Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does a break mean???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prolibertate
Msg: 14
what does a break mean???Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

he did tell me that he wants to make sure that i am the one he wants to be with for the rest of his life so that is why he wanted this just really time to think about his life

If he really means that then he should at least have called you on your birthday...even if he wanted a break. To not do so, means he was thinking much more about himself and not you. Do you really want someone like that? Don't you deserve better? And if he was thinking about you during that time, then why couldn't he pick up the phone and simply say Happy Birthday? There's no excuse for it, IMO, except what the other intelligent people on here are saying...if he acts like a loser, then he's probably a loser.
 dreamgirl1677
Msg: 25
what does a break mean???
Posted: 11/13/2006 2:00:57 PM
does seem kind of strange that he would ask for a week off when he was going away and would have one anyway. He could have went and thought things through without you even knowing he needed to.

There could have been girls involved and if you were broke up then he could have some fun or there could be other reasons.

If you are wondering maybe you should just ask him. Only he really knows.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:59:15 PM
Noone needs to go on a "break" to get away for awhile. If he's just "away" he's away, if he's on a break that means he's not committed. Unless you like the on/off stuff, then date a light switch, at least then it'd be up to you to say when it's "on" and when it's "off". He only wants it "off" for one reason, he wants to turn someone else's switch "on".
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/14/2006 8:43:55 AM
No one breaks for a week to go hunting. And yes, he was probably hunting something else.
Maybe wanted to see how that went first. I guess it went nowhere then he came slithering back.

I can see it now. "Sweetie?
"yes dear?"
"I'm going out tonight to um...get some smokes and won't be around all weekend...I need to break up until Monday. OK?"
"Oh sure sweetie! luv ya!"
 northernmiss
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:52:34 AM
I am all for second chances, but this guy would not get one....no way.

If he needed space for a week all he had to do is communicate his needs honestly and openly. Some people need serious alone time, and some don't....all he had to do was say so....this guy was manipulating something.....he is outta here in my books.

this relationship is doomed, no trust, poor communication, tricks and drama.....let him go, unless you like being treated like this.

dreamgirl1677
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/15/2006 10:43:24 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, the womenfolk always seem to be interested in whatever “days” and “anniversaries” that pop up cause they think of those many days as gift times for them. That is, we guys note with interest that this is a one way deal and “she” never thinks to buy “him” a gift for an anniversary.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the womenfolk always seem to be interested in whatever “days” and “anniversaries” that pop up cause they think of those many days as gift times for them. That is, we guys note with interest that this is a one way deal and “she” never thinks to buy “him” a gift for an anniversary.

This is so not true. I don't know what relationships you have been in but in all mine and any I have seen the gift giving goes both ways. I spoil my man on ALL such occasions.
 ace76
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 11:42:34 AM
The last time I "went on a break" was when I was breaking up with my ex and she suggested to do it (basically to soften the blow).

IMO, if you're wanting a break (which I didn't want - I was just forced to go "ok") you're questioning the relationship, and it's not likely to last.

Not meaning to be negative, but if it's strong and real, these questions don't come up.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does a break mean???