Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Intimacy after sex how important is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leeanne
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Intimacy after sex how important is it?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Intimacy should be ALL THE TIME - not just during and after sex!!!
If you are not feeling intimacy in your relationship at all times, there are other issues to deal with!!
Intimacy after sex how important is it?
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:07:23 AM
If you deny your partner the support that comes from the sexualy experience you cheapen not only the act but the person as well ... So in turn if you cuddle up together and do the littel things that show your enjoyment and the sharing of said act then that reinforces the behaviour. Wow ... Take it away Dr. Phil ... lol

But, it really is about the fact of what you wanted out having sex. If you just wanted to have sex and get out ... then are you going to cuddle afterwards? Nope ... But if you have an emotional connection to that person ... you bet you are ... simple as that.

crazychristy266
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:42:04 AM
its very important, just as important as the sex itself. i love to cuddle afterwards :)
 dodgeboys3
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/29/2006 10:01:11 AM
i think it is more important, intimacy after sex is call making love
 Leeanne
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:11:20 PM

But to me someone who needs to be loved after making love is needy, and looking for approval.

No it just shows respect for what we truly mean to one another. When I look at my man I can't help but hold him, touch him, cuddle him and he does the same with me. Sometimes we simply run across the room at each other and dive in for the cuddles and kisses. It means sooo much to know we desire each other at this level. I always want my heart to skip a beat!!!
 babyg
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:17:11 PM
its a turn off if someone has sex with u and then jus turns over n goes to sleep or gets up n watches t.v....i like any kinda contact wether it b talking touching, kissing, anything..
 ~~~HK~~~
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:31:31 PM
Intimacy is important before, during and after sex and I feel in order to have a high quality relationship with one person intimacy is a requirement the same as trust and respect!

That said I don't require intimacy to have good sex but intimacy does seem to take sex to a higher level that is much more enjoyable. My question is what type of intimacy are we discussing after sex and is there different types of intimacy?

For me I really don't care to be snuggled up and mushy after sex. I don't require that kind of intimacy.However I've learned most men think women do & want it and feel they are doing what they are suppose to be doing. I openly admit I have intimacy issues and I'm growing as a person. The first time a man went to "snuggle" me after sex it sorta freaked me out and I jumped out of the bed and said wtf are you doin? he admitted he said all girls want to snuggle after sex.....I said okay well I don't, so please don't. << This was a few years ago.

Intimacy after sex for me is cool to just hang out in bed, have a drink & a smoke. Saying nothing really at all & just being me after hitting my Utopia is totally Kewl. Looking at a man in my bed so relaxed & satisfied and just him is intimate enough for me.

So intimacy is just important but what we each consider intimate is unique to each one of us.

JMHO
HK

ETP,Liistening to tunes is for me is an Optimal intimate experience before- especially during sex and after. Peace out.......but hey I gots alot to learn phewwwwwww Leeanne is my mentor
 Loopy_18
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:48:59 PM
"Its the secret glances from across the room that no one sees but me, or the glisten in his eye when I walk in the room, or the way his eyes follow my every movement. Its the way he makes me feel every minute of every day that gives me all I need to know how he truely feels, and its always done without saying a word."

Chicky-poo... the above IS intimacy....

Loopy
 Thundershowers
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:07:54 PM
The intimacy after the sex is totally important. That's when the cuddling, huggling, kissing, nuzzling and affection starts. It is totally fun! Some people simply are not that intimate. That is them. Once they've had the orgasm sex is done, turn onto your side and go to sleep.
 gardennut
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:15:11 PM
Cuddling, caressing and talking are all mandatory post-coital activities for me. There's nothing better than snuggling in the arms of my man after passionate loving.

I once had a relationship with a man who shut me out completely after sex---which was very odd, because he was very warm and affectionate before and during sex. I addressed it with him, but it didn't change. Needless to say, I ended the relationship. It's sad, because there was a great deal I liked and valued about him.

Now, my current fellow is a cuddleholic. Talk about an afterglow!
 Thundershowers
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:22:08 PM
I agree with this one. Having that naked babe next to you and just rubbing up against her touching each other can be a total mind blowing experience and even more fun than sex sometimes!
 gardennut
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:31:16 PM
I find that women who need "intimacy" are very bad in bed.

Oh, sweetie, who have you been having sex with???

Not me, obviously...
 gardennut
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:46:49 PM

Not sure you will ever find a woman that wants sex as much as a guy, and that has a normal life and no major issues...

(sits on hands so as to not allow them to fly to the keyboard...bounces up and down on hands....)

ME!!! ME!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!

Hell, I probably like sex MORE than you, Mecheng! Wanna have a contest?
 Mandi_413
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:52:09 PM
Anyone can have great sex without being emotionally involved/attached. It’s easy to not notice the wrinkles, extra pounds or scars in the heat of the moment. But, with true intimacy, even though you see all that, it doesn’t matter. You lovingly touch, kiss and stroke those imperfections. You cuddle, snuggle and talk about all sorts of things – not just sex – because you’re comfortable with and confidant enough to know that person wants you for more than just sex. Sometimes, you share your deepest thoughts, desires and secrets – both happy ones and painful.
 Looking_in_Ottawa
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:48:02 PM
Well for me personally, its very important. I love that after sex cuddle. Both of you are just laying there, sweating, panting, trying to regain your senses, holding each other close. After a good orgasm and that release, a person is pretty much at their most vulnerable so its nice to be able to share that moment with someone else.

Of course, to play devils advocate as I so commonly do .. there ARE some people, who after sex just dont want to be touched, kissed, anything. They just want to avoid contact. If I am with a woman who is like that, it doesnt really bother me that much. Id MUCH rather the former, but to each their own.
 cobias
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/1/2006 11:22:34 AM
I think it is a personal struggle based on a persons background and that most guys nowadays have been raised in a ( excuse the term ) softer way than back in my dad or grandpa's way and personally I enjoy that "time of intimacy" as much as having sex itself.
 bored23
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 1:05:46 PM
Heck, I could cuddle without sex. After sex, the cuddling and cute coversation is a nice way to come off the "high". Plus, for all you know, you may be only "taking a break". Post-sex intimacy is a good way to bond with your partner, I would think.
 Razzle1
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/4/2006 1:32:25 PM
Bound for Camelot - In my opinion, the after sex intimacy is all part of it. Each stage of lovemaking is special
in it's own way. The anticipation, the act itself, and mellowing out in each others arms afterwards. It is kind of like the day starts of with the sunrise, and then the regular day, but it would not be complete without a sunset! All 3 parts of the day are needed to make the day whole, as all three stages of lovemaking are necessary to have a complete act.

My last partner did not like to be cuddled afterwards, and I could never understand why. Maybe that is a part of why I am no longer with her. LOL!
 Sauder
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/2/2008 1:14:51 AM
Oh, if she does not want the cuddles, the hugs, the light kisses everywhere, the round 2 with whip cream, the bath for her after it... then she does not want me and I sure don't want her.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that blast against the washing machine on *spin* or the oops on the kitchen cabinets but for the long haul, I need it all.

Sorry for the TMIjavascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
 crayonzz
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/2/2008 1:58:22 AM
Intimacy should be ALL THE TIME - not just during and after sex!!!
If you are not feeling intimacy in your relationship at all times, there are other issues to deal with!!
===================
Ditto
I actually LIKE being pipped at the post like this. Even if it rarely happens.
 jackson5BNY
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/2/2008 8:01:35 AM
I would suggest that if you're asking this question your foreplay skills are probably severely lacking as well..and overall the girl's sexual experience is not as good as it could be.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Intimacy after sex how important is it?