as myself, and of course has an unlisted home number. If someone calls asking for him, I refer tham to his office number with a brief explanation.
I once got mail for this guy. Cam from Florida from another doctor. I had it open before I realized it was not for me. I simply sealed it up, called his office and explained the mistake to his secretary, then forwarded it to his office.
No big deal.

The only calls I find intolerable are the ones where you answer, and a computer voice starts talking to you. I hang up immediately.
Intolerable calls part 2; when representatives of politicians call trying to canvas my vote. I politely tell them to tell the politician to go to hell in the quickest way he can.
 mackz
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/23/2006 10:47:42 AM
This makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where a telemarketer calls him at home Jewwy says " I can't talk right now, why don't you give me your number, and I will call you back when its convenient ? "
 athletic2222
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/23/2006 10:53:26 AM
I breath heavily right back.
 ~AlbertazAngel~
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/23/2006 12:02:59 PM

What do you do when someone calls you asking for a person that does not live there? Or maybe they give the " is this 555-4922 and they are off by 1 digit. Do you just hang up on them? Tell them what # they dialed? Tell them that " SHE LEFT AND SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU ANYMORE!!!" What do you do when they ring you ,, ?????

ahhhh hello.. wrong #!..i had this happen not 2 long ago.. this guy had called my # looking 4 a girl.. when i told him he had the wrong #.. he asked ' r u sure?'.. i laffed & said 'i`m positive!'..
 cheekychica
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/23/2006 12:39:34 PM
I say, Nope.. sorry you have the wrong number.
And when they call back a few seconds later.. I say.. nope.. still the wrong number.
No real reason to be rude.
 Bloodless™
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/23/2006 5:38:43 PM
I normally just say they have the wrong number and hang up.

There was one time where I dialed the wrong number and realized it when a woman answered. I just asked for bill (just a name that popped into my head) thinking she would say, sorry, you got the wrong number, but it backfired. She said, "just a sec" and then Bill picked up the phone. I told him I had the wrong number and he said "then how'd you know I lived here ?" I explained what I did and he asked if I am pulling his leg, he seemed to think one of his friends set me up to do it. I ended up just hanging up on him.
 mbninja
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/23/2006 6:30:20 PM
i usually talk to them for a few mintues... i'll let them slowly realize they got the wrong number... i sometimes start tryin to sell them somethin, as an ex-telemarkerter, i have that ability to be overly annoying on the telephone... sorry to those of u that i've tried to sell crap to, btw...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????