Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > It Sucks to feel all alone even when there are people all around you !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 10
It Sucks to feel all alone even when there are people all around you !Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You are not alone. You fail to appreciate family and friends. Thats all.

Alone is the person, who leaves family and friends, to be with that special somebody, and that special somebody turns into a night mare. A nightmare companions and no other family for back up. Thats truly alone.
 xminusone
Msg: 11
It Sucks to feel all alone even when there are people all around you !
Posted: 11/5/2006 2:45:07 AM
your lucky imagine yourself in another country and your family is dead and all your sourrounding by is misery and lonelyiness.

i sometimes wish i was dead.
 NancyC123
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:24:38 PM
Felt this exact same way just last weekend. I had to go to the City for a fundraiser a friend was hosting and the lounge where this was held was loaded with people but most of them were paired off and I came in alone. I didn't stay long, just wanted to show support and I managed a drink or two.

I remember walking toward the subway station and feeling so alone. I mean, here I was at night in the Big Apple - the city that never sleeps - surrounded by people out having a great time, and I couldn't FEEL more lonely.

Yeah, it DOES suck feeling that way but I truly believe that this too, shall pass!
 mcbobly
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:33:56 PM
I feel like this everyday. No matter where I go or where I am at I still feel all alone, even worse when I go to family functions or other gatherings and there are couples all around me and I stand there, by myself feeling like the 3rd wheel, totally out of place. I just accept it however and try to get on with my life and hope it doesn't last forever.
 Soul Union
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:56:32 PM
You need someone in your life to complete the ying-yang. [sic] - Light Storm

> Whiteroses, I don't believe what the other poster said about needing someone else to 'complete' you or your yin-yang. I respect and acknowledge what he says, but I don't think it is true.
> All my life I have looked to 'others' to complete me - anyone, even the local newspaper vendor on the street corner, anyone would do - to give me answers, to provide me with some kind of completeness. I bought heavily into the lie that I wasn't complete in myself, that I was somehow 'lacking' because I wasn't joined at the hip with another individual.
> It was a lie, of course.
> You are complete, whiteroses, and you always have been. The problem, though, is that you haven't thought so. Like most of us - the overwhelming insecure majority - we are led down the erroneous path that it takes someone else to fulfil us, to complete us, to make as 'whole' and happy. TV programmes like Oprah are bursting at the seams with this kind of thinking. It is a rare individual who can feel complete on his own, without the need of someone else to stand by him and prop him up or tell him how much he is loved and appreciated and admired and desired and wanted and needed, etc, etc, etc.
> I urge you to read a book called Awareness, by a spiritual master called Anthony de Mello. He was not a saint with flocks of sycophantic 'worshippers', or a garland-wearing, sandalled guru waving his hand from a saffron robe. He was an ordinary man, but with incredible wisdom. His book turned my life around. I no longer decide or choose to feel empty or lacking or needy or alone. I realise these lies for what they are - dark lies of the ego.
> Please, if you never read another book in your life, at least read this one. You will soon understand that there is no such thing as loneliness. It comes from your ego, and your ego will say and do anything to perpetuate the lie, including the validation of this lie by asking other people if they, too, have felt 'the same'.
> Best wishes - Soul Union.
 Roivas
Msg: 27
emptiness
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:05:54 PM
Phyllis Schafly might tell you, topic creator, that as a woman, you have a desire to take care of and guide others, if not have a child. Just a guess.
 musicianfriend
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:39:11 PM
Maybe the empty space is where God is supposed to live? Did you invite him in today? Do this everyday...appreciate him...be grateful for what you do have ...tell him your needs....pray for the perfect mate.....give him thanks. It works. I did this. Pretty awesome. God knew who the absolutely perfect man for me was and he put us together. He is my "Gift from God."

Ive been alone for 13 years. Started praying for a mate about March 2007. Met this man on line around April. Dated others for the summer. We started talking more in Sept. Exchanged numbers, started talking on the phone Sept. Started dating. Its now been approx 6 months. He is the best man I have ever known! EVER!

Thank you Jesus.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 6:45:20 AM
I can so relate to this topic..Especially ReDD I feel for you Im going through same thing, same period of time, same situation he cheated and Im still sitting in the crap,saying everyday I HAVE to move on..
Sometimes this place of lonliness,emptyness needs medical attention,sometimes its just something that has to be gotten through..theres alot of heartfelt advice on this thread alot of great people are right here,now thats a real blessing take care and I hope you feel better real soon...
 justme1124
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 7:09:42 AM
yea,it really sucks,most people have it hanging over their head,funny how the human spirit needs another to make it complete,and theres no pill for it,not much else can take its place,running and working definitly help,it releases endorphins that can make you high as a kite,200 hundred times stronger than any man made morphine,thats a runners high i'm talkin about,now I know why i don't see too many depressed atheletes,lol,
 Kongzilla
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 11:01:19 AM
You have just described my entire life. The more people are around the more lonely I feel. I'm often the oddball; the only male, the only one my age, the only one who doesn't know everybody else, etc. That and past experience of being the entertainment; the group competes to see who can be the most clever in putting me down. Of course they claim that they're just kidding, or trying to bring me out of my shell, never realizing or careing that that only shoves me farther in. It doesn't happen all the time, but after a few times, I think it will, and wait for it to start, so whenever I'm among groups, the shields go up. Even family is little help. With the exception of my mother (and men aren't supposed to be close to their mothers) and my cats, the rest of my family, what there is of it, views me as cheap labor "You're here to serve, not be served." I've been told. Where do you go when nobody wants you.

THIS IS NOT A PITY POST! I AM NEITHER LOOKING FOR PITY, NOR DO I WANT IT. THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PUPOSES ONLY.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:15:40 PM
It's the opposite for me, alone a lot, never lonely. If I don't get time to myself at least once a week, I go nuts.

I feel like being around people, I get in my car and find some. When I get sick of people, I go back home.

I suspect having jobs that deal with the public is what did it for me.

Nevertheless I think it's partly personality, and partly mindset and what you're used to. Spending time with friends and family and also being able to spend time alone and doing activities you enjoy might leave less time for lonliness. The key to avoiding loneliness is staying busy and being comfortable spending time alone.

I know some aren't happy without an SO, but I always wondered specifically why that's what makes them feel different as opposed to someone else they're close to.
 BlueEyesInWV77
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/27/2013 12:35:13 AM
I know exactly how you feel. It does suck being alone.. Your famliy & friends are given, but to not having anyone personaly to share you life with, it tends to get very lonely & depressing. I've tried this site, and keep striking out.... After my 3 months are up, i'll probably just delete my profile, and keep living lonely.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/27/2013 6:33:54 AM
Yeah I sort of feel like a stranger in my own house. It's not a very good feeling but I have always been a loner. I just don't really have anything in common with the rest of my family so it sucks but the only way I know how to deal with it is to get out of the house once in a while. Plus I need to start exercising again, I have been exercising all of my life and I quit about 2 months ago. It feels terrible so I got to start back with that again. It is just not healthy to spend a lot of time at home. I don't think many prisoners could handle prison if they didn't exercise everyday. Lol I bet if I was in prison it would feel the same way as home except for a bunch of noisy inmates for me to get pissed off at. At least I wouldn't have to cook my own meals.
 Albvs
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/27/2013 6:48:06 PM
If you can't find happiness in your own company then how can anyone else, dear?

Date yourself until you enjoy your company, then try again.
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/28/2013 8:42:25 PM
I lived all over the last 28 yrs. I have been where I am now for 17 yrs. I am now in the process of moving back to my home state. I want to die where I was born, and be with my family. (four of my five sisters, nieces, dear friends etc) My boys both say they are getting the hell out of this state too, so why should I sit here alone. I feel alone here, even though I have lived here so long. Most recently I had a health scare and at the ER. I had to have a co worker take me, and they kept insisting I call a family member. My only family member here, is my son, 18 who does not drive, and lives w/ his dad. His step mom had to bring him to me, and get me home. As I get older, I don't want this to happen again. I want to be near my dearest loved ones. I am hoping I won't feel alone anymore....
 LadyMase
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/1/2013 12:04:38 PM
The book Letters To A Young Poet helped me to work towards being content in my solitude. Of course I still get those terribly lonely moments but for the most part, it's easier to get through.

Also, these self help cd's that talk about the Law of Attraction really boosted my spirits after I listened to it. It's these negative thoughts that eat away at us. A lot of people will have their different opinions of the content and the creator of "Your Wish Is Your Command" by Kevin Trudeaux, but what he says does have substance. What do you have to lose?
 DEUCE956
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 8:42:46 AM
I understand that I'll always be alone, I've come to the fact that there isn't a woman in the world that would have me. I'm an ugly guy with nothing going for me so it's understandable, but I still have my friends and dog.
 DragonBits
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/15/2013 1:08:31 PM
You could move to Alaska and live in a place there isn't anyone around you for 100 miles.

Maybe help to get your head clear.
 Walts
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:13:20 PM

You could move to Alaska and live in a place there isn't anyone around you for 100 miles

One of the options I'm thinkin of Bits!!

And, yes, I think(know) it would do me a world of good. They have salmon but, kinda short on the steelie rivers yet, still little people.
 preciousmama2109
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/16/2013 12:48:01 AM
i'm the same way a week ago my now ex fiance of four in a half years....i found out hed been cheating on me for over a year so i lefted and feel like that all the time and am not really sure how long it takes to get over or what to do so you don't feel that way but you are not alone....
 Karismaticappeal
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/16/2013 8:05:08 PM
I feel empty and depressed all the time.I search for love,but get rejected or disappointed maybe suicidal too.
 QT3.18
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/16/2013 11:11:15 PM
I used to feel that way, (in fact, I was terrified of being alone) until I realized by necessity, that having a significant other in my life did little to nil to add to the definition of who I was. I learned to be content with myself, regardless of who was in my life. I figured out that I alone am responsible for my happiness and contentment. It is not the responsibility of anyone else to bring it to me by way of a relationship. Quite frankly, I found that I could be just as happy and content outside of a relationship as I could be in one.

Once I recognized this, then I didn't feel like I was all alone anymore. Now, I actually quite enjoy it.

Relationships are wonderful experiences and are true gifts, but they are not mandatory to have a happy and fulfilled life. Learn to be happy with yourself, find things that are within you to make yourself feel fulfilled, and you won't feel so alone.

I hope that helps.
 DragonBits
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/18/2013 1:27:54 PM
walts

And, yes, I think(know) it would do me a world of good. They have salmon but, kinda short on the steelie rivers yet, still little people.

Little people, is that some sort of demeaning short man joke?

Alaska in the outback is weird, you don't see any person for months, it's a visceral feeling, you just know people have seldomed venture where you are walking. I spent a month in Alaska, partly on a raft on the Copper River.

It makes one very careful about getting injured or losing your supplies, you may never get out alive.
 sugarcane777
Msg: 56
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/29/2013 12:43:04 AM
That's the sole reason for coming to this site.The quiet solitude.NO one is ever here so you don't have
people bothering you.Even when someone does show up all you have to do is wait a minute or two and they'll
disappear.What's not attractive about that.Lest one forgets that this isn't meant work .Men have no say and their
relegated to the alley and watch thru the cracks in the brick at the flurry of enormus heads bandying about
waiting for the same guy.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > It Sucks to feel all alone even when there are people all around you !