Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Message to short      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chef_Charles
Msg: 18
Message to shortPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well at least I now know what the topic is all about. I had wondered at the UK forums thing myself, and I try to decide based on the topic if anything I have to say can help the poster, or if it is just noise in the machine and worthless to anyone , IE, My ego is larger than the box I put it in, so it spilled out on the floor and had to be wiped up.

I try to preform brevity in motion of pixels to eyeballs to brain, while writing, so I do it also in my advice, noise never helps get to the kernal.
 brawnydog
Msg: 23
Message to short
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:16:45 AM

Not that you care or anything, I just want to blatantly waste your time by making excuses...I mean, explaining my actions

My beer cozie says "Just because I don't care, doesn't mean that I don't understand".

sometimes I give a short answer or explain why I believe a thread will be deleted...and then vote for it.

Minimum limits are only imposed upon members who aren't cluing in on proper
posting procedure.
 RagDollChick
Msg: 45
Message to short
Posted: 2/2/2007 10:29:48 AM
As soon as I created my profile I had this restriction in place, from the first post. No previous chatting, one liners etc.

Initially, I believed this was something for "newbies". It does become frustrating when all you have to say can be summed up in one brief statement, especially since there was no pre-existing chat or short posts.

Just checked your history, there seems to still be chat.
 dguy4u247
Msg: 49
Message to short
Posted: 2/23/2007 4:50:23 PM
I agree with undateable..............people are being unexplainably and unfairly treated on this site.

I've even noticed members humbling themselves when communicating with some of these Monitors... beyond polite manners, because they fear them...it's ridiculous.

The .."it is our ball and if you don't like it we are taking our ball home" approach is lame.

Moderators are developing attitudes towards members and treating them differently than other members that are more politically palatable for them.

Nothing more than cyber censorship.

Moderators that are doing this are ruining the site, some are even experiencing some type of delusions of grandeur that they are extraordinary beings or something.

Guarantee if you post something within the “so-called” rules, that is not appreciated by a particular Monitor, that post will be deleted and you will become marked.

Just a fact

Let's see, hmmmm?

One of your posts -

What is with MANY, MANY guys being shallow????
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:34:55 PM
If this isn't a thread topic that has been beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beateand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beatenand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beateand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beatenand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten aand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beateand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beatenand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beateand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beatenand beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten...there never was one...

I'm confused with the site rules....where is the moderator here????????Why aren't the rules applied equally?

Did it occur to you to let a moderator know?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 50
Message to short
Posted: 2/24/2007 1:33:38 AM
..............people are being unexplainably and unfairly treated on this site.

I've even noticed members humbling themselves when communicating with some of these Monitors... beyond polite manners, because they fear them...it's ridiculous.

The fine Art of Generalization aside, please tell me exactly what I do to induce fear?

What is it that I do that makes it ridiculous?

Seeing to it that the rules and format of the Forums are applied?

The .."it is our ball and if you don't like it we are taking our ball home" approach is lame.

Here is the actual approach:

Click on the Links below to familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules and Terms of Service/User Agreement:

Related Links:Welcome Newbies
RULE BREAKING!!!!
Forum Rules - General
Forum Rules - Specific
Forum Posting Guidelines
Terms of Service/User Agreement
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Forum Rule Violations - Report Thread

Moderators are developing attitudes towards members and treating them differently than other members that are more politically palatable for them.

Moderators that are doing this are ruining the site, some are even experiencing some type of delusions of grandeur that they are extraordinary beings or something.

Anything else you can create out of thin Air?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 52
 Deceased~
Msg: 54
Message to short
Posted: 1/2/2008 8:33:26 PM

when I got back and found the limited character rule in place there was no explanation

I think you will find that some things are considered privileges and when you go to banned camp for a few days those privileges must be re-earned.

Sort of resets the clock in a way. Privileges are tied to not only time but performance.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Message to short