Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yuletide
Msg: 1
Do women really want a nice guy?Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Do women really want a nice guy? I am starting to think women are attracted to jerks or are way into looks or material things.
 cpt crazy
Msg: 2
Do women really want a nice guy?
Posted: 3/31/2005 4:23:38 PM
I feel you on that one!
 ladydi8
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/1/2005 8:53:52 AM
come on fellas ....real nice guys dont go there!...

and sometimes we seem more scared of seemingly nice guys for a reason.....remember ted bundy...and his nice guy persona?
 DJMonz
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/3/2005 12:03:45 AM
Yeah I kind of agree though ... I am a nice guy and a little shy but I see pretty and nice girls all the time that are with the biggest A-holes but I'm still single... It sucks but I guess us nice guys have to just be patient and a little outgoing sometimes ... I have no problem saying what's on my mind and being a little flirtatious with someone I am not really attracted to but when I am talking to someone I like off the bat I don't really know what to say because I don't want to seem like an idiot ... Any input from anyone else?
 yuletide
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/4/2005 10:27:04 PM
Oh great now I am serial killer. LOL. I don't think so. I am pretty sure most women could beat me in arm wrestling. As far as my point, the girl in next door apartment got in a fight with her boyfriend because he screwed some girl in their bed. I do think women are attracted to the bad boy type.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2005 11:48:23 PM
Darn yuletide .. your a serial killer , i never would have suspected.

Time for my nice guys are sexy speech. Pull up a chair and get cozy.

Nice guys are a major turn on for me. A man who treats a woman with respect and are willing to give of themselves from the heart are deliciously appealing. Nice guys are not self centered , self absorbed morons. Nice guys are tender and romantic. Nice guys are willing to compromise and go out of their way to express kindness. Nice guys who are able to give of themselves and not only think of their own needs are by far amazing in bed. Nice guys will make sure you are satisfied before they take care of themselves. I would rather have a nice guy in my bed over any bad boy any day of the week.
 yuletide
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/7/2005 4:19:24 PM
Thanks Dove for cheering me up and restoring my faith in women.:applause
Sometimes I get a little down.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2005 8:33:14 PM
I am glad I was able to lift your spirits and every word of what I said is true. You are a nice guy. Nice guys rock.
 omaav
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/8/2005 5:45:24 PM
i believe u cant expect a change when you keep doing the same thing over and over again.i am done being a nice guy and i really need help in learning how to be a jerk cos i have tried it but end up relapsing into my nice kind state which hasnt produced the kinda result i have always expected.
if you guys wanna help need assistance with two urgent mind boggling questions
1.i have a date 2moro with this cutie and i want to know how i can be not nice cos i really dont care anymore
2.what is being a jerk all about

any suggestion would be helpful

thank you people
 suthrncharm
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/10/2005 1:24:57 PM
im a nice guy that gets called an ***hole, for tellin the girl im with that i dont dance with other women so she shouldnt dance with othr men. but i learned that it was the barbie girls that i dated that were like that not the average lookin ones that wanted just me
 FunLovinFella
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/11/2005 3:13:50 AM
Yes and no.

Women want a guy to have balls and be a little bit of a "bad boy" when they make their first introduction... get their heart goin', adrenaline pumpin', give 'em those butterflies in their stomach from their suave' or whatnot... this is not something that a lot of nice guys can pull off usually only genuine jerkoffs are able to do this convincingly and it's the most important step because the "wooing" part is usually what the women pay the most attention to since they're total and complete slaves to the emotional powers of estrogen.

This is usually enough to get a woman to totally fall head over heels for you and have HER being the one clinging onto YOU not the other way around... but it's only temporary if it's all you've got, which is why women think men have no substance which leads me to the next part...

NICE guys have the substance, we have enough conversation to talk to you (women) until the end of time, enough love to romance you so much we can redefine its meaning, enough likes and dislikes and core values and morals and personality to last for a lifetime, we're the ones who you can hold onto and never let go of because it never gets old... there's one problem, we can't get passed hello with you because we lack the "woo factor", we aren't suave, we aren't "slick", we don't have any witty come-on lines and we're usually a bit shy to come along and just randomly compliment/flirt it up with you.

The magic combination is to either already be suave and learn how to be nice (learn some friggin morals, have some dignity and stop being a jerk) ... this will never happen, jerks will be jerks until the end of time. (Though there are the fabled "ladies men" who have pulled it off because they actually have the brains to.)

The second option would be for a nice guy to grow some iron cajones and take up some "wooing women" courses (or heavily overpriced books written by jerkoffs that managed to learn how to operate a typewriter) and try to bring the bad boy out for the first 5 minutes of getting to know women.. this is more possible but not too common either because it kinda means we have to put on an act and be someone we don't really feel that we are (society has told us to be nice our whole lives... are we really gonna change in a few days/weeks/even months? unlikely) and even if we do pull it off we might let the 'nice guy' shine through by mistake and women have what seems like built-in radar for this, and as soon as they see you're not a GENUINE badboy/jerkoff they feel the power of having the ball back in their court, which is when they'll flick you away, usually.

What's unfortunate is that every woman, to one degree or another, seems to even openly admit they want a guy who's nice "but is a bad boy too" ... sorry ladies, doesn't exist, maybe the upper 0.001% of "ladies men" can fulfill all that, but for the rest of us we're usually just one or the other... do women like nice guys? Yeah, but they can't meet us, get it?
 FunLovinFella
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/11/2005 3:20:38 AM
In response to Dovestreasure... women seem so good at networking and sharing information, a lot of the time it seems if you tell one woman something, given a week ALL women EVERYWHERE know it... so why don't you start networking and start telling your lady friends to tell THEIR lady friends and THEIR lady friends (AND their daughters, thank you) that nice guys are amazing in bed? Just spread the word and it could be a revolution! I think the whole problem when a rumor started that bad boys were hot in the sack... but that rumor failed to mention that all that heat in the sack wore out in about 5 minutes; we nice guys can go all night long ;)
 yuletide
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/12/2005 9:45:04 PM
Yes, that it. I find that the women that I am not interested in are the ones that email me back that they want to go out again. At same time, the women that I am interested in never email me back or want to be just friends after the first date. I think I am too honest. I never use pick-up lines.
 ~~JT~~
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/14/2005 6:21:15 AM
Nice guys break girls hearts.
Bad boys women expect it so it hurts less.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 8:08:07 AM
I would have to disagree with this statement. Yes a nice guy could and has broken a women's heart , but nice guys handle a break up with a touch of class and dignity. They go out of the way to make a parting of ways less painful . On the flip side a bad boy does not care at all , because he is going to move on to his next playmate as soon as he can and he will not look back or care about hurting you. So the sting of a bad guy is far more venomous then a nice guys sting.

I want a nice and loving man in my life.
 blue eyed t
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/16/2005 12:20:10 PM
I think most women want a nice guy and then there are those that are attracted to that "bad boy" persona. I am the poster boy for being nice to women and it has backfired on me several times. I guess the old scool way of treating a woman needs to be revised. If you are too nice some women view that as a weakness in a man. They want a strong decision maker but at the same time they really want to influence the decision. personally, i am not going to change. for every bad girl out there, there are 15 more good ones. the trouble is treading through the water to find them. if a man is true of heart and he has respect for his woman, she will respond in kind if her feelings are genuine. But if she feels like she is settling for a man for whatever reason then no matter what the man does she will never be pleased or happy and that realtionship is doomed to fail.
 bbiker
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/18/2005 1:05:48 PM
Nice guy, ha ha ha ,,, good one,,doesnt matter if your a nice guy or a bad boy, i am a little of both,,and yet sometimes i still eat the dirt when it comes to dating,,,gotta love the excitement of it all, hmmmmm.......
 Dulsinea
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2005 3:41:11 PM
Interesting question coming from a man! (and encouraging!) My very sweet, very nice friend (whose boyfriend just dumped her for a married gal who treats him like crap) and I were wondering the same thing about guys. Sometimes it seems like men walk right past the nice ones to take up with the one who is nasty. And it's not always because she's built like a brick you know what......

Why is that?

Yes women want nice men. (and yes, it's nice to have a little bit of "bad boy" thrown in the mix!) But he needs to know the difference between "bad" boy and "mean" boy and always look at me with "that look" in his eyes.......
 suthrncharm
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/18/2005 4:27:55 PM
im a nice guy lookin for the nice woman not girl, i have no problem doin the cookin and half of the cleanin and i work 40 a week, plus 1 weekend a month now with my reserve but i seem to find the sexually promiscuous women and not the ones lookin for a real man
 Sunrise33322
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/19/2005 9:28:04 AM
No, women do not want nice guys. There is not a single person here that can fail to list numerous experiences where this is evident. The problem is that nobody even notices a nice guy. If you aren't doing something to get noticed then you'll never catch the eye of many women. Yeah, if you are one of us that was brought up to respect others and follow rules and participate honorably in society then yes you will suffer. But I refuse to be anything other than a nice guy. It is a lonely decision, but one you must make in your own life.
 Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/28/2005 4:56:33 PM
Look, the "Mr. Nice Guy" thing is a non-issue.

My own mother always used to tell me, "Nice guys finish last."

This is just the way losers console themselves.(And society enables it.)

It's not that women aren't attracted to nice men. In general,

WOMEN are ATTRACTED to MASCULINE MEN. (Note emphasis.)

A man can be masculine and nice at the same time. Likewise, a man can be real nice and be a weenie. Most women don't want pushovers. In fact, most women don't know /WHAT/ they want, because the constant barrage of hormones they live under makes forming a solid opinion on the matter difficult. Nature designed it this way, the same nature that makes you want to do anything... ANYTHING just to get back in the saddle again. (If you know what I mean, Cowboy.)

Cruel nature has designed it so that what you see as aggression in other men, women will see as assertiveness. What you see as a cheesy con-game, women will see as romanticism. The man you see as a daddy's little rich boy, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, many women will see as an alluring man with "that certain something."

None of this is neccessarily conscious... it's subconscious, and it is nature's way.

Don't ask me to even try and explain Brad Pitt... because I can't.

-- JC

Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/28/2005 5:15:12 PM
Wow, Romanceat24, you just laid down the law! Yes!

What I am frustrated with in reading these forums and hearing conversations, what dumbfounds me, is the TOTAL DENIAL each sex has about what the other wants.

Sure, there are always exceptions, but what men mostly want, is SEX from a HEALTHY, ATTRACTIVE woman. Not lay down in a field of butterflies and watch the clouds pass kind of sex, but DOWN and DIRTY, all fours on the floor sweaty WILD ANIMAL kind of sex.

What women mostly want from men is more complex. But they basically also want men to be HEALTHY, ATTRACTIVE, ASSERTIVE, WEALTHY, and... ATTENTIVE. Women want to think there's a shot at a long-term relationship there. They imagine what kind of father you'd be, and what kind of children you'd have with her. If she's not planning on having children, she imagines what life will be like growing old with you; how you're going to fit into her world. Will you look good at the table speaking to her parents over Thanksgiving turkey... that sort of thing.

If you want to know how to please a woman, get a cat... a female cat... one of those fussy breeds, like a Siamese. If you can make the cat happy... if you can make the cat follow you with anxious anticipation, you can probably win a woman's heart the same way. (Withholding food is considered cheating.)
 Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/28/2005 5:18:25 PM
And for the last time guys... STOP WHINING!

"Awww.... Gee whiz. No one will **** me...."

It scores no points with anyone.
 kachan
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/30/2005 1:55:34 PM
Yes, some of us really like nice guys. But there aren't any left. Prove me wrong.
 LastGypsy
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/1/2005 5:24:36 AM
I cant speak for all women only myself, I want a nice guy, but I dont want an insecure guy. (I know everyone has insecurities, but you cant let them stop you from taking a few chances and living) I also beleive theres good and bad in everyone, the thing thaat makes a nice guy different is when he is bad, he trys to improve upon himself as a person.

I have found a lot of people i have met fall in one of two categories, they want to control or they want to be controled. I dont want either, i like taking turns in the drivers seat.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?