Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > when did dating become just sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenEyesAndHam
Msg: 5
view profile
History
when did dating become just sex?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

EVERY guy I have dated in the past 4 months have all wanted sex by the end of the first date.

Whoever's choosing these men for you is doing a poor job - blame him/her.

GE&H
 stoneside
Msg: 18
when did dating become just sex?
Posted: 11/24/2006 7:19:22 PM
My ex and I. We dated for 6 years. We had sex on the first date. I told her I just wanted to be held but I guess I got the bonus package.

Sometimes two people will have sex on the first date and then not see each other again. Lets face it, everybody SAYS they are good in bed but how many really are. So you have sex, one or both didn't enjoy all that much, end of dating that for that "couple".

Some times a man or a woman just wants the sex and nothing more. Again, so much for that "couple". They were just looking for the lay.

BUT....

Sometimes you just click. You spend the date wondering how the other person's lips will feel on your's. One thing leads to another. The sex is great. You see how far the lust will take you, sometimes all the way to love.

If I meet a lady that I want to have as soon as I can cus I want to know how it will feel and she feels the same way. I go for it. I have a hard time believing having good or great sex with a person will reduce the odds of a second date. I'd want more.
 Smjle
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/25/2006 10:23:37 AM
More often than not, that would not occur with guys my age and younger. No doubt you are dating guys near your own age. I haven't been that age so I can only guess. Perhaps it is because they have more experience.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/25/2006 5:10:19 PM
The guy's the persuer, and in 99% the cases, he at least feels or expected to be, even if you talked w/ him first. So, it should come as no surprise that a lot of guys aren't going to stop themselves at first base when the 1st base umpire isn't telling him to stop. A lot of us guys will still step forward until we get signals that it's not going to go any further. It doesn't mean every guy is demanding sex -- he may very well not even expect it to get that far at all -- he just tries to keep the flow going -- and yes, it can get carried away by both parties!

If he really likes you, has a brain, and you aren't at all luring him sexually, he won't at all PUSH for sex. If he finds you reasonably attractive but doesn't much see you (or possibly any girl) as girlfriend material, he might push the envelope to see how far you'll go with sex on his mind.
 youandme
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/25/2006 7:25:38 PM
Its natural for them to push for it, they r hunters lol
some will see you again if they like you & some wont cuz you gave it up to fast.
Recheck your profile ( NO I NEVER LOOKED) dress for what you want, you can tell in the chat whos flakey and whos not
 Smjle
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/26/2006 5:47:56 AM
Often, when a guy first meets a gal he sees her as a potential sexual conquest not as a person with feelings because there is no emotional attachment. It takes a while for a guy to get to know you, become emotionally attached, and care for you as a person.

Typically if a guy seeks sex on the first date it is because of the vibes and signals the woman is giving and her willingness to engage in touching, kissing, etc. With some girls you know not to try to have sex because, if you try, you know you will not even get another date. You know by their vibes and actions. They are cautious, they will not enter your apartment, they will not get into the back seat of your car with you, they will not kiss, etc.

Therefore, if guys are seeking sex on the first date it is because you are giving them permission. If you are giving them permission, why are you complaining? If you are that kind of woman, of course we don’t respect you. Why should we? Easy gals are okay for a sexual fling. However, you don’t want a long-term relationship with a woman that doesn’t respect herself and that numerous other guys have had.
 foggy123
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:08:56 AM
I might want sex on the first date.. But your NOT going to know that.. Sometimes the journey is better then getting there. I'm a very patience guy, and very romantic.. Sex on first date is to soon.. Make her want U for all the right reasons.. Haha O ya
 ccmagickbabecc
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/27/2006 6:41:51 PM
I have to say my profile thats says I wanna get laid on the first date went over better than I want love and if you just want sex then forget about it. But some guys who respond to it are disrespecful so I say yeah baby I wanna fuk you but i have genital warts! Then I show them a pic of the nastiest case of warts I could find from the internet. LOL
 Golden_Triangle
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/27/2006 8:53:37 PM
" EVERY guy I have dated in the past 4 months have all wanted sex by the end of the first date."

Umm, your a Scorpio and have not figured that out yet, umm yeah sure, lol.
 fun_42
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2007 12:26:30 PM
hmmm.......dating? whats dating?
 Smjle
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/23/2007 3:25:09 PM
Because that is what women want. It is now and alway has been a woman's choice.
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/25/2007 8:33:38 PM
in whistler thats all there is
 asiankingx
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/29/2007 2:33:19 AM
what a retarted quesiton LMFAO
men are f in hrony an wanna fauk
if men could fauk u w/o even meeting u for more than 1 minute they would..NUFF SAID
 Beat Me Up
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/29/2007 3:04:56 AM
Sex is appropriate after the first date however it really is contingent on what you do on the date. For example ...Timmies for a coffee is worth a hand job, a meal at a half way decent restaurant is a blow job and dinner at a classy place is intercourse ...its quite simple
 Seavoyage
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2007 4:01:23 AM
Scorpion girl, if you are not very good at figuring out their intentions, then don't sleep with them on the first date. If a man bails on you, because you haven't had sex by the third date or first date, then he isn't that interested in a relationship and might be kind of superficial. A person is not going to die if he doesn't have sex now as opposed to two or three weeks later. Some guys just want sex, and you only represent sex to them. Some guys might be really interested in you and feel it is normal to have sex on the first date. I think it is kind of rushing things to have it on the first date.
You barely even got to know the person, and you are in the sack? I can't say I've never done that, but I wouldn't do it with a girl who doesn't have the same intentions, because I am not a user or player thinking "Who cares about the girl, I am a man, and I want sex". I realize women are also human beings. Many of us are kind of taught that women are just to be used for sex until we want to settle down and fall in love with one of them, but if a guy did that to one of our daughters, we would crucify him. I prefer not to be a hypocrite.
 STH III
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 12:09:33 AM
I love sex so waiting is not fun unless you have to but sex with a steady partner is much mor fun. Remember, almost all me are driven by their sex drive, thats just biology.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > when did dating become just sex?