Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel comingPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
>Late, that was a great post!

As for the article it is an editorial. I am sure you could find some right wing article by a rush limbaugh type that would also seem just as inflammatory to the Iranians. All this is, is a article by a rightwing Iranian.

Consider the source and consider the translation.

Does anyone actually think that the Iranians believe that Israel was almost destroyed? Doubtfull. I am sure they saw the same coverage as the rest of the world. That was a 33 day war by Israel on the lebanese people. Hezbollah hardly scratched Israel. Israel hardly scratched hezbollah. This article claims that Jordan, Egypt and Syria are poised to attack Isreal and push them into the sea. It isnt going to happen and those countries are NOT planning any such thing. If in doubt remember that the US gave Israel Nukes back in the 70s to prevent this exact senario. If Isreal is wiped off the map they will take the rest of the middle east with them. The rest of the middle east might not want israel to be there but they understand that it isnt going anywhere.
 arri
Msg: 5
Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming
Posted: 11/15/2006 8:52:44 PM
What is so fantastic is the stuff that MEMRI just makes up and feeds the media. They are so far fledged that ... shaking my head ... you'd think, who would buy this crap? then you hear the same phases ... word for word ... repeated by every news anchor man like a parrot until it becomes a cliche ...
 cotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 7:35:59 AM
This article claims that Jordan, Egypt and Syria are poised to attack Isreal and push them into the sea. It isnt going to happen and those countries are NOT planning any such thing.
Yeah ... I'm of the same impression. I read that as just a bunch of propaganda "bunk". Nothing new ... already been insinuated so many times ... about as believable as the doggone Easter Bunny ... )

But I guess there are people out there who are waiting with bated breath ... just lapping it up. Those are the ones we need to be concerened about ... can't tell the difference between truth and fiction. Now that's scary if you ask me.

The rest of the middle east might not want israel to be there but they understand that it isnt going anywhere.
I wouldn't even go so far as to say that ...

I don't really believe they (the Middle East) don't want Israel to be there. I think they've made it pretty clear that they just want the hard-core Zionists to back off ... live and let live ... be happy with what they've got ... give the Palestinians back their land and leave them alone for crying out loud!!!!!

arri
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:33:09 PM
I don't think over there anyone cares about MEMRI .. or wiping off the map ... or any other miss information being generated over here as news. During the Israel/Hezbollah war, Hezbollah basically refused to talk to the western media. Their argument was simple, we can't care less about the American public opinion, their power base is in the middle east and those are the opinions they cared about.

MEMRI's job is basically to insure that the public opinion in the US and UK support the Israeli agenda. That way, the politicians can keep giving them the money, veto UN resolutions and have rednecks that have no idea what they are talking about .. come to the forums to express those opinions
 Pyro74
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 7:47:42 PM
^^^ Russia and China would not let that happen. If we attack Iran with Israel, we would be starting WWIII.
 arri
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/16/2006 7:58:50 PM
Iran doesn't need Russia and China. They are well prepared for even an attack by the United States. Israel is just too far and a baby. They tested the air-attack efficiency against the Hezbollah with Israel. Iranians developed those tactics for Hezbollah and they have much better toys.
 cotter
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2006 8:27:22 AM

Why is it that the only countries that threaten the globe and humanity are almost always oil rich and on Isreal's sh*t list?
HUH????? The USA is "oil rich"?

I didn't know that ... you learn something new everyday.

Does make one wonder why the US needed to invade Iraq for that oil ... inquiring minds do want to know ...

No wait ... the US invaded Iraq because of the threat of the WMD's. How easily we forget.

The only aggression that I've witnessed recently is that of the USA ... and of course Israel ... well-known bosom buddy of the USA.

cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2006 11:44:50 AM

I'd love if you could find a report that shows how much the US has profited from Iraqi Oil, since occupying the country.
I think it would more interesting to see a report on WHO has profited from the pursuit of Iraqi Oil ... FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

OT ... Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming ... just the usual hogwash that MEMRI pumps out on a regular basis ... so what's new?

arri
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/17/2006 1:20:24 PM

you should really watch some state run iranian TV, specifically when the president of iran is making a speech to his people

Do you speak farsi??? I watched the Anderson Cooper's interview on CNN ... that was enough.
 sparticuss
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/18/2006 2:21:57 PM
Now let me see???

1/ Is this Iranian newspaper a mainstream? Or is is about as credible as ome of the London tabloids.?????

2/ In any attack on Isreal the first building to be destroyed would be, not just the dome of the rock, but the rock itself. Any true Muslim would think twice about an attack when that would be the sacrifice.

3/ Russia is broke, China depends on keeping it sweet with the WHOLE world for trade.

4/ Most Muslim nations hate Iran more than they hate the USA. There has never been a united Muslim front. Never forget that Muslim arabs united, with the Christian British, to drive out the Muslim Turks during WW1.
 arri
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/18/2006 2:39:55 PM
1) Iran supports the Arab league resolution for 2 state solution.

2) Iran is a founding signatory of NPT as well as Chemical, Biological and Test ban treaties.

3) Go ahead and rattle your sabers. They have won in the UN and know that they can handle an attack by the US or Israel.

4) The more crap comes out of MEMRI, the stronger their support structure in the middle east.

5) So what if they openly criticize the Zionist government of Israel. Seem to me, US and Israel openly criticize their regime and government.
 cotter
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2006 4:43:20 PM
I doubt that Iran will attack Israel in the way that is being discussed in this thread ... nuclear war in the Middle East ... it's not going to happen.

If the US would just mind their own business and stop backing Israel, the Israeli's would fall by the way side on their own ... no need to fire a single bullet or drop a single bomb. It would be all over.

Of course we all know that is not about to happen anytime soon ... as the hardcore Zionists here on the North American continent (and like or not, that does include Canada) will be stuffing the pockets of the politicians to the extent that it simply won't happen.

FOLLOW THE MONEY ... Payoffs come in many different packages.

Just to name two:
*the ones to keep the politicians in place that keep the wars going.
*the ones made by the actual sales of arms to keep the war in progress.

arri
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/18/2006 5:16:29 PM
In my experience Iran doesn't really give a rat's ass about Isreal beyond the settlement of the Palestinian issue.

I don't even think, they care all that much about the settlement of the Palestinian issue. They are more interested in their GDP.

There has been a cold war between Iran and US since 79. George Bush was convinced that Saddam had WMDs because he still had the receipts from the Iran/Iraq war. Iranians are politically savvy. Lebanon and Palestinians are just pieces on the chess board. They are supported by the majority of arabs.

Every time US forces their friendly dictators to give Israel a green light, they diminish the influence of those friendly dictators. Israel is the United States' Achilles Heel and for the Iranians a potential negotiating position, as well as a way to gain support among the Arab population.
 cotter
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2006 8:45:50 PM
"If, at some point, Iran does launch nukes at Israel, and there is coverage on every major news network in the world, will you still say that the news is untrue, and is a fabrication of a MEMRI conspiracy? think about it, and answer honestly"
I happen to agree with the above poster ... msg. 56 last paragraph:

The question is irrelevant and comes exceptionaly close to an "appeal to probability" fallacy. The fact is that it hasn't happened, there is no credible evidence that it is likely to happen and the contention that it could happen has no bearing.
However ...

Honestly ... if that should happen, one thing is for sure. Based on past experience with MEMRI, I would be extremely grateful that there would be coverage on every major news network ...
........ so that I wouldn't have to rely on anything MEMRI is reporting.

@cedar ...
but logic tells me some higher power created us
Secular humanism ... Secular humanism is the branch of humanism that rejects theistic religious belief and the existence of a supernatural. It is often associated with scientists and academics, although it is not at all limited to these groups. Secular humanists generally believe that following humanist principles naturally leads to secularism, on the basis that religious views cannot be supported rationally. There are secular humanistic organizations, though these could not be accurately described as churches.

cotter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2006 8:02:57 AM
Hmmm ... msg. 61 & 62 ... you all might want to take that discussion over to the "religion forum" soon.

Back to the: Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming

"The great war is ahead of us, (and will break out) perhaps tomorrow, or in another few days, or in a few months, or even in a few Years... Israel must collapse," the newspaper said.
The "great war" will be to unseat the hard-core Zionists now in control ... it's not going to involve "wiping Israel off the map".

arri
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/19/2006 9:10:22 AM
It's not about religion ... it's about economy and not having a hostile military force at your door step.
 dogar2007
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2006 9:25:06 AM
If any organization (including possibly, MEMRI) has a history of deceit, it is not efficient to spend time chasing down the source documents of each story they publish to see if they are truthful or not this particluar time.

Nor is it logical for me to assume that whatever they say, the opposite must be true.

The first course is tedious and shows the source a respect they no longer deserve. The second course is intellectual laziness.

The only logical course is to ignore them from that point on, and to inform others of their uselessness.
 arri
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:48:10 AM
@ Gorshkov

Since you have a background in translation, let’s start with a word for word technical translation, then you can take your poetic license.

The original Persian phrase that seem to have been translated as “Israel must be wiped off the map” reads as,

“een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad”

The word for word translation is:

een = This
rezhim = Regime
ishghalgar = Occupying
qods = Jearusalm
bayad = Must
az = from
safheh-ye = Pages of
ruzgar = Time/History
mahv = Disappear
 cotter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2006 2:28:23 PM
there are many in Israel who want a stop to this idiocy too.

Just curious - are there any polls or specific percentages to support that assumption?

Who needs polls or percentages when not only the list that "late™" furnished us will show you what you ask, but the IDF has a site listing all of the soldiers to present who have protested serving related to the occupation as well and have served time for refusing to serve.

The only logical course is to ignore them (MEMRI) from that point on, and to inform others of their uselessness.
That sounds sensible to me and is the reason I would ignore anything they print.

... let’s start with a word for word technical translation ...

The original Persian phrase that seem to have been translated as “Israel must be wiped off the map” reads as,

“een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad”

Wow Arri ... that's impressive.

But it comes as no surprise ... since that's what was discovered already and also noted in other threads related to that topic. I've just never seen the word for word translation before.

arri
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:40:22 AM

They are so obviously peaceful. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

Maybe they are just sick and tired of having to explain and apologize all the time.

Frankly, even if they disagree with the some of the tactics utilized by the militant groups, they all agree in principal.
 cotter
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 7:25:24 AM
@Pablo_el_Diablo ...
I think the representative from the Isamic Thinkers Society explains it pretty well in this interview with Glenn Beck.
I would hope that you don't waste too much time listening to his bunk! In order to be fair, I did listened to the link posted above ... it was everything I expected ... Glenn Beck ? ... 'nuf said ...

The caller tried his best to explain that the hard-core Zionists need to go ... that's nothing new and is supported by the information found in msg. 60 of this thread.

NEXT ....

arri
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/20/2006 5:24:52 PM

then why is iran #1 in sponsoring terrorists??

Because they support Hezbollah, Hamas and the Shiite militia in Iraq.

Let's make this clear. Al Qaeda attacked WTC. AL Qaeda cut ron pearl's head off and Al Qaeda and the Saddamists started the civil war in Iraq. The Shiite were attacked first and banded and formed the militias to protect themselves. Al Qaeda comes from and is supported by Saudi Arabia, but I guess, it won't be good for business if Saudis were called the #1 sponsors of terrorists.
 arri
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/20/2006 7:52:33 PM
@late

this is a good article. The analysis is also very good but a little too lame on Iran.

Iranians are not exactly victims. They have been poking at the Americans both economically and politically. Most importantly, they have been taking advantage of the stupidities of Bush administration to gain excellent political capital. Not only in the middle east, but internationally .. and they are using it to poke at the Americans some more ..

What I don't understand is all this misinformation and propaganda. This game is played at a much higher level than printing often comical articles and phrases for demonization. This is costing US a lot of international prestige. It's bad marketing.
 arri
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/20/2006 9:45:32 PM

Given that the US invaded Iraq on false premises and fabricated "evidence",

Not all the evidence was fabricated. They did have the receipts for the nerv gas componants that they had sold Iraq for Iran/Iraq war.
 Luxifero
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/20/2006 9:55:00 PM
"And who has been rejecting all of the peace plans, ...(hint - the most recent one Israel rejected was tabled in Madrid 4 days ago)"

It should be noted that the peace accords proponented by the U.S, Isreal and whomever can relatively ally themselves with this Axis of Evil at the time, are nothing but conditional subordinating texts that delegate far more detrimental policies within them. There is no peace plans, there is simply some arbritrary conditional acceptence of relative calm untill Isreal can muster enough justification to further oppress Palestinians. How many Isrealies have died since 2004 by Palestinian rocket fire? One would be wise to undertake this research and be surprised at how nonsensical Isreali defence of their constant incursion into Gaza for example really is.

This paper should give enough creedence to invade and dismantle the Iranian government as much the rest of the world should have creedence for invading the U.S and toppling their government due to Pat Robbertsons idiotic remarks. What of documents like Operation Northwoods which suggest killing American civilians to justify a war with Cuba? Aren't these such documents just as perilous to a safe and secure society?

Iran has never initiated a war with it's neighbours with the exception of the Iran/Iran war which was subject to American intervention and meddling, Isreal on the other hand has proven itself to be a very arrogant and trigger happy rifle. Isreal should be watched before anything.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming