Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Are you happy beening single???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abyssdc1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Are you happy beening single???Page 1 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Well better than telling your cat
Yah would be nice to have someone..... closer
 Ravyyn
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Are you happy beening single???
Posted: 4/19/2005 7:53:11 PM
I would have to agree with some of the points made in this thread but for the most part - it's sucks being single.

I prefer someone around me during those times when you need someone to talk to and your friends are being pains in the ass about talking to you. It's nice to hold someone when you've had a stressful day. It's great to wake up with someone beside you and you always have a golf partner/movie buddy/date when you want.

As for the single side, the one thing I love - no one to answer to.
 DropDeadGorgeous
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:41:49 AM
I went next to 3 years without having a boyfriend untill I found this site. That's where I met Justin like a month and a half ago. Since I now have a boyfriend, if me and him were to ever break up, I don't think I'd be able to go too long without having another one. I like having the attention I get and the phone calls that have no importtance behind them. I love it.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/29/2005 12:55:41 PM
I love being single...I come and go as I please, pay my own bills, I love my job and do it well....I date casually and consider being single a whole lot better than being in an unhappy relationship.....My life is very busy with work, family and friends....I love my time alone on the computer or pursuing my own interests...I have a huge circle of friends and never lack an invitation to go out...I don`t have to pick up after anyone or cook if I don`t feel like it...It`s all good. I can have sex when I want, with whomever I want, and then they can go home... Now, if I was to give all this up...he would have to be a very special guy....
 teamgreen
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/31/2005 10:43:21 AM
"KANADAA"

you could be with me?
 Northern Lights
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/11/2005 8:59:16 PM
You need to be happy in your own skin, nobody else can do that for you. So, yes, I am happy being single. I've got my kid, friends, a job that for the most part I love and everything else going for me.

I dont need a man to 'complete' me. It would be nice to have someone COMPLIMENT my life, but I dont need it so badly that I'm willing to settle for less then I want/deserve. I do just fine on my own.

actually.. yes... when you state the typical weekend that you did earlier... i was sincerely concerned.. considering you have a child and such a wild weekend life...

And your point would be exactly what redneck???

I've left my house straight after work on a Friday and not come home till sometime Sunday... what's wrong with that?

And yes, I DO have a child, but on the weekends I do that, my child is with dad.

Just because you're a parent, doesnt mean you're not allowed to cut loose and have fun once in awhile. The weekends I dont have my child, I am free to do as I please, and I DO do as I please... If it means taking a spontaneous road trip somewhere or getting shit faced with friends, I do it on my OWN time.

You yourself say in your own profile that you drink often (3x+ per week).... WHERE is your child when you're doing all this drinking?!?!?!

Pot. Kettle. Black, IMO.... dont preach to someone else about their lifestyle when obviously you do the same thing, with your kids present (from what I could gather reading your profile, NOBODY can drink 3x+ per week and NOT have their kids around!!!!)
 Ravyyn
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2005 9:49:33 PM
I tell you, I would rather be single than having do deal with some of the crap I have been from some of the dates recently.

I honestly think people need to lighten up in general and take things as fun and not get all tied up in stuff. I could elaborate but I would rather not name names here (even though we met on another site).
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/8/2005 2:52:20 PM
what the hell is "beening" single? Is that like throwing baseballs at single people while you're walking down the street, and seeing if anyone charges at you? If that's what it means, then yes, I'm happy with it.
 carnation57
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:05:19 PM
I don't think anyone if they are true to themselves is totally happy alone. You learn to not miss what you don't have, that is the difference. Personally I don't want to go through life alone I want to know that the person I love will be there no matter what. You have to know going in that it is work you have to let that person know you love them, and still love yourself. I miss a hug trying to laugh at a bad joke. I am happy alone in my own way, do I want to give it up Hell yes WHY you ask, because getting a hug from someone who loves you is worth more than anything else in the world.
 Rodzores
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 1:50:47 PM
I just want to put in here, that what 1 person consider's single, and what someone else consider's being single, could be way way 2 different thing's, for example, a guy/girl dates a few different guy's/gal's, (now not judging for it just saying), but he/she got a few tossin around, im gonna guess thats the "Single and loving it" but what if single means, being all alone and not dating anyone, would that be single and loving it? I dont think so. just thought this may have some bearing on the difference in answer's (im not judge for how you live, its all good, just curious) it would sure change some answer's im guessing if there was a standard for whats "single or not", thats my .02c, which is in canadian so its my .13 of a cent? another 6 of these and i could have an american penny.
 Ravyyn
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:02:18 PM
Gotta love it when you run into things and it's too late...
 Ravyyn
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:11:50 PM
That almost sounds like an invite...
 Ravyyn
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:14:28 PM
Yes, I do believe I have to make up for skipping out on you last night...

Besides, need a good groping today... *lol*
 Ravyyn
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:21:34 PM
Hmm, that could be tempting...

You'll have to do it in my absence though so I am sure you'll take advantage of me...I mean that...

Off to a meeting!
 Rodzores
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:47:38 PM
Thats because dog's are smarter then men, But you can teach an old Rod new trick's
 Rodzores
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:59:13 PM
Pop out of my nose, that has to be a point for the newbie! stings like a son of a ...
Sorry Jolie' gotta call it how i see it
 Rodzores
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 7:48:24 PM
Sounds completely reasonable to me!
 Free Bass
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 7:51:04 PM
Who are you, & what'd ya do w/ Jolie???
 Rodzores
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:15:52 PM
Drug Induced, im gonna say lies' at least this city is Dried up, I might not come out from under my rock for awhile
 Rodzores
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:29:07 PM
Omg dude run, i kinda thinking Jolie gonna shove a trumpet up your ass! This one time at band camp!
 Ravyyn
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:07:06 PM
Okay I returned...maybe I have a death wish or something...
 Ravyyn
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:12:55 PM
Howdy...

Left jolie a few hours back so I figured I would pay a quick visit before heading off to bed. Trying to get that courage thing going for tomorrow night.
 Ravyyn
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:17:23 PM

Hey you.........Ravyyn.......I have been saving a spanking for you

Oh? Have I been bad?

As for tomorrow, not 100% sure yet...
 Ravyyn
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:20:29 PM

Rav: I can't go tomorrow..but i will in the next week or so..hope to see ya there buddy!

Next week or so? What, we're making this a weekly thing now?
 Ravyyn
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:23:01 PM

you dont have have to be bad to be spanked by me!

I see...well nothing is stopping you then...
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Are you happy beening single???