Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Prince Edward Island  > Do men like women making the first move?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 De03montess
Msg: 16
Do men like women making the first move?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I think it would be great if they made the first move.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Do men like women making the first move?
Posted: 12/31/2008 2:24:58 PM
Its nice to see women make the first move.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:16:14 AM
..................................................................................................................................

Well, I'm a friendly person .. chances are if you make eye contact with me I'll say "Hi" - at least! As for actually asking a man out?? hmmm... maybe for that coffee thing . .. Funny .. my "friendliness" has been mistaken by some as a "first move" .. guess I'm a little backward! I am friendly to most everyone - put a man I'm attracted to in front of me .. shy .. ssshhhhh - Don't tell anyone I'm shy!! That's just between you 'n me! hhehe

ok .. never mind . .. the truth is - I'm a bit of a chicken chit! = where you men are concerned anyway .. lots of courage elsewhere in life .. OMG - I'm changing my mind as I type!

Here it is - I met this man too briefly over a year ago! We Did say hello and told each other our names .. I even felt a little tingle .. sigh .. then my friend (a woman) grabbed my arm and said "we gotta go!" .. before I knew it .. we were gone :( .. Now - I wish I'd had my number ready to give him. I figure if I gave 'him' my # and said "Call me!" .. that's a pretty big first move ..

Now I just gotta go stalk the underware section at Zellers and wait for him to need new socks!! lol (we were there shopping for her son! hehehe)

hmmmm... I wonder if they're hiring .. I could be the new "fruit of the loom girl" lololol
 guyathome101
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/26/2009 10:27:37 AM
well i try to mail every woman i see here just wish they would mail back
 ~Hello~
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/22/2009 10:21:07 AM
ummm... DBS 1965 - IF you think that adding someone to your favourites list is "making contact" - it's Not. I wouldn't even have known you'd favourited me if I hadn't of just 'happened to" check who might have favourited me. That said .. when I saw you'd tagged me - I thought .. "Oh what the heck, I'll send him a note." .. then when I went to do that - I got sent back to my inbox!!! Why? cuz YOU have your mail settings to restrict women "my age" from contacting you!!! lol

silly humans .. >> IF you want a woman (or a man) to make "First Contact" - make sure you don't have Your inbox blocked from receiving.. ..

Why add someone to your favourites if you're not going to at least say Hi??

Kinda hard for a woman to make any kind of move when YOU have the gate locked!!!
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/11/2011 12:17:51 PM
I certainly appreciate having the lady "make the first move". I do not have a picture posted and still I have "expressions of interest" sent. I am polite and always respond - but I "see" only one individual at a time. I like to meet very soon after establishing contact, as it is only when the two people meet that each gets the opportunity to decide whether or not it worth continuing; sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

What I was wondering - given today's world (e.g. liberated women), the changes in society and this new "world" of dating sites - just what are the conventions that should be followed when on a dating site - or are there any? If they exist, where can one find them written and available to folks on dating sites??
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/11/2011 6:58:34 PM
You'd have a better chance of receiving responses to your post if you started a new thread in another forum (perhaps Dating Experiences) since the PEI forum has been dead for quite some time.

Of course, it sounds like you're looking for some type of a "Rule Book For Online Dating". Google should help, or any other search engine.

Good luck
 homsikpanda
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/22/2011 5:08:55 PM
i like it when a women makes the first move, it shows interest, assertiveness and desisiveness. it's annoying and gets really boring really quickly if i'm the one always making the decisions or the first move, do something new, something different and surprise me for a change instead of me having to make up your mind for me.
there's lots of jokes that married guys have no free will and the woman controls the relationship but from what i've seen in my relationships i'm the one making ALL the moves.
can't a guy find a girl who knows how to make up their own mind?
 911love
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:04:36 PM
So in person how do you make the first move? I mean you just go right up to a guy and say, hey ya want to hook up? I just stand there staring at him! I feel we have great chemistry but I don’t know what to say!
Show ALL Forums  > Prince Edward Island  > Do men like women making the first move?