Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smith2267
Msg: 17
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?Page 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I think if a woman owns a gun for self protection, that is fine as long as she is licensed to have it and keeps it properly and safely stored.
Of course, if she is emotionally unstable or a drug addict or alcoholic, then she shouldn't have a gun because her judgement can't be trusted.

If she told me too soon, I would think that she was threatening me/didn't trust me.

Message 16, if you are a cop, I think it is your obligation to carry your gun while off duty, unless you are going drinking or something. Who knows when you might see a crime, and cops are never REALLY off duty.
 smith2267
Msg: 22
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?
Posted: 11/11/2006 3:47:12 PM
>> Is that the US ammendment to thier constitution that covers the right to bear arms

Rip their friggin sleeves off and be done with it.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2006 10:53:08 PM
Only problem would be if she had a nicer gun than me. Envy is not a good quality in new relationships.

Seriously, I think a shooting date would be cool. But remember people, always use protection. You wouldn't want to damage your hearing.
 GoldenIssue
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:42:49 AM
This Note is for Lord Tyranus

Lord Tyranus no offence old timer but times have changed..... from what i've read about you, you seem to have this mentality of some idiot who thinks hes always right and I truly agree with Tihigh when he says its people like you who are bring shame and disgrace to our country Canada I almost wish that vote went thought making quebec not part of canada but shit happens. Get a life Lord Tyranus and do some reading on yourself and see how stupid you sound.......
 shon92651
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/18/2006 12:23:14 PM
Every real girlfriend I have it's always been very important to me to keep her safe, so I always end up buying them a bottle of pepper spray, for when I'm not around, for peace of mind.

.....but....I'm more comfortable being in burning pain after calling her mother fat, than I am being shot and killed....so just in case....i'm gonna say let's stick with the non lethal protection.
 montanadharma
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:13:09 PM
That would depend on where the gun is.
 mccellia
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2006 4:47:03 AM
I live in Australia and really don't understand the need for guns. We have shooters (the roo population here needs culling at times) but other than professionals/farmers... I just can't understand the need for it. I'd be horrified if my partner had a gun too.
 CloneAlone
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2006 5:38:46 PM
My last girlfriend had a hand gun and it really didn't bother me. She kept it locked, unloaded, and the ammunition in a separate location. I understood her reason as she was thinking about entering law enforcement at one point. She had also been living alone as a single woman for many years and liked the feeling of having protection.
That said, no way would I be with a woman who didn't take the same safety precautions. I have kids and I don't want any guns stored out in the open, or with ammunition near or in them.

To the posts about home security, I'm trying to figure out how you will get to your gun, get it out of the cabinet or the trigger lock off, and load your weapon in time to defend yourself against someone breaking down your door. Assuming you are storing your gun in a safe manner. Just doesn't make sense to me.

As for a female clone carrying a gun, it would depend on the reason. Off duty cop, sure. Public figure or maybe had death threats or a stalker? Sure. Likes feeling the warmth of her weapon and the smell of hot lead? I'm running the other way!!!!
 captainbaud
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:33:42 AM
It's major plus if a woman knows how to handle a firearm. Even more-so if she requests to be seated facing the entrance when we go out to dinner. ;)
 Over-Used
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:50:47 PM
I would not have a problem with it at all. Being a retired law enforcement officer, an ex-Marine & raised in mostly rural country settings, I grew up with weapons of all sorts around.

Yes, there are countries that have never allowed their citizens to own firearms & thus many do not have the problems that other countries do with illegal guns. There in lies the biggest misconception. ILLEGAL firearms are a serious problem, not only in the USA, but other places as well! The vast majority of legal gun owners never have occasion to use them except for recreation, hunting or other legitimate uses. Like self defense, RARELY!

However, since firearms have been a part of life in the United States since it's conception, taking away people's right to own them is only begging for trouble! The criminal element is never going to give up theirs, (they don't register theirs!). Henceforth, if the citizenry are denied the right to own at least a modicum of the firepower arrayed against them, they are merely easy prey for the lawless ones who still have them!

Personally, I wish the white man had not brought firearms to this continent & used them to kill my ancestors & steal their land in the first place! It happened though. To deny that would be foolish. Just as denying that there are a lot of bad people in this world, armed to the teeth & ready & willing to use those arms for evil would be foolish.

I too live in a small town where we don't feel the need to lock our doors. I can assure you that there are reasons for that. We have two things that the bad guys don't seem to be comfortable around. That being "Dogs & Guns". Also, everyone knows everyone around them & looks out for their neighbors interests as well as their own.

If you live in such a place, or in a country where you do not have the problems that some face, consider yourself lucky, but don't jump too quickly to judge that which you know little or nothing about, please. "Walk a mile in the other man's moccasins before you judge his beliefs". Then if you don't agree with his viewpoint; well, heck, you'll be a mile away with a new pair of moccasins.

So, if I meet a lady with a gun, I'm going to make sure she knows how to use it safely & responsibly, before we go hunting together.

Live long & prosper Y'all. SEMPER FI.

David
 Brizo
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2006 11:20:54 PM
I've owned a gun since 1983 or so.....a police revolver, smith & Wesson - model 29 -38 special.......it's a good weight for me, I don't circle for quite some time.....I love target shooting

My ex husband was very prone to pulling out a gun to settle an argument. I have never even considered it.....and I will most likely never get a concealed weapons permit, but it does feel reassuring that I can protect myself here at home if I am forced to....

BTW, I used to be an excellent shot, it's been awhile since I've been target shooting, hopefully I haven't lost my skills.....
 2findU
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 9:19:52 AM
Not too crazy about it. I don't have a gun. Not a hunter or target shooter so I don't need a gun. I sure don't care for women with guns, unless she's in law enforcement for a career.
 Brizo
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 3:34:15 PM

Say that again after you're eating some pheasant and a huge venison steak! YUMMY

Hey, when's dinner?? Field greens salad, and a baked potato, hot crusty bread.........And what sort of wine will be served Sir? Oh, and cheesecake for dessert.....
 glenmar
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/13/2006 4:11:54 PM
As long as it is legally owned. It's the illegal ones that are carried by criminals. It certainly does help a girl protect herself from a criminall brute!
 glenmar
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/13/2006 4:16:09 PM
Of course in LONDON they never got that right! IN Florida....sure do! & need it.
 braindrain22
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:53:13 AM
I'd feel however she wants me to feel.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 6:10:01 PM
Has no-one ever seen "Jackie Brown"?
Chicks with guns are cool!
On the other hand, a drunk or an idiot with a loaded weapon or with ammo nearby is an accident waiting to happen. As long as she is responsible, sign me up, officer!
 Wylie_Coyote
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 8:11:12 PM
My 71 year old mother shoots better than most men. She’s never killed anyone that I know of. My little sister killed 2 Iraqis in a POW camp during desert storm with her bare hands when 5 of them tried to rape her. (it still bothers her)

This is so silly hearing all these “I wouldn’t ever date anyone that even looked at a gun” people. Guns don’t kill people, bad people kill people.

Yeah, I’ve got guns and you should too. If it’s a big deal I’ll loan you one till you can get your own.

John
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 11:49:10 AM

How do you feel about women with guns?

Would probably be a plus with me.

how long should she wait to tell a man that she has a gun?

As long as she wants to. Doesn't need to tell me at all if she doesn't want to.

If someone wants to hurt you, a gun is no big deal, she could just as easily do you in with a baseball bat in the middle of the night while you are asleep. In other words, there is not a single documented case in the US of the murder rate dropping once guns were outlawed. In fact, it tends to go the opposite direction because the people who give up their guns are the law abiding. The criminals keep theirs anyway and now they know that the rest of the population is unarmed. I think gun laws come from police labor unions who are worried about getting shot at when they break into the wrong house in the course of a botched arrest.
 CarolyneJ
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/30/2007 1:33:34 PM
Only if she's flirtin'. ;) I mean, really, WTF????
 CarolyneJ
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/30/2007 2:21:05 PM
I've got to add that in most "domestics" that end in death, guns are the, er, smoking gun. usually used by men against women, and by some women as self-defence. I'd be asking the date, male or female, why they need to carry arms in everyday life? Scary.
 CarolyneJ
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/30/2007 2:22:04 PM
Oh yeah. I'm in Canada.
 CarolyneJ
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/30/2007 2:25:39 PM
Alcohol doesn't kill people, people kill people. Otherwise, all taverns would be slaughterhouses.
 Imtheone7
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Women with guns.. here is what can happen..
Posted: 12/30/2007 2:38:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8hxCpAdCJI

You asked for it... click on this link.....

Jeff
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 3:08:09 PM
Absolutely not. The first thing I think of immediately is that if she has a gun, she must be probably a very bitter person, some extremist, some self-delusioned person or just simply a sick freak if she has a gun. Now there are obviously some situations I may understand, like if she is living in a remote area and she has to hunt to get food on the table, then....ok, or if she is in a situation where she knows the guy she is seeing/dating owns and has a gun with him also, then that too would be understandable. Also offcourse if she is in the military or in the police force, then that is also understandable. But otherwise, it is a total red flag, and yes I would get the police on the situation. It's good to play it safe. No one should be walking around with a gun or some weapon like that.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?