Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beware: eHarmony sucks...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ashleymp
Msg: 10
Beware: eHarmony sucks...Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
lol.... I would NEVER pay for a dating site, or any similar site for that matter...

But eharmony may not be all that bad... I know a couple who met on there, moved to Arizona, and now have a 9 month old adorable baby girl whom I'm a nanny to.... So they met their match!

I wouldnt pay for a site... but don't rule it out til you've tried it!
 Be gone
Msg: 21
Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 12/1/2006 6:37:54 AM
Worst site I ever tried. If they did find someone they were always 3-6 hours away. Even calling them and telling them I did not want to be matched up with a person so far away did no good. Huge waste of money and time.

I honestly think all the "pay" sites suck.
 Alana2
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/1/2006 12:08:40 PM

I tried eHarmony, too. Same results. Lots of in-go and no out-go...or is that go-out. And I'm stumped why this thread would stay on line when I tried to warn others about Together of Houston and the thread was booted of

I don't know why monitors delete threads people find interesting and are responding to. Is there any place on POF where you can vote to delete monitors?
 jpb357
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/4/2007 12:40:46 PM
eHarmony found me what they said was a perfect match.... my ex-wife.
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/17/2007 5:02:37 PM
Eharmony is esucka$$.

I met a pseudopedo on there. Eww.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:43:32 AM
Like the vast majority here, I did not care for eharmony either. Maybe I am superficial, but I prefer women who don't outweigh me. The majority of the matches I received were quite hefty. Not bashing those women, but it's just not for me. You have to have some physical attraction and that is one of my biggest turn offs. So the majority of people who 'matched' me were dead on arrival.

But that said I do have an ex-girlfriend whom I stayed friends with whom met her husband off eharmony. These two click very well and make a good couple.
 no golf pro
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/19/2007 11:38:56 AM
I tried e-harmony for the same reason as some of the otheres here, thinking that if you paid more you'd get more. To be honest I found the majority of women (not very many by the way) were very close to what I was looking for. I felt that most could be a good friend if things didn't work out. The one thing that was missing was that even with a picture in their profile the chemistry still had to be tested only when we met.
I met 1 woman that I became involved with for a year so I guess I'm the only one that thinks that they do what they say.
 wanderer1999
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2007 11:21:15 AM
No problems with E-Harmony here.

I spent alot of time on the questionnaire, thought very carefully about what was the most important to me, and what wasn't important. I tried not to be overly fussy in what I wanted... concentrated on the most important traits that I was looking for in a partner.

6 months later, have gotten about 100 matches, most of them dropped/discarded during the vetting stages as I learned more about their core values and goals.

In contact with one (who is actually very compatible in terms of values and outlook), but we've just started going on dates, so we'll see how it turns out. In communication with others with several that look promising... I'm not going to restrict my options until I'm in a relationship.

I found the number of matches went WAY up when you used the rating/feedback option. The personality profile isn't perfect, so it helps their system alot when you help them refine what you like/dislike in the matches they are giving you.

As for the chemistry thing, you just can't predict that. For alot of individuals, what sparks their chemistry is often the complete opposite of what would make a good partner/spouse (think nice guys/bad boys). They in fact warn you of this, that the personality profiles are based upon who would be a good match for a long-term relationship for you, not based upon an individual's particular obsessions.

I suspect that for those who are a little more serious, less interested in "dating" and more interested in seriously approaching relationships, E-harmony is just another tool in the toolbox that isn't perfect, but works reasonably well. For those who are severely conflicted in what they desire, or overly picky, it may pose some problems.

In the end, as long as I end up with 1 person, doesn't matter where I get them from.
 Vancer
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/29/2007 11:01:57 AM
Damn.
I just bought 100 shares of eHarmony stock too.
 Vancer
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/29/2007 11:26:29 AM
Sweet mother of pearl.
I like, just finished selling my eHarmony stocks and buying True stocks.
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2007 12:50:08 PM
There is ALREADY a thread currently running on EHARMONY sucking.

(Go to forums, then testimonials, subject is on first page, 12th one down.)
 roarimaraptor
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/2/2007 6:46:01 AM
I'm on the fence about eharmony. They keep matching me with people who aren't really matches. I like it better than match.com though. I signed up for the deal that if you don't meet someone in 6 months, you get 6 months free. But there's certain criteria you have to fill every month, the hardest being that you have to email at least 5 members a month. The problem is I can't find 5 new members to email every month. It's hard to find that many people on there a month that stand out in any way. As soon as that subscriptions expires, I'm out of there.
 MallardHunter
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/2/2007 12:19:26 PM
Not only do they suck but they are now being sued because they refuse to gays...
 TensawEagle1
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2007 5:30:55 PM
On a 1-10 I give eharmony a -01

Rick
 whothehellknows
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/6/2007 8:49:45 PM

I was also displeased with the fact that, although I had to fill out a lenghty profile questionnaire, and specified things like "no kids" and "must have photo" I would all sorts of "matches" who answered no profile questions, had no photo, and had children.

Same here. They are a complete waste of time. All the questions you answer apparently do nothing because they still try to match you with people whom you have ZERO in common with. I also selected a few items to weed out people, but it still did not help as I kept getting matches.

I was only a member for a month and after I canceled, they tried to rebill me. Then I kept getting spammed like crazy. I had to block them on my spam filter because it was so annoying.

I think they have unethical business practices.
 Murf167
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/27/2007 11:16:59 AM
To the folks who tried e-harmony but were informed that a match for them could not be found, there's a rumor going around that e-harmony will not match persons who are atheist, agnostic, wiccan, or other 'alternate' religions.

I've never tried the site, I like to hang on to my money, but has anyone else seen this experience?
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/27/2007 11:54:13 AM
eharmoney does suck!
 moniquesc
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/28/2007 10:31:34 AM
I agree with the OP about e-harmony. My best guy friend and I both joined at the same time, and we had about the same luck. I received 3 matches 2 of which told me they were already talking with a couple of other people, and the 3rd one was nice, but despite all the talking and interest he seemed to show in me it never went anywhere.

My guy friend had 2 matches in like 3 months and one never responded; the other was a certifiable loon!
 Matrixxed
Msg: 85
Beware: e-WhoreMoney SUCKS!!
Posted: 10/29/2007 5:38:42 PM
e-WhoreMoney SUCKS
I was suppose to get 3 monthes for the price of 1 month.
They said I wasn't a paid up money after the first month.
I couldn't find their phone number on the website to cancel.
They continued to bill my credit card $30 a month.
Everytime I called to cancel from the phone number I got they said the
call volume was to high and to call back later. I always got this message
no matter when I called or the 20 times I did try to call no matter what day of the week that it was.
I didn't know they continued to charge my account because I thought I had only purchased 3 monthes (of which I only got 1 month) for a one-time only charge of $30.
$180 and six monthes later they refused to refund my account even though they admitted that they knew I hadn't logged onto the site for the last 6 monthes.
I call them every night for an hour since I want to get even by tieing up their tech people and customer disservice people. I advise everybody else they have ripped off to do the same thing to them--maybe they will get the message then.
That is some nerve to charge someone for 6 monthes of service they never got.
 Matrixxed
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/29/2007 5:41:34 PM
e-WhoreMoney SUCKS
I was suppose to get 3 monthes for the price of 1 month.
They said I wasn't a paid up money after the first month.
I couldn't find their phone number on the website to cancel.
They continued to bill my credit card $30 a month.
Everytime I called to cancel from the phone number I got they said the
call volume was to high and to call back later. I always got this message
no matter when I called or the 20 times I did try to call no matter what day of the week that it was.
I didn't know they continued to charge my account because I thought I had only purchased 3 monthes (of which I only got 1 month) for a one-time only charge of $30.
$180 and six monthes later they refused to refund my account even though they admitted that they knew I hadn't logged onto the site for the last 6 monthes.
I call them every night for an hour since I want to get even by tieing up their tech people and customer disservice people. I advise everybody else they have ripped off to do the same thing to them--maybe they will get the message then.
That is some nerve to charge someone for 6 monthes of service they never got.
 Matrixxed
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/29/2007 5:44:21 PM
E-WhoreMoney wouldn't refund my money even though I never logged onto the site for 6 monthes! $180 down the drain. I could never get through to their customer service and their phone number is not on their site.
 bhcpp
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/30/2007 7:15:44 PM
All the more reason not to join. 60 responses from guys suggests to me that the site is mostly men. No man gets that many matches on E-Harmony. Too many men not enough women.
 Born Happy
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/2/2007 9:40:18 AM
Just to add another experience....I was planning to de-activate my account before they automatically billed me for another month, but wanted to use the account right up until it expired, so I waited to close it until the very last minute. I had paid up until Nov. 4th and they re-billed me on Oct. 30. I have now clicked on 'close account' and found out that I can still use it until Nov. 30! So you have to really plan ahead if you want to leave.

Did you know that the default setting for age is 5 years younger but 20 years older -- at least for women (or at least for me)? They were matching me up with guys the same age as my father. I changed that setting and all of the other settings that I could find.

I thought it was dumb that they ask you how important a guy's height is but they don't ask you which height you prefer.

My final rant is that they tell you to contact them with any comments or suggestions, which I have done on several occasions, but they never respond.

I guess they need all of that cash to pay for their ads because they don't use it to provide a service.

I do like the psychological profiling idea, but like others have said, all of my matches at eHarmony live thousands of miles away and even though we have 'good phone', it's just a fantasy relationship. Who wants to move somewhere when you don't even know the person? And my town has a population of 2000, so slim pickins.

Happy fishing! And please don't waste your $$$ on eHarmony. It's a scam.
 Who.Me
Msg: 102
Posted: 11/2/2007 3:18:27 PM
A friend of mine gave me a gift subscription to eharmony...it was such a waste of time. I had mileage preferences within 100 miles...I was getting matches from Minnesota and Alaska, I live in Florida. Guess eharmony's computer needed a geography lesson!
I also had stated I wanted to met someone that didn't want children...every person they sent to me wanted children...DUH!!!

I'm just glad I didn't pay for it.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/7/2007 1:12:10 PM
I haven't been an ejarm member for awhile now and they still send me matches. which the men also get saying I'm a possible so they believe I'm still a member. and tehy try and communicate when I'm not even there! so I believe eharm is commiting fraud, leading members to believe nonmebers are still there...pretty damn rude and disrespectful!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beware: eHarmony sucks...