Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Inviting People out to Forum Events      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 2
Inviting People out to Forum EventsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I used to invite people all the time when I was hosting Vic coffee events. Most of the time guys were insulted that I was just promoting an event and that it wasn't email inviting them into my bedroom.

I quit inviting guys to anything.
 energy08
Msg: 4
Inviting People out to Forum Events
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:03:06 PM
I havn't even heard of a forum event.Guess I'm still a newbe.I tried to invite some one who is in the forums to an event,but I guess I was the wrong gender,damn restrictions.

Considering some of the things I'v heard sead in the forums,is it a good idea? lol
 who_the_fox
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:15:08 PM
Transportationally challenged is only an issue if you LET IT BE.

I don't drive and I live on the Rock. That is about as challenged as you can get and yet I get to events in Comox, Clearwater, Nanaimo, Aldergrove, Surrey etc etc and 98% of the time on public transit.

First event I went to I didn't know anyone at all....was sharing a hotel room with strangers even....have never looked back
 bcboy72
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:25:29 PM
I quit inviting people to events...you invite one...and 100 show up...what is with that? Then they leave strange objects around your yard...garbage bags of empties...full porta potties... And alot of very vague memories, that only come back with pictures that never should have been taken...I don't recommend events.
 *Kid Wicked*
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:41:24 PM
depends on the people.as a rule,people are flakes.they will do flakey things.

just look at the party threads.200 sign up but only 100 show up.

and it's only going to get harder to put on events with the rules that big fish put in place.

it seems that most of the profiles say,"sick of the bar scean" yet most of the events take place in a bar or pub.

some people are afraid to say no to people.they'll say they'll show up even if they have no interest in attending.

just keep inviting them.just don't count on them showing up.
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/27/2006 6:32:17 AM
I invite tons out to events..

the REAL people go to the functions..

tell them that!! and tell them to look at some pics

lots like wing night.. because it is not soooooooooooo many people...

gee that reminds me...

Is it Tuesday yet??????
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/27/2006 12:35:50 PM
I invite lots of people out to events as bigpapag said and seldom do I get a negative comment or an outright rejection as the invite is general!

The first event I attended was New Years @ Checkers in Vancouver and being the shy and reserved person that I am, I only met a couple of fish at that event. Since that time I have really tried to get over my shyness and introduced myself to many many people although I still seem to shrink back and not dance, carouse or carry on!

I think that many people still have an old point of view on todays society and "think" we are still just a "couples" oriented society, when over 70% of people are single. If one can get past that and just enjoy meeting new people, I think they have way more fun! There is no "need" to pair off and be seen as "getting lucky" as new friends are more than that!

The network that people form at events is simply amazing and I have seen many people subsequently form successful relationships. IMHO ...If I can't have you as a friend first, I certainly don't want you as a mate, ever!

It has been lots of fun to get out and meet new people and I cannot understand why anyone would not come out and meet new people in a non pressured situation!
 samadongshi2
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/27/2006 1:28:15 PM
invited a few yes I have. Some have come out and some haven't.
Reasons why some who used to come and don't anymore as they have stated they r sick of the bs and head gamers (both sexes).
Some pple don't want to listen to the bs etc.
I've invited pple out and they have had a great time to the point when they have linked up with someone else but yet they still flirt with me @ the same time.
Now, I ask WTF is that all about. U pick someone else up, still flirt with me and then the chickee gives me the what for biaotch crap.
Didn't do a damm arss thing I just know the guy. Freak off and leave me alone then the both of u.
I am soooo not into the head games, I know the rules of the freaken game. If u don't know the freaken rules go away and don't bother me!
I am out to have fun, meet some new pple, hang out with old friends and socialize.
Superficiality does not belong @ the events as far as I am concerned and go see ur own therapist. My office is closed! TY!
 BonnieB
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 2:35:15 PM
I've usually invite someone because I don't want to go alone..

When I get a "No" answer it usually because of one of three reasons

1) They don't know anyone
2) They feel like they are at "show and tell"
3) They don't like having their picture taken and posted without their permission.

I can sometimes talk them around the first two.. but not the third
What can you do?
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/27/2006 3:22:01 PM
I have always had some degree of difficulty understanding why people might not want their picture shown, even though they have one or more on their profile? What is the reasoning behind that?

Is it that they don't want to be seen having by others? Perhaps it is more likely that they have someone they are dating and don't want to be honest? Is it because the pictures they have "up" are out of date?

I can understand the people that don't want "certain" people to see where they are going, but where we have been is pretty well open anyway.

Hmmmmmmm.....I think I'll ponder that for a while.
 musicnut46
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/27/2006 3:22:23 PM
Gal's will be Gal's,Guys will be Guys You just need a to meet a guy who knows how to dance It is a great way to get to know a Gal...some women LOVE dancing......can be a BIG plus if you do too and if it gets to "slow-dancing",who knows,right?The events can be a great way to get to know folks but a good idea is to determine the "friends" or possibility of more than that first
 who_the_fox
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/29/2006 4:34:28 PM

BUT! I'm not suggesting us manly Canadian men start dancing together . . . god no . .

Perhaps the manly Canadian men could dance with us womanly Canadian women?
 energy08
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/29/2006 5:12:18 PM

Is it that they don't want to be seen having by others? Perhaps it is more likely that they have someone they are dating and don't want to be honest? Is it because the pictures they have "up" are out of date?

I think it's because one of every twenty or so pictures ,are one that said person would post on thier profile,and then there is always the dreaded fear of the really bad one .
 who_the_fox
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:21:28 PM
God...if I whined about every bad pic every taken of me at an event I would have written 15 volumes by now!!

And besides....if the only pics you want the world to see are the carefully selected edited and flattering ones then maybe you have a few issues to deal with before you can go out in public anyway
 energy08
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:48:45 PM
Hey I don't mind the pictures of me,but I think some people see it that way.

P.S .great picture Fox.
 Walts
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:19:36 AM

Yea the dumbass in the states that was on a singles site and was recognized from americans most wanted .......

That would be ONE reason why a person would'nt want their pic thrown on the internet for the world to see. There are many others,,,,and some legitimate. What some people must remember concerning pics, is that on your profile it is YOUR choice to put the pics up. When the party pics are put up,,,,it would be the taker's choice NOT the one being taken's to have put on the internet. Therein lies one problem.
I belong to a couple of fishing sites, and I NEVER put a pic up on it, even it's just a fishy pic. There are reasons for that also, and it has nothing to do with being on "the most wanted" list nor would be for the reason "I am hiding something". Of course,,, this would be MY opinion only.
 musicnut46
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/30/2006 11:23:15 PM
Where you From?The No booze at events sounds like a plan?No "score" but maybe "meet"women" you
ve communicated with with no worries and find-out what you can't online and who knows "PLENTYOFFISH"...you might get "caught"......might make a "friend"..........might get"snagged" on something else
 ColdStranger
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/1/2006 3:49:50 AM
Hi PuppyLove,
You see, I should confess, I have a problem here with this "coming out to
a forum event". I still have the problem even after reading all of yours,
thank you everybody, encouraging messages.
Strats4 voiced opinion that "Some of the guys are nervous about dancing"
and he is right, but this fear is nothing compare to mine!
Just a little bit a background. Once upon a time, years and years ago
(and that was a true story by the way) when, as I like to say, I was way
younger, taller and curlier, I suddenly found myself in a middle of dark
room surrounded by at least 200 women. To make it spicier, I should
tell you, that all of them were wearing hijab and on top of it they wasn't
happy to see me there at all! How did I know about women happiness
at that sweet young age? Well, did you ever hear the hiss of a snake?
So, multiply that on 200. Got the picture?
So, as you easily guess, by seeing me typing this message, I made it,
I got out in one piece. Now, back "to a forum event" which made me even
more scary that described above one. Just think about it this way, there
were 200 women and I was in the middle, but none of them I promised
I would marry her or anything else and I hardly made it out.
Compare that "event" with "the forum event" where there are at least a
few beautiful women that I exchanged messages with.
... And now I am done...
You see, my age range in those messages were anywhere from 35 to 95 ...
Oh, please, just dont start with that, dont call me the that, I am just
creative! Here is for an example, look what I found - nice 91 year old
girl! And with my 95 years it could be nice match and she even said that
"She is waiting for me!!" Imagine, it was 2 exclamation marks in original
posting and she even didn't met me yet!
Dont tell me you are not into "head games", check for yourself right here:
http://www.plentyoffish.com/member645664.htm#in

Ok, got too distracted with that girl. What else may be unusual in my
- inches of my height changing constantly
- my body type went from few extra pounds to average, athletic or slim and
back and forth a few times
- I ate sushi and liked romantic walks on seawall
- pictures dated from me being a few months old sexy bare naked to mature
95 years old and slightly less sexy
- I was smocking occasionally and quitting few times per one logon session
on POF.
- went from Drinking Occasionally Like a Fish to Sober state. Few times.
- hell, even my accent was changing from Italian to Spanish and Russian for
a few times!
(
Not without the reason!
Of cause its because I read "Sexy Accents" and another "Accents" forums at
POF. What a headache for me, only MissEyes didn't gave me exact specific
as she likes "anything with a light lilt". I am taking courses for that
right now, no to much progress still.
)
- there were a complete mess with a marital Status as it went from
a Single to Prefer Not to say / Socially / Divorced / Not decided yet /
Separated

... You see where some small misunderstanding may come from?

And on top of it all of you will be there at the same time!
Dear PuppyLove, just imagine. Here is the event. I am talking to MissEyes my
favorite line about how I am only one woman man and you are approaching
me from the right, with flatware in your hands, saying: "Well, well, keep
going, I will listen this for a while". And on the other side some one else
saying to me: "Oh, Hi! What a surprise!" I dont think that at this point I
have any chances to use word 'misunderstanding' for a second time.
Seriously, do you see me alive exactly for how long after that?

Dear PuppyLove, and that was not the worst part. Most importantly,
as some of mine messages got deleted, I don't know and don't remember who
I wrote what. I wrote messages to at least for 3 girl that already
registered for this upcoming forum event. May be more, what if I dont
remember that as well? And what if others snick in unregistered?
Could you girls, please, let me know what did I tell each of you personally,
and the more specific the better. You can place it right here instead of
messaging to me, as this way its not going to be deleted again! Please, do
so, this way, if I dare enough, I can attend the event more organized and I
may have some chances to save my life for a second beer.
Cant recall, Is my profile currently saying that I do not drink ... ,
occasionally perhaps?

PS.
Who is the organizer of such event?
Are you still call it an "event"? It is the trap! Who is in charge?
Seltic_spice, please, I understand that under the current circumstances
it would be extremely naive on my part to ask any guarantee of personal
immunity. All I am asking for from honorable organizers is just to give me
a few minutes to write my last wishes. Just before I will be torn on pieces,
burned and my ash will be spreaded over parking lot. Just before that
I need few minutes to write to all of my exes, confess and ask
for forgiveness.
If its not called 'dead-end romantic', then what?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/1/2006 6:39:24 AM
Hahaha

It is more likely people will say hi and then ignore you for the rest of the night.
 lvmusic_lv2dance
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 8:22:43 AM
I have to say I agree with Fox, most likely people will say hello and then move on. I have occasionally invited people to events. Some might take it the wrong way and some don't. Doesn't bother me at all. I personally don't like the people who slam events even though they have never been to them. I have been to many events and have met so many great people. For me the events are an opportunity to socialize with friends and people who I at least have one thing in common with. (we are all single) This doesn't mean I go to an event looking for a hook-up. I go because it gives me the opportunity to go out and meet some new people. I say don't knock it until you try it. It might not be for everyone but from what I have seen it definitely is for a large number of people. See you all at the next event.....
 musicnut46
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/1/2006 11:07:11 PM
You communicate with a Gal...Meet her at an event and find-out you can only be a Guy and A Gal that "know" each other and then you get uncomfortable at the events I know lots of women got a few as "friends" but "need"more than that
 samadongshi2
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/2/2006 8:43:50 AM
i think going to the events is a great way to meet new pple , new friends etc. I love the events and have shifted my priorities from being a workaholic to someone who like to enjoy the company of others. It's all about my mental health.
At the events i can act up, alugh my butt off and dance. It seems that after the events the numbers climb on my fav's list.
It's nice to associate the name to the face and vice versa, especially when they post on the forums.
Many times pple have come up to me and say that they wanyted to meet me after I post.I post 'cuz this is better than writing in my journal in my eyes.
Its safer for women to come to meet someone @ an event than on ur own and will not do that anymore.
that's my 2 cents
 musicnut46
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/2/2006 5:35:18 PM
My last "girlfriend" didn't like me showing other women how to to two-step and wouldn't let me teach her properly because she considered some moves to "friendly" It's a "dating" site after all Some things you can only find-out in person
 musicnut46
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/9/2006 11:29:37 AM
You go out dancing because you enjoy dancing,no to get drunk My scenario...is I don't go-out to "events" or "dancing"without a "date" no more because I know Gals that I've told can only be women I know,maybe have some fun with but no "attaction" allowed and they don't "get-it"
 who_the_fox
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/9/2006 7:47:09 PM

My scenario...is I don't go-out to "events" or "dancing"without a "date" no more because I know Gals that I've told can only be women I know,maybe have some fun with but no "attaction" allowed and they don't "get-it"

Can we get a translation, please? I have read that 3x now and it still doesn't make sense.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Inviting People out to Forum Events