Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Bikinis for Toddlers Spark Controversy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Bikinis for Toddlers Spark ControversyPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^As a boy grateful to be raised by his Aunt you are spot on right sweetheart! I would take a bullet for one of my neices or nephews without a thought, and something tells me you would as well. Don't ever sell good advice short. Protect your skin, always!
 goldnlocked
Msg: 3
Bikinis for Toddlers Spark Controversy
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:19:23 PM

Norwegian Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik criticized Swedish furniture maker IKEA for showing few women assembling flat-packed goods in cartoon instruction leaflets. IKEA agreed to depict more women.

Sorry, isn't the lil dude on the instructions a non-person? I saw no gender discrepancies on my lil ikea guy, unless you count a lack of two curved lines representin' breasts as makin' the stickperson a man. And if it is a man, I expect more lines, like a moustache, or a third leg, to feul my imagination. I'd like to be able to fantasize about swedish stick figures while I build my wicker basket shelf. As if I go to ikea just for the hassle of building the furniture myself. There's a virtual playboy in every box!
 SICutie
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:31:53 PM
what we need to worry about is why bikinis have to be sexual. a one piece doesn't fit me right so i wear 2 pieces. doesn't mean i'm being sexual
 SICutie
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:39:43 PM
i have to agree with dallas. it is silly and the people freaking out about it are the scary ones.

i had a kiddie pool in my back yard and went topless

when i was three we went to atlantic city and i have a pic of me in a 2 piece. now mind you i had on knee high argyle socks and buster browns and even still it was not sexy
 Frrosty
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:16:13 PM
what we need to worry about is why bikinis have to be sexual

NO DOUBT!!

I think this is a retarded thing to focus on. A child is not a sexual thing and no bikini or lack of will ever change that. (and if it does; they have some real problems with their society and their views on sex and sexuality)

seeing young girls with "hottie" on t-shirts, or "angel" written across their butt, is disturbing.

Agreed!! Having some words on their bum or chest that BRINGS attention there is somewhat different, and in my opinion, a little wrong as well. Sex sells..truth, however, bringing it to the younger masses should almost...well....be criminal!!
 HedonistDrifter
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:55:01 PM
IMO... a toddler should be able to run around the beach totally naked without it being conceived as "sexual" in nature...Anyone that thinks of a small child in those ways, needs to be locked up or better yet, publicly stoned...

Edit: We should be more worried about purging society of scum, and less concerned about "provocative" attire...
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/14/2005 4:34:45 PM
How about all those preteens wearing thongs.It is sad and sick that parents let their daughters wear thongs.They need to be spank!
 Frrosty
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:28:55 PM
*shrugs*

Are they not just underwear?
 NittanyLion
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:46:50 PM
oops double post sorry
 NittanyLion
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:49:14 PM
im with u hedonist.kids love running around with clothes and we as parents should not have to worry about some sicko eyeballing them
We shouldn't have to worry, but we do have to worry. It's a shame that we must, but there's no getting around it; ignoring a problem because it "shouldn't" be there doesn't make it go away.

How about all those preteens wearing thongs.It is sad and sick that parents let their daughters wear thongs.They need to be spank!
I agree tar. Well, not about the spanking, and I don't think I'd go as far as to call it sick (hmm... so I guess I don't agree! lol)but I don't think it's appropriate. I think the telling part is that you and I and the rest of the world know that they are wearing thongs. That brings it out of simply the underwear catagory, in my opinion.
 Frrosty
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:59:22 PM

I think the telling part is that you and I and the rest of the world know that they are wearing thongs

um..hu?

Am I missing something here? In thought that thongs were big because they did NOT show underwear lines.

um...??
 NittanyLion
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:06:03 PM
Very screwed up.

Pacifiers are also popular in conjunction with Ecstasy because of the teeth clenching.

Am I missing something here? In thought that thongs were big because they did NOT show underwear lines.
This is why thongs are big with adults. But we've all seen kids with the low ride pants and the thongs, no?
 NittanyLion
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:25:41 PM
Byrd,

Dressing up children this way is asking for trouble in my opinion.

And I couldn't agree more.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/15/2005 3:52:12 PM
I agree.^^^Sad about is that wal_mart are selling thongs in the girls department next to the trainingbras.It is sad.They are selling thong and trainingbra sets.
 Frrosty
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:44:19 PM
sucking on candy pacifiers

Now THAT just bothers me.

Or those girls who wear tight t-shirts with no bras at..like..14 years old!!?? THAT makes me want to run to church on ALL of our behalfs.

EEKK!!

(And I don't even GOTO church!)

They are hooked on various drugs. They look like normal girls. They are 13 to 16

Who's hooking them. (you got a gun?)

But we've all seen kids with the low ride pants and the thongs, no?

ugh.

Byrd; you are my hero sir. I think you're so damned beautiful.
 Frrosty
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:36:30 PM

one of the pimps had a very unfortunete accident the other fell down a flight of stairs about fifteen times,

Funny how that happens.

*shrugs*
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/16/2005 11:16:50 AM
I agree^^^I think wal-mart should have a policy that you should be a certain age before you can buy thongs.Like 16.But 12-15.NO!.But then again their mothers might buy them for their daughters...Should be alaw against selling training bras with thongs.It does not look good.
 sparticuss
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/5/2006 4:40:42 AM
Children grow up fast enough due to peer pressure and media pressure and we need some responsibility here.

I also don't like the way that young girls are targetted by the cosmetic ranges..
================================
You forgot one Irish Mary

Maternal presure.

You get a teen girl with nothing but jeans, overalls, and sports bras in her wardrobe and her mum is the one who gets stroppy.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Bikinis for Toddlers Spark Controversy